I've just noticed that with the growing popularity of Ninja Vs. Pirates Vs. Vikings in general, more and more companies are hopping on the band waggon.

So far I've seen T-Shirts and other articles of clothing promoting either sides superiority.

This is something I came across recently, though...

http://xbox360.ign.com/objects/958/958171.html

http://xbox360.ign.com/objects/956/956552.html

Two video games currently in development. One is about Ninjas Vs Pirates. The other is a Viking game.

Coincidence?

Anything else people have seen pertaining to this Ninja Vs. Pirates Vs. Vikings war?

P.S. I didnt add Wizards simply because almost every game in existance has a Wizard in it...lol

"As far as we can discern, the sole purpose of human existence is to kindle a light in the darkness of mere being..."

~ C.G. Jung
along with that, facebook has been whoring the concept as well causing a mass interest boost.
Live Ever, Die Never
I'm told I look like a viking, especially by coworkers. The next time someone mentions it I plan on saying something about how I protect the land of Target Electronics in the name of Thor.

It's a rather boring job.

I'm all for the ninjas! Ryu Hayabusa might just be one of my favorite video game characters of all time! But a game of pirates versus ninjas versus vikings? I don't know. I'm skeptical.

Anyway, off to fail another final!
Quote by Mazzakazza
Play Meshuggah. It is the solution.
Quote by FenderSTRAT
along with that, facebook has been whoring the concept as well causing a mass interest boost.

I know, i think i have a pirate, zombie, vampire, and ninja on mine, all hidden mainly becouse so much people were sending me request to "BECOME A NINJA" it started pissing me off. Its stupid either way.
Well the Viking game will be awesome, simply because it features Vikings and I would love to battle for Asgard. However, the pirates versus ninjas game will probably be ridiculous, have a nonsensical plot, and be capitalizing on a recent trend.
Quote by Mike Birbiglia
I went to the doctor, and they found something in my bladder. And whenever they find something, it's never anything good like, "We found something in your bladder AND IT'S SEASON TICKETS TO THE YANKEES!!

Do you folks like folk?
Quote by BringMeTheCalm
Well the Viking game will be awesome, simply because it features Vikings and I would love to battle for Asgard. However, the pirates versus ninjas game will probably be ridiculous, have a nonsensical plot, and be capitalizing on a recent trend.

+1
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by J.A.M
Ninjas do rule, however.

Blasphemy. Ninjas are below both vikings AND pirates.
Quote by thewho65
What if I want my c*ck to smell like an egg roll?

GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Quote by Gemini
Blasphemy. Ninjas are below both vikings AND pirates.

You were obviously thrown against a wall when you slid out.

Ninjas > Pirates & Vikings.

You lay me down as I go to the store
Sorrow ate me, I'm not me anymore
Play these heavens one more time
I'm not yours and I'm not mine

When you hear music after it's over, it's gone in the air.
You can never capture it again.

The trend is just a retarded rip-off

..of a mildly funny internet fad

...that was a rip-off of another completely retarded internet meme

It's a viscious cycle that ends ten years from now with our generation going "Holy shit! We thought the 80s were cheesy! How did we ever think that was funny?"
Quote by Ataxia
You were obviously thrown against a wall when you slid out.

Ninjas > Pirates & Vikings.

Obviously you only think ninjas are the best because your mom stealthily gave birth to you in a public outhouse.
Quote by thewho65

GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Quote by Gemini
Obviously you only think ninjas are the best because your mom stealthily gave birth to you in a public outhouse.

that was a pretty good comeback.

VIKINGS FTW!
Quote by dark&broken
I'd like to see any of those meathead homophobes look a Spartan in the eye and call him a fag.

See the whole pirates vs. ninjas makes no sense to me. In straight up combat, there's no way the ninja would lose, seeing as they're fast, stealthy, and have better weapons than pirates.

Silly people...
Quote by eggo_boi_15

that was a pretty good comeback.

VIKINGS FTW!

Damn straight, nukka.

Quote by acidhammerdrums
Pirates and Vikings are pretty much the same thing from different eras.

But vikings are more br00tal, duh.
Quote by thewho65

Quote by Gemini

But vikings are more br00tal, duh.

but everything was more "br00tal" back in the viking's day. I would say that the relative "br00tality" of vikings to normal 9th century life is the same as pirates to normal 18th century life.
Quote by acidhammerdrums
but everything was more "br00tal" back in the viking's day. I would say that the relative "br00tality" of vikings to normal 9th century life is the same as pirates to normal 18th century life.

So does this mean we've come to the conclusion that pirates are pussified wannabe vikings, and normal 18th century people are pussified wannabe 9th century people?
Quote by thewho65

I'm sorry but last time I checked, Yoshimitsu pwns Leif Eriksson AND Jack Sparrow old skool

Quote by acidhammerdrums
Pirates and Vikings are pretty much the same thing from different eras.

are you kidding?!

The vikings weren't just raiders and pillagers, they were an advanced civilization reknowned for their craftsmanship and seafaring, and most notably, explorers

Pirates just rob people for the fun of it.

Viking raids were to get as much loot as possible to take home to their country, plus the vikings were more organized
hue
Last edited by sock_demon at Dec 10, 2007,
It was kinda funny at first, but then it started getting out of hand. Once I started getting five "NINJAS VS. PIRATES!!!" applications a day on Facebook, that's when it started to piss me off. The Viking game seems pretty cool though, not like it's trying to bank on this whole trend.

One last thing though...NINJAS. That is all.
Quote by Trefellin
You know a music scene is fucked up when it becomes difficult to keep track of who killed who, who committed suicide and who alledgedly engaged in cannibalism.

LastFM
Who honestly DOESN'T like Ninjas best out of them? They're actually the best..

Last edited by Your Mother : Today at 03:44 PM
Quote by sock_demon

are you kidding?!

The vikings weren't just raiders and pillagers, they were an advanced civilization reknowned for their craftsmanship and seafaring, and most notably, explorers

Viking raids were to get as much loot as possible to take home to their country, plus the vikings were more organized

This too.
Quote by thewho65

Quote by Gemini
So does this mean we've come to the conclusion that pirates are pussified wannabe vikings, and normal 18th century people are pussified wannabe 9th century people?

Why yes, yes it does.

Quote by sock_demon

are you kidding?!

Vikings weren't that organized.

Look I like Vikings better, I was just drawing a comparison between Pirates and Vikings because pretty much everything Pirates did, Vikings did better. So relax a bit.
Pirates pillaged and looted for a living.
Vikings did it out of necessity... mostly.
Basically the vikings raided when the needed something, but couldn't trade anything for it. (or didn't have anything to/wanted to trade for it)

Oh, and please call the "Vikings" for Norsemen when your are talking about them as a civilization/people, just to spread some information about them, viking means raid/raider, basically they would sail out going... viking...
The correct term of the people that lived in Scandinavia would be the Norse. Now,
Sworn enemy of the private investigator.
Last edited by Sheepdragon at Jan 4, 2008,