Hey, i just bought a kustom coupe 36 off ebay, my first tube amp!...it sounds absolutly amazing, but i got some extra cash because i got it for so cheap. So im going to replace the speaker and get new tubes. I was thinking about the celestion greenback, but it only has 25w of power handling and my amp is 36w. I was wondering if anyone could help me find a good speaker that will smooth out a bit of the harshness in the distortion and bottom end. Thanks guys!
Eminence Govenor, Eminence's version of the V30 without the harsh highs and with a nice tight bottom end.
12 fret fury
whats your style?
Quote by shakin'cakes
First of all, I enjoy deathcore for it's complexity and it's the only genre heavy enough for me

Quote by Highway60Bob
I want an amp good for playing hippie tunes. I want it to be an actual amp, not a tube amp.
check out the Celestion G12H30 or G12 Century Vintage
Quote by shakin'cakes
First of all, I enjoy deathcore for it's complexity and it's the only genre heavy enough for me

Quote by Highway60Bob
I want an amp good for playing hippie tunes. I want it to be an actual amp, not a tube amp.
you dont have to match your speaker wattage with your amp wattage. there arent any 36 watt speakers, your gonna have to go under or over, and with only a 6 or 4 watt difference, it isnt really going to matter unless your going to be cranking it almost to max all the time (with the lower wattage)
Quote by shakin'cakes

Quote by Highway60Bob
no i usually have my amp between a quarter and half volume...and i know im not gunna find a 36w speaker i was just worried about blowing them, they arent cheap lol
how much did you pay can i ask?

cos here in england they are £800 ($1600) so i imported one from america for £500 ($1000)