Page 1 of 2
First off I never used to "believe" in the paranormal until a few months back because I have moved into this new house and there are things that have happened that I cant explain. Ive always dismissed ghost stories because there is virtually no scientific evidence to back it up. On a rational thought level, I do not believe in the paranormal and there is a scientific explanation for everything. End of story. You just need to find the answers.

Well I cant find the answers and I have gone through every little shred of evidence and scenario to try and explain them and they just dont fit.

The first scenario happened a week after I moved into my house. I was lying in bed and dozing off to sleep. I wasnt quite there but I knew I was falling asleep. Suddenly I felt something jerking at my duvet cover. Something was trying to pull it off of me. When I go to bed, I am sausage rolled in my duvet. I cover my head then lie over the seem where the duvet cover is sausage rolled around me. Its hard to move when you are in that position, but its snug and warm.

I thought maybe I was suffering from sleep paralysis but I could move all my limbs, well as much as I could. I tried to call out to my housemates but no noise escaped my mouth. I was frozen with fear. The tugging stopped after a few seconds and then I was dozing off again. I woke up in fear when I felt something pulling the duvet off me slowly. This time I screamed and my housemates came running in asking me what was wrong. Needless to say they think I have lost it.

Another occurrence happened a few weeks after. I have an en suite bathroom and I always close the door. There is no window in the bathroom, only an extractor fan. Many times I have heard the door slowly close of its own accord. I just do not like it but my housemates thinks its in my mind. There is no possible way the door could close on its own.

Then I hear creaking floor boards in my room at the side of my bed.

I feel something stroking my hair at night. Always at 2:33am on the dot. I wake up almost everyday at 2:33am every day gripped with fear. That could be the duvet rolling off my head but it feels hand like.

I see shadows move across the walls, even when the lights are on and I am home alone. I am home alone now and the only reason why I am posting this is because I saw a shadow move across my wall.

A see tiny specks of white light, very tiny almost pixel sized float across the room and disappear.

I did not believe in the paranormal until I moved into this house. If anyone can offer reasonable explanations to these scenarios I ll sleep easier.
Sat in a lab, curing diseases. They actually LET me play with chemicals!
Well, for the door closing, mine does that too sometimes. It's just the air conditioner or heater turning on and pulling the door closed or something like that.

Not too sure about the other stuff though...
If only summer rain would fall, on the houses and the boulevards
And the sidewalk bagatelles, it's like a dream
With the roar of cars and the lulling of the cafe bars,
The sweetly sleeping sweeping of the Seine...
Don't worry, ghosts usually just sit there and try to scare you. They don't do anything.

Quote by KileManA7X
I remember my first erection. I went to my dad and was like "Do I have Aids???". I seriously thought there was something wrong with me.

Quote by madbasslover
Dude that's pretty crazy.

By the way, is a duvet cover the thick blanket on top of everything else?

Well I have 2 of them... I use 2 because I get cold at night and central heating is expensive to run.

Just now I heard someone walking around upstairs. I phoned my housemates and none of them are in. I live in the middle floor of a 3 storey building.

I am actually ****ting bricks.

I saw another shadow behind me when I went to brush my teeth again.
Quote by Guitardude19

I saw another shadow behind me when I went to brush my teeth again.

AGAIN?

Are you scared of dentists too?

Sorry, harsh... maybe have a few drinks to calm yourself down so you won't be so paranoid?
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
AGAIN?

Are you scared of dentists too?

Sorry, harsh... maybe have a few drinks to calm yourself down so you won't be so paranoid?

Way ahead of you there....

One of my housemates is coming back with a bottle of vodka just for me. I need it.
Ever see the Excorcism of Emily Rose? I bet thats the problem, except its a retarded demon, coming an hour early. Let it possess you, and become a comical, retarded, possessed body for a demon. Oh, who knows, Fox might turn it into a sit-com!
Have any of your room mates experienced this? If not, you're just fucked.
It's difficult to win unless you're bored.
Quote by icaneatcatfood
Ever see the Excorcism of Emily Rose? I bet thats the problem, except its a retarded demon, coming an hour early. Let it possess you, and become a comical, retarded, possessed body for a demon. Oh, who knows, Fox might turn it into a sit-com!

Yea I seen it. I found it too far fetched to be true. Like I said I dont believe in this kind of thing but not having an answer is whats scaring me.

Have any of your room mates experienced this? If not, you're just fucked.

No. They havent, well not to the extent I have. One of my mates is a light sleeper and he says he is woken every night to the sound of someone walking in his room. Especially when there is no one in the house.
"Suddenly I felt something jerking at my duvet cover. Something was trying to pull it off of me. When I go to bed, I am sausage rolled in my duvet."

Sounds haunted I guess.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
hmm.. i think i got it..
do you do any drugs at all ?

I dont do drugs.

I do drink but I was sober on all these occasions.

Quote by ctb
"Suddenly I felt something jerking at my duvet cover. Something was trying to pull it off of me. When I go to bed, I am sausage rolled in my duvet."

Sounds haunted I guess.

I see what you did there.
After a second thought, share your love of music with the ghost, if he/she likes your taste, then he/she might even make friends with you. How cool would that be!!!

Or if he/she doesn't, then you are ****ed.

EDIT: I see that you like neoclassic. Hmmm... I wonder...

Anyway. Do you reckon the ghost is reading this thread at the same time?

Quote by KileManA7X
I remember my first erection. I went to my dad and was like "Do I have Aids???". I seriously thought there was something wrong with me.

Quote by JC13
If none of your house mates are experiencing this, it leads me to believe you might be the one with the problem, not the house. Not trying to be a douche but maybe go to a psychiatrist...

I could bring it up at my next session I suppose. I do not suffer from mental health issues, I was tested under the mental health act in September and found to be of sound mind.

Do not ask why because I wont tell you.
if you're so damn scared, go outside and do something else.
Quote by BeefWellington

what's the point in being "philiosophical"?

Interesting question...
Quote by Guitardude19
Yea I seen it. I found it too far fetched to be true. Like I said I dont believe in this kind of thing but not having an answer is whats scaring me.

No. They havent, well not to the extent I have. One of my mates is a light sleeper and he says he is woken every night to the sound of someone walking in his room. Especially when there is no one in the house.

But wouldn't it be awesome if it was a demon? Just buy a sword with some holy enchant and slay it, probably will give good loot.

Serious advice though. Get a camera, or webcam and just record. If you catch something, upload it and put it up on youtube for us to see
But if the demon deactivates the camera, call Sci-Fi channel or Discovery, and get one of the ghost teams to come investigate, possibly make some money.
Quote by Vornik
if you're so damn scared, go outside and do something else.

Because I dont want to leave my room because the house is dark and I dont fancy walking outside into a quite town.

I know Im a pussy.
Quote by Guitardude19

I thought maybe I was suffering from sleep paralysis but I could move all my limbs, well as much as I could. I tried to call out to my housemates but no noise escaped my mouth. I was frozen with fear. The tugging stopped after a few seconds and then I was dozing off again. I woke up in fear when I felt something pulling the duvet off me slowly. This time I screamed and my housemates came running in asking me what was wrong. Needless to say they think I have lost it.

That sort of thing happens to me once in a while, especially when I'm really tired and go to bed very late (or early in the morning). For some reason (stress, exhaustion, etc) you don't fall asleep completely, and the result is pretty much as you described, sense of terror, can't speak or scream, you have halucinations, you think someone else is in the room, etc. Very unpleasant sensation, but there's nothing paranormal about it.

Also, wooden floors creak on their own because the wood dilates or changes shape slightly due to variations in humidity or for some other reason.

And the other sensations that you described are just in your head, there are no ghosts flying around.
Dear God, do you actually answer prayers?

Yes, but only in a way indistinguishable from random luck or the result of your own efforts.
i have come to the conclusion that the entity in your house is santa claus. he wants to touch your penis. only possible explanation.
Quote by icaneatcatfood
But wouldn't it be awesome if it was a demon? Just buy a sword with some holy enchant and slay it, probably will give good loot.

Serious advice though. Get a camera, or webcam and just record. If you catch something, upload it and put it up on youtube for us to see
But if the demon deactivates the camera, call Sci-Fi channel or Discovery, and get one of the ghost teams to come investigate, possibly make some money.

See, I dont think its a ghost or a spirit. There has to be another explanation for it. I ll set up my video camera but I know I wont catch anything.

Logical me: No such thing as ghosts there is another explanation.

Illogical me: Ghost. Something paranormal.

Quote by Mad Marius
That sort of thing happens to me once in a while, especially when I'm really tired and go to bed very late (or early in the morning). For some reason (stress, exhaustion, etc) you don't fall asleep completely, and the result is pretty much as you described, sense of terror, can't speak or scream, you have halucinations, you think someone else is in the room, etc. Very unpleasant sensation, but there's nothing paranormal about it.

Also, wooden floors creak on their own because the wood dilates or changes shape slightly due to variations in humidity or for some other reason.

And the other sensations that you described are just in your head, there are no ghosts flying around.

Ah thank you. That makes me feel better, at least I have now got a solid explanation for it. Yes I do get to bed late, yes I am under stress. Cheers Mad Marius.

Last edited by Guitardude19 at Dec 10, 2007,
Get "Ghost Hunters" out there. It's a show. Just look for it on t.v. i think it's on, on Wednesdays, but that's in AZ so i don't know.
Isn't it true that lucid dreamers can experience such things? The shadows can be somewhat explainable, because if you're freaked out about something such as ghosts, then doesn't your mind search for things that can be construed as ghostly figures?

the rubbing of the hair is harder to explain though, can't think of anything there, unless you go back to lucid dreaming and you could possibly be in one of your dreams.
Quote by Muzikh
Agnostics. Yes. They picket Atheist churches with signs saying, "SAY MAYBE TO GOD!!"

:P
Scare it outta there with some black metal. . .and get a hoover, luigi style.

But seriously, there isn't anything you can do about it, and as nothing has happened so far, there isnt much it'll do to you, it'll probably pull at your bed sheets, just say **** off to it and hope it gets the message
As long as you haven't had stuff flying around the room you should be fine.
Quote by red_flag
Isn't it true that lucid dreamers can experience such things? The shadows can be somewhat explainable, because if you're freaked out about something such as ghosts, then doesn't your mind search for things that can be construed as ghostly figures?

the rubbing of the hair is harder to explain though, can't think of anything there, unless you go back to lucid dreaming and you could possibly be in one of your dreams.

I just thought of it.

I cover my head with the duvet so the natural conculsion is that the duvet rolls off my head during sleep hence the feeling of someone rubbing my hair.

Easy. Done. Explained.

if **** like that hapenned to me I'd be outta there on the first day. Sausage rolled in blankets I'd be contemplating where I'm moving to.
Quote by Guitardude19
I just thought of it.

I cover my head with the duvet so the natural conculsion is that the duvet rolls off my head during sleep hence the feeling of someone rubbing my hair.

Easy. Done. Explained.

See? And the rest is just you being over imaginative... You see what you want to see!
Well some mornings I wake up and discover that someone or something has moved my cardboard Elvis Presley cutout in the middle of the night.
Quote by norml
Well some mornings I wake up and discover that someone or something has moved my cardboard Elvis Presley cutout in the middle of the night.

IT'S ELVIS! HE REALLY IS ALIVE
Quote by JilaX^
See? And the rest is just you being over imaginative... You see what you want to see!

I can see that now that I have calmed down.
Sounds like you have a Michael Jackson infestation.

Might want to call Orkin about that.
Schecter Loomis
LTD Horizon
Ibanez RGA121
Marshall DSL100
Peavey 5150

Quote by emagdnimasisiht
haha
This is the funniest thing i've ever read on UG.
lespaulrocks39, you sir are awesome.
Quote by Guitardude19
I can see that now that I have calmed down.

Hehe, good to hear man I know shit like that can really get to you.

I've been growing my hair lately, and while I was up on our loft where there is no electricity and dumping some cardboard boxes, as I turn around towards the door, a shadow moves past the door quick as hell. Needlessly to say I almost pissed myself and looked around like a madman for the source of this. After a while I realise that it was just some hair passing in front of my eyes!

In other words: I was scared by my own hair once...

That's right, my own hair.

How dumb is that?
Page 1 of 2