Okay, I just got a Jackson with a double locking floyd rose. I recently just changed from .10s to .10s w/ heavy tops. The problem is my bridge is now sticking up at a 45 degree angle and I am clueless as to what to do to fix this? Were the strings a bad idea? Is there anyway to correct this without having to throw away these $20 strings?
unfortuneately I can't. It seems as if there is just too much tension caused by the 3 heavy strings. The bridge looks like it's in permanent dive bomb position...
Never, Never, NEVER change string gauges withought the proper adjustments with floyd roses.
You'll have to tighten the springs in the inside of the guitar.
time machine. Inadvertently, I had created a
The only way i know of to fix that without tossing your strings is to add another spring to your tremolo. i think? Im not too sure of this so if this ****s it up dont blame me. and that is why i stopped using my floyd guitar and got a nice guitar with a hardtail.
adjust the springs

Basically you need to do a new set up, which sucks ass, but you need more tightness in the springs. I have 3 springs in mine, and i play regular 10s. You may need another spring or so
That's what I was afraid of. I don't have any other springs to add unfortunately, and I'll have to toss the strings anyway, right? I mean if I leave the guitar the way it is I am going to to do damage to the neck so I don't really have a choice. Ah my ignorance....
Tighten the springs in the back with a screwdriver, i mean its kinda obvious isnt it?. then retune, and repeat, have fun it will take an hour but will be worth it

Gear:
Ibanez JPM P100A
Schecter C7 Loomis
Ibanez Rg1570
Agile Intrepid 828 Pro Dual
Schecter Omen FR Extreme
Ibanez RG550 (Fernandez Sustainer)
Laney World Series 120-TR
POD X3 Live
As others have stated, you'll need to open the back of your guitar, and tighten the two screws holding the bridge in the guitar.

Do it a bit at a time, and after each time you turn the screws tighter, tune the guitar, because when you tighten the springs, the tension on the springs will increase, overtuning them.
Don't turn them too much at once, or else you'll end up either snapping the strings, or going too tight and having the bridge too low in the guitar.

It's a long and drawn out process, but it's worth it.
Peavey Rage 158
Ibanez RG 320 FM
ESP LTD AX-50
Boss MT-2
Boss CH-1
Belcat Delay
Digitech Jamman Solo