ok, so I play electric guitar, and by Christmas I will have enough to buy a guitar. I currently only have an epi special II so I really would like to upgrade. I play soft rock, pop rock, pop punk, a little blues, and pop punk/punk rock. My price range would be up to $500 US...any suggestions are welcome.
Quote by RetroGunslinger
this is like comparing a flushing toilet to a hole in the ground
Last edited by fifer at Dec 10, 2007,
Do you like your Epi? You can step up to an Epi LP. HSS Standard Strat would also be worth looking at. You should also check out the PRS SE series. Lower end Schecter might also be nice. If you like hollowbodies, I'd check out the Ibanez Artcore series.
Hi, I'm Peter
Michael Kelly Patriot

Spectacular guitars; best in the price range for what you want, in my opinion.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Hey man. Id say suggest going to a store and playing different guitars. Everyone is going to tell you all different types of guitar. Its about what you like and about how you like playing it. Id suggest looking at Fender Mexican Strat HSS. It has great tone. At this point, anything above $300.00 will be a huge upgrade from your epiphone.

Good luck man.
an hhs stardard strat or an powerhouse it's 600 but u could hagle and lower to like 570-550bucks
ok, thanks I will try looking at these guitars when I go to LA, in like 2 weeks...any more suggestions?
Quote by RetroGunslinger
Quote by hookedonfox
could get a epi stardard they aren't to bad =s

In his price range, he should be looking at guitars that are "great" - not guitars that "aren't to [sic] bad"

Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Quote by hookedonfox
they aren't that bad >___>

Quote by utsapp89
I think an Agile AL-3000 would be a good choice, since you're already used to the LP style. Plus it leaves you some room to upgrade the pickups or buy any extras that you might want.
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.
forgot to mention that I need it to be from instore sales, cant buy online...thanks anyways though.
Quote by RetroGunslinger