I've been playing for about 2 years now and just recently began resting my picking hand on my strings when I start shredding or playing something up high or particularly fast. I was wondering if it's anything I should avoid. Thanks
do you mean like leaving your fingers at the end of the sharp e string? i do that to, ive seen others do that to i think its completely normal
its not that bad. lots of people do it. I do it.
I love my...

Parker Nitefly Mojo - custom
Schecter 006 Hellraiser
Ibanez S470QS

Mesa / Boogie F-50
Vox AD50VT

Seagull Artist Studio cutaway I-beam

Ibanez ATK700
Ibanez Soundwave 35
i rest my palm below my thumb on strings above ones I play (obviously not when playing on the low E). I think thats what he's talking about.
I love my...

Parker Nitefly Mojo - custom
Schecter 006 Hellraiser
Ibanez S470QS

Mesa / Boogie F-50
Vox AD50VT

Seagull Artist Studio cutaway I-beam

Ibanez ATK700
Ibanez Soundwave 35
I rest the side of my hand on the low strings as if i'm palm muting them, that's what I mean.
I do it, and I think it's good as it mutes all the other strings so you don't get any unwanted noise.
New To Town With A Made Up Name

In The Angel's City

Chasing Fortune And Fame
09/03/2012
I think he means when his playing on the high e or the b string, he rests his palm to mute out G D A E. which yes i do, but i cant mute out the high E string like slash and co do when i play lower E A D strings. It feels awkward
When I am playing a really fast solo or something, I usually palm mute the lower strings, helps get rid of hitting an unwanted open string, and also when you move onto the lower strings, that palm mute, removes some of the slack so you can sound much neater.