so someone told me to download this audacity thing, I did, but now what kind of mic should I get to plug into the computer? I am planning on recording from my amp...
Quote by RetroGunslinger
this is like comparing a flushing toilet to a hole in the ground
you canplug ur amp into the computer input slot if you get an adaptor, unless you dont have an output line from your amp. in which case, idunno.

i run my guitar through my comp via an effects box (RP150 i think), and it works well for me
Get a decent audio interface. Check out M-Audio for really great 'bang for the buck' stuff. Plug the mic into the XLR input and you're off to the races.

Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
cheap quality solution - usb mic.

another cheap solution - headphone out from amp to line in on sound card.

Best solutions - USB/firewire interface and good mic
interface that lets you use your guitar without any amp like the Toneports.

I say get the interface.
Last edited by moody07747 at Dec 11, 2007,