What's the best cheap OD pedal, that could get a Palomino V16 to have a nice punk/pop-punk sound? I'm looking at $50 and under.
I'm not a punk rock hero and you're no fairy princess, just 'cause you're beautiful and I've got a stupid haircut.
bad monkey fo sho'.
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Danelectro Daddy-O is a good pedal on a budget. Whatever you do, don't get the Boss SD-1, it's horrible for punk.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Digitech Bad Monkey. I dont think any overdrive gonna sound good for punk, look at distortion instead
"F*ck off with your sofa units and strine green stripe patterns, I say never be complete, I say stop being perfect, I say let... lets evolve, let the chips fall where they may." -

Tyler Durden
Guayatone has a TubeScreamer copy, but its in plastic housing. Its only about $35, so as long as u dont try to crush it, u should be ok.
Quote by zanz1bar
Digitech Bad Monkey. I dont think any overdrive gonna sound good for punk, look at distortion instead

well if you know how to use it right, an OD will get you a punk sound, especially with a small tube amp.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
I already have a Boss DS-1, and I don't like how it sounds with my Vox DA15, so I assumed it wouldn't sound very good with my new amp either. I'll have to try it when I get my amp. The local store actually has the Bad Monkey, so that's definitely an option. Thanks everyone.
I'm not a punk rock hero and you're no fairy princess, just 'cause you're beautiful and I've got a stupid haircut.
daphon do a surprisingly nice od. its apparantly exactly the same inside as an ds1 and has the same chip that a t9 has in it or something ? anyway its good and it only cost e £10!!