OK, I just got an 8-space Gator case and have finished loading up all my stuff in it; however, I'm having a bit of trouble with my head.

As a few of you know, it's my new SVT4-PRO. The problem is that when I put it on the very bottom, I can't put the front lid of the case on because of the little "claws" that lock it on the bottom (again, it's a Gator case). So I moved it one screw up to give the little claws some room.

Here's the problem. the amp is HEAVY. like, 40 lbs. when it was on the bottom, it was resting on the bottom of the case and therefore had a little extra support, now, the only thing holding it up is those 4 little screws.

Will it be fine, or should I stuff some support between the amp and the bottom of the case?
"Comedy's a dead art form. Now tragedy, that's funny." -Bender Bending Rodriguez
Hmmmmmm, i see your problem...

.. i would say yes to putting more underneath the SVT because i know they weigh so much, and also my head unit is rack mounted and the screws aren't always incredibly reliable.
Yeah, now you're gonna die wearing that stupid little hat. How does it feel?

Help me to live.

I make custom guitar wiring harnesses and I'm pretty damn good at it!
For the mean time, just put a book or summit underneath, eventually you could put another rack mounted item like a tuner or compressor in there.

Gear:
Fender Standard Jazz Bass
Artec Matrix Pedal Tuner
BBE Optostomp
Boss GEB 7
EHX NYC Big Muff
Ashdown MAG C410T-300
Torque T100BX
GAS-ing for:
Boss SYB5
Behringer Intelligate IG9
yeah, this case is proving to be a pain in the ass.....

I could flip it over so as to mount the SVT on the very bottom, but the flip side of the case seems to flimsy to hold out for long like that. Also, the locks would be on the bottom. grrrr... yeah I'm just going to shove a towel under it or something.
"Comedy's a dead art form. Now tragedy, that's funny." -Bender Bending Rodriguez
hmm A hard backed book would probably be better.

Even with a towel I bet it could twist anyway.

Gear:
Fender Standard Jazz Bass
Artec Matrix Pedal Tuner
BBE Optostomp
Boss GEB 7
EHX NYC Big Muff
Ashdown MAG C410T-300
Torque T100BX
GAS-ing for:
Boss SYB5
Behringer Intelligate IG9
i have a SKB 4 slot and my B2R doesn't give me that problem. i would certainly be concerned with all that weight resting on the rack alone. perhaps a small strip of wood, placed under the rear rubber feet of the amp. the amp can produce a considerable amount of heat, and you don't won't to inpead the air flow surrounding the amp. and you don't want to create any possible fire hazard. you might call Gator to see if they offer any solutions.
This may sound dumb, but does the thing not close with ANY piece of rack gear at the bottom? Why not stick your Sonic Maximizer at the bottom and have the SVT above it? Or why not stuff all the money you saved under the SVT?

Or just give it to me? As I wait for my Carvin head that hasn't come for over 3 weeks... damn Canadian stupid border.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
no, I wanted the SVT on the bottom because it's the heaviest, and it's cute little sculpted face won't let the claws on the case lid slide in. And even if I did put the sonic maximizer on the bottom, the SVT would still be free-floating on four screws, because the BBE is so small. It would even be stressing the BBE's screws, as well.

I'll try a couple things: first I'll try putting the feet back on and see if they reach down enough for support, and if that doesn't work I'll just put a piece of wood on the bottom.