Im looking to buy one and just wondered if anyone had any comments. Its used for $170. Sexy black
DONT DO IT!!! atleast save up and buy the epiphone les paul standard if your looking for an EPI
2008 M.I.A. HSS Strat
Marshall JCM 900 50w Dual Reverb
They're made of plywood. Don't touch them with a forty foot barge poll.
I bought as my first guitar. Yeah, big mistake. I should have done more research and gotten an Agile or something instead. I guess the guitar is alright, but if you even look at it wrong, it'll go out of tune.
You will be very disappointed. You dont get much of a guitar for that price. And epiphones quality control is pretty much nonexistant. They use really cheap tuners in em wont stay tune for any length of time. I got a LP100 recently its about twice the price of the special. And lets see the bridge pickup didnt work, and would not stay in tune. Its a lefty so they put left hand pots in it but right hand knobs so the controls were backwards, 10 was off and 1 was full blast. The fret board and frets were no where near close to straight. I bought as a project to take apart anyways so wasnt to much of a problem. Do yourself a favor and save up some more money.
Buy this instead.

A far better guitar, and it's cheaper too
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.