Hey guys, I'm looking for some dark or aggressive (if that makes sense) Classical music.
Throw some song names at me, Thanks.
Vivaldi's Winter
Bruch's Violin Concerto No.1
Quote by 6079 Smith W
One time I had this chick setting on my lap, sucking on my neck, unbuttoning my pants when one of my friends walked in and ruined the whole thing. To be fair though, she was his girlfriend.

Shoopin' that whoop since before you were born, son.
Beethovens 5th

thats all i got
My You'll be the Baddest Dude in Revere!

My Gear:
-Fender Mexican Stratocaster
-Silvertone Paul Stanley Signature Acoustic
-Fender Princeton 65w
-DOD Death Metal
Mars, by some dude. it's a movement from The Planets
Jesus for president. PM me to join the campaign. or just sig it.

Of course God has a sense of humor. Look at the Platypus...

Member #9 of the Trumpet Players' Alliance, PM E V H 5150 to inquire about joining.
This is relevant to my interests
Quote by soulflyV
Prepare to have every orifice in your body occupied by a dwarf.
I'd think you'd find classical music more appreciable and enjoyable if you were to listen to it without any preconceived notions derived from other styles of music. Pardon me for making assumptions, but I believe that it is ignorant to be looking for "dark" classical music to suit your preference for metal.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
try Maksim. he does really cool electronica-ish renditions of classical music.

as for dark classical, i only know one, Dance of the Baroness by Frano Parac
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
Quote by cashewchaching
Mars, by some dude. it's a movement from The Planets

The adventurous Gustav Holst.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Night on Bald Mountain by Modest Mussorgsky is the single best example I can think of. Select parts from his Pictures at an Exhibition are pretty dark as well.

In the Hall of the Mountain King and Peer Gynt Suite no. 2 by Grieg
The 3rd movement of Moonlight Sonata by Beethoven
Carl Orff's opera Carmina Burana (most famously it's opening opus O Fortuna)

Richard Wagner has some good ones. The most well-known is Ride of the Valkyries, but there are others if you're patient enough to listen through the whole songs to capture the overall mood.
Mozarts 25th is like metal to me.

And Toccata and Fugue in D minor, god oh god is that dark and agressive.

Also mars by gustav holst but thats more ambient than anything.
To answer your query:

Sergei Prokofiev's Symphony No. 5
Nikolai Rimsky-Korsakoff's Overture from Tsar's Bride

In general, many Russian composers tend to have an aggressive style in their music, especially from the late Romantic period and onward.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Last edited by Xiaoxi at Dec 10, 2007,
Quote by jravolta

Bruch's Violin Concerto No.1

I'm learning that one right now. Personally, I find it to be extremely underdeveloped. It is not one of the better concertos that I know.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Thanks guys, got some good stuff there.
And Xiaoxi, about the pre-conceived notions etc, I just prefer classical music that it darker than average. I've tried listening to a fair bit of other classical. Also not everything has to be metal for me, I've been listening to Smashing Pumpkins for the past 1 1/2 hours.
Quote by 3lusiv3
Thanks guys, got some good stuff there.
And Xiaoxi, about the pre-conceived notions etc, I just prefer classical music that it darker than average. I've tried listening to a fair bit of other classical. Also not everything has to be metal for me, I've been listening to Smashing Pumpkins for the past 1 1/2 hours.

Right. Like I said, I was just making assumptions. My apologies. But enjoy your selections.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
whats that one song that sounds like devil music where it goes like dee dee dee dee do do doo doo de de do do de de do
Quote by Xiaoxi
Right. Like I said, I was just making assumptions. My apologies. But enjoy your selections.

No, thanks you. And humans make assumptions for a reason.
EDIT: I just realized that this post makes no sense.
Elfin Dance by that one weird guy.

edit:

Edvard Greig is that weird guy's name.
Quote by Brain245
Elfin Dance by that one weird guy.

That would be Edvard Grieg, assuming it's the same Elfin Dance from my piano book.

EDIT: Never mind, you got it.