My amp is makeing this buzzing sound, (which it has never done in the year and a half that I have had it), whenever I turn it on. I have already checked the tubes and they are not the problem. And by the way, it does it even when I have nothing in the input (i.e. pedalboard and guitar). What could possibly be causing my amp to buzz? My amp is a Peavey ValveKing 112.
My Rig:

Epi Elitist LP 57' Goldtop
Peavey VK 112
Vox V848 Clyde McCoy Wah
MXR Dyna Comp
EH Big Muff
Marshall GV-2 Guv'nor
MXR 10-Band EQ
EH Small Clone Chorus
Boss DD-3 Digital Delay
Boss TU-2 Tuner
Boss NS-2 Noise Gate
When you say you checked the tubes, does that include the preamp tubes? That'd be my first guess - try swapping them in and out and see if there's any particular one which is causing the noise. Also check the speaker connections and the fx loop (leave a patch cable across it).
Chances are it's a valve problem of some description, if not it could be a more serious fault, perhaps the caps or transformer.
Might end up as a job for your local tech....
this is a common valveking problem, i dunno how to fix it though
Quote by shakin'cakes
First of all, I enjoy deathcore for it's complexity and it's the only genre heavy enough for me

Quote by Highway60Bob
I want an amp good for playing hippie tunes. I want it to be an actual amp, not a tube amp.
The tubes was my first guess. I have already swapped out both preamp and power tubes and it is still buzzing. It is not a loud buzz, just an annoying one.
My Rig:

Epi Elitist LP 57' Goldtop
Peavey VK 112
Vox V848 Clyde McCoy Wah
MXR Dyna Comp
EH Big Muff
Marshall GV-2 Guv'nor
MXR 10-Band EQ
EH Small Clone Chorus
Boss DD-3 Digital Delay
Boss TU-2 Tuner
Boss NS-2 Noise Gate
Last edited by dre8686 at Dec 10, 2007,
plug it into an outlet in a different room.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011