So I'm doing a project about holiday customs, but I don't know where to start. Food, who the main icon person is(like Santa is in US) celebrations, traditions, and other important literature works. Thanks so much guys.
Food - BBQ food like steak, sausages, lamb, ribs, etc,

Main Icon - there really isn't one, not one single person can reprsent the whole country, although steve irwin would've been the closest thing to a purebred aussie

Celebrations - Australia Day is a maddd day celebrating all things australian, ANZAC Day cause the ANZACs in the first world war proved we were a country that could look after ourself, then there's the usual ones that i'm sure every country has...new years, christmas, easter

there's probably a heap more stuff that i haven't said - mind blank

how about you say what you think our food, icons, celebrations, traditions, etc are and we'll tell you if they're right or wrong
Quote by rabidguitarist
manowar.

on the subject:
anyone else notice that the film '300' is like... manowar: the movie?

Quote by morbid_death
Sam, you are my hero.

Metallurgy. Traditional Metal from Brisbane
http://www.myspace.com/metallurgy
Aww crikey! I'm sure the "main icon person" of Australia has simply got to be Steve Irwin the Croc Hunter. R.I.P good man!
infamous australian busranger/outlaw in the 19th centuary. who wore home made plate mail. a hero to some...

Quote by facesofhope
Food - BBQ food like steak, sausages, lamb, ribs, etc,

Main Icon - there really isn't one, not one single person can reprsent the whole country, although steve irwin would've been the closest thing to a purebred aussie

Celebrations - Australia Day is a maddd day celebrating all things australian, ANZAC Day cause the ANZACs in the first world war proved we were a country that could look after ourself, then there's the usual ones that i'm sure every country has...new years, christmas, easter

there's probably a heap more stuff that i haven't said - mind blank

how about you say what you think our food, icons, celebrations, traditions, etc are and we'll tell you if they're right or wrong

I looked on this website and they talked about cheeze logs. This be true?
^ wtf cheese logs? i never ever had one and neither have many people i know....i think that website is full of lies! :P
Quote by RSOB Bass
Thanks Andy, you're fucking awesome.

Quote by XmydyingheartX
^___^

Quote by Andrea55
Banned because I love you!

Happily e-married to RSOB Bass
E-brother to Andrea55
E-Uncle to KitKat555
Quote by badpun
^ wtf cheese logs? i never ever had one and neither have many people i know....i think that website is full of lies! :P

Cheese balls? What all do you eat then? Just BBQ food?
^ yea......well some of us do myself included
Quote by RSOB Bass
Thanks Andy, you're fucking awesome.

Quote by XmydyingheartX
^___^

Quote by Andrea55
Banned because I love you!

Happily e-married to RSOB Bass
E-brother to Andrea55
E-Uncle to KitKat555
But no cheese in log form : (
Well, I have to make some food. Any ideas on what to make? I'm pretty good at cooking, btw.
Quote by ilikeyes
Do Aussies eat kangaroo?

yeah they are they are an all purpose traveling need. first you ride then to your destination, make them get another kangaroo pregnent, and eat the male!
Also, I need to make an ornament that would go on a "holiday" tree. I can't find anything about this =( The internet has let me down.
their christmas is the same as ours, only it's summer when we have winter. I'd think the ornaments would be the same
Quote by steven seagull
There are no boring scales, just boring guitarists.

Quote by convictionless
dude calebrocker, that first song on your list almost made me cry
11/10
you win my good sir

^ My For Mom cover

Check out my MP3s!!
^Thats what I was thinking. So the only difference between their Christmas is that it is 30 degrees celsius.