Looking for a cheap guitar with emg 81/XX p/ups that is less or around $600. I would like it NOT to be an esp because I know all of their guitars, and I wouldn't want it to have a floyd/floating trem.
if you know all their guitars then why are you so opposed to others recomending them?
Quote by pedaler466
Shreadhead22 had nothing helpful to say to me. He just immediatly started being a prick.

Quote by Yngwi3
Shredhead's advice is the best in the thread.

-Mesa Roadster
-Mesa 4x12
-'93 Gibby LP studio
-535q
-CE5/DD-220
-TS9dx
-EB volume
-Shure Wireless
you could find a guitar and put an emg in it

that would be easiest option to get a guitar you are comfortable with

it would be hard to source a guitar with you exact specifications
Spear Gladius II
Squire Standard Stratocaster LTD ED c/w hotrails
Squire Deluxe Strat c/w Hotrails
Dean Baby V
Tanglewood Acoustic
Bugera 333 Head
Laney Cab Vintage 30's
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss RC-2
Boss MT-2 (modified)
Marshall Jackhammer
^ Having to install a new set of pickups into a guitar that you just bought does not translate into easy. There are quite a few good guitars out there with EMGs pre-installed. The agile that I mentioned is just one of the better ones.
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.
Quote by ldnovelo
esp ltd 400 series. like M-400. its 588 at guitar plaza. or ex 400, viper 400, used eclipse 400 or eclipse 500.

http://guitarplaza.com/espltdmelgub.html

lmao. I love this guy.

ESPs aren't for everyone. If he actually has played some good ESPs (which I'm only assuming), and didn't like them, then he has reason not to be recommended them.

But if you haven't really tried them, or have only tried the ones from below the 400 series (such as 250 or 100), then I suggest you give them a chance. IMO they make some of the best guitars around for metal.
Quote by mafropetee
lmao. I love this guy.

ESPs aren't for everyone. If he actually has played some good ESPs (which I'm only assuming), and didn't like them, then he has reason not to be recommended them.

But if you haven't really tried them, or have only tried the ones from below the 400 series (such as 250 or 100), then I suggest you give them a chance. IMO they make some of the best guitars around for metal.

lolz. i didnt even read the first comment. sorry
GRUPO EN ESPAÑOL

SI BUSCAS BANDA EN LATINOAMERICA O ESPAÑA, ENTRA AQUI
I love ESPs, except I am just tired of the body shapes they have you know?
Quote by ldnovelo
lolz. i didnt even read the first comment. sorry

that's intellegent...lets post away before actually reading the TS's thread. some people are far to eager to post on UG
Quote by pedaler466
Shreadhead22 had nothing helpful to say to me. He just immediatly started being a prick.

Quote by Yngwi3

-Mesa Roadster
-Mesa 4x12
-'93 Gibby LP studio
-535q
-CE5/DD-220
-TS9dx
-EB volume
-Shure Wireless
Well what kinds of body shapes are you looking for? ESP has such a wide variety of shapes.

But for your budget, I honestly don't think ESP is the best choice anyway. All of the guitars that have been mentioned so far would be great, just depends on whether you want a trem or not.
Quote by AtreyuVT
I love ESPs, except I am just tired of the body shapes they have you know?

actually i don't, the M series and the EC series are very traditional shapes. it's not they're BC rich or something (but to each his own i guess)
Quote by pedaler466

Quote by Yngwi3

-Mesa Roadster
-Mesa 4x12
-'93 Gibby LP studio
-535q
-CE5/DD-220
-TS9dx
-EB volume
-Shure Wireless
Quote by mafropetee
Well what kinds of body shapes are you looking for? ESP has such a wide variety of shapes.

But for your budget, I honestly don't think ESP is the best choice anyway. All of the guitars that have been mentioned so far would be great, just depends on whether you want a trem or not.

I really do like the agile you recommended, except I am VERY picky about paintjobs and body shapes and that guitar paintjob is just to.... standard. I know people think I am being too picky about stuff, but this is gonna be my last guitar for a few years so I want to make sure I like it.
Yeah, it sucks that they don't come in different finishes.

Well if you like the fact that it doesn't have a trem, then that Epi which ldnovelo posted would be a good choice.
Quote by AtreyuVT
Looking for a cheap guitar with emg 81/XX p/ups that is less or around $600. I would like it NOT to be an esp because I know all of their guitars, and I wouldn't want it to have a floyd/floating trem.

not all their guitars have trems, look at the EC and viper seiries
most ESPs have the 81-60 combo, wich is better than the 81 085 combo
but if not, id recomend some schecters
^ he speaks the truth. In fact, I just checked, and the 400s aren't as expensive as I thought. The Viper 400, which is what I have, and which is an incredible guitar (hasn't lost its initial setup at all since I first bought it in late '05), is right around the $600 mark. I highly suggest that guitar. You WON'T be disappointed.
ehh ill just get that ec 500 in white i think. i can't seem to find something else.
Quote by mafropetee
^ he speaks the truth. In fact, I just checked, and the 400s aren't as expensive as I thought. The Viper 400, which is what I have, and which is an incredible guitar (hasn't lost its initial setup at all since I first bought it in late '05), is right around the $600 mark. I highly suggest that guitar. You WON'T be disappointed.

+50

I have the Viper-1000. AWESOME in every way.
Quote by AtreyuVT
ehh ill just get that ec 500 in white i think. i can't seem to find something else.

I was gonna suggest that but I couldn't find any in your price range. But if you can afford it, that's an even better choice
Just to throw in some other ones. All under $600.
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
Quote by AtreyuVT
Too ugly for me but thansk anyways man.

Yeah, I guess they're an acquired taste. For some reason I bought one impusively when I saw it in person. They're made in the US of A too.

But hey, up to ya.
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
hmmm, for some reason i thought they were made in Canada
|~| Iron Maiden addiction |~|
\m/ \m/

gear in profile
Quote by Sendrith
hmmm, for some reason i thought they were made in Canada
They're made in New Hampshire from Canadian parts.