Voters: 57.
Why is the Flextone better?
Jackson DK2M

Mesa Single Rectifier Half Stack

Boss GT-8

Line 6 Uber Metal

Dunlop 535Q Crybaby

Peavey Rage 158
uhhhhh the new spider valves are FRICKEN SICK. screw solid state crap, get the valve!
Gear:
ESP Eclipse 300
Jackson RR3
Bugera 6262 head
Trace Elliot straight cab
Boss NS-2
Boss DD-3
not a huge fan of line 6 amps in general, but definitely the flextone. The spider is a gadget, a fun practice amp for beginners.
Suhr Custom, Flaxwood Rautia or Grosh Tele thru
HBE Medicine Bawl Wah
Analogman BiComp
Texas Two Step OD
Fulltone Ultimate Octave/Fuzz
Boss CE-2
TC Nova Delay
SLO-100, 65 London or Bogner Shiva
Ask me about any of this stuff!
Quote by sensfan99
Why is the Flextone better?

Well, the main purpose of an amp is to sound good. The Flextone sounds better than the the Spider. Thus, the Flextone is the better amp, QED.
Quote by kyrreca
If you buy the 150W Spider III, you will be ridiculed.

*sniffle* you would have no idea *tear*

but that aside, i rly like my 150watt, it is absolutely massive tho and a real pain to move around. ive heard rly good things about the flextones and the new valve thingy amps they have

and i bet they come in smaller better packages too

its a bad sign when you pull several muscles moving an amp :\
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
Quote by bite_the_bullet
uhhhhh the new spider valves are FRICKEN SICK. screw solid state crap, get the valve!

I actually agree now. Idk what was wrong with the first one I tried, but it just plain sounded bad. But I played one today and it sounds amazing. It easily rivaled the Randall, which was the best amp I played through.
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.
well bogner designed the amp, so it's gunna be pretty sick regardless. and as for the first one you tried... i bet it was bad tubes, cuz that **** sucks your tone so hardcore.
Gear:
ESP Eclipse 300
Jackson RR3
Bugera 6262 head
Trace Elliot straight cab
Boss NS-2
Boss DD-3
so is the Flextone worth getting?
Jackson DK2M

Boss GT-8

Line 6 Uber Metal

Dunlop 535Q Crybaby

Peavey Rage 158
Quote by bored_maniac33
*sniffle* you would have no idea *tear*

but that aside, i rly like my 150watt, it is absolutely massive tho and a real pain to move around. ive heard rly good things about the flextones and the new valve thingy amps they have

and i bet they come in smaller better packages too

its a bad sign when you pull several muscles moving an amp :\

Most tube heads weigh nearly as much as the spider 4x12 cabs or at least the spider 2x12 combos.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
i will say the flex because i have seen nothing but problems with the spider III's.

the singer in my band has the spider II HS and it is incredible with a schecter S1 elite. it sounds good if he's using 1 plug or 2. our lead got a spider III and plays with a Schecter gryphon. when we used one side of the hs he would get this cheesy "laser gun" sound when he rode an A. we doubled pluged him and it took that problem away. only to overheat and crap out. he's on his third and praying this one works

if it craps out again, he's getting a different brand and i get $20 bucks for a bet that he'd have it traded in less than 6 months. he's a trade-a-holic
Flextone = EPIC WIN.

III... not so much.
"Levelled up. Still no solos."
[img]http://sc2sig.com/s/eu/1405270-1.png[/img]
Quote by sensfan99
so is the Flextone worth getting?

why do you want line 6? the flextone sounds good, but it is by no means the best there is, especially for the price. what's your price range, what music are you looking to play, are you planning on gigging or jamming with a band or just practicing by yourself, etc etc etc. give that info and we'll try to steer you to something you'd like.
The Flextone is a nice enough amp, but there are surely better amps in the price range.

What's your budget and what style do you play?
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
My budget is about $800. I play mostly metal and classic rock (ie. metallica, guns n roses, pantera, black sabbath, lamb of god, etc.). Right now, I would use it to play by my self, but my friend and I are thinking of making a band and playing at the next coffee house (show) at our school. Any suggestions for amps would be appreciated.
Jackson DK2M

Boss GT-8

Line 6 Uber Metal

Dunlop 535Q Crybaby

Peavey Rage 158
I played both of them at Guitar Center and the Line 6 Spider III 150W was the better one. Thats my opinion.
Quote by GiggityTar
if the 150w spider sux than my 30 watt spider must really be crap...

Amps don't get better with higher wattage, they just get louder. Volume =/= quality.

Your 30W is less bad, because it's a practice amp that knows it's a practice amp. The 150W Spider is a practice amp that tries to disguise itself as a gigging amp.
Quote by bite_the_bullet
well bogner designed the amp, so it's gunna be pretty sick regardless.

And Marshall designed the MG, your point?
Quote by kyrreca
Flextone. If you buy the 150W Spider III, you will be ridiculed.

....you shouldn't buy an amp based on the popular concensus, who cares if other people dont like your amp?

And I've got the Spider3...it's fun at first with all the different effects and everyting, but it's sound quality sucks, I wouldn't go for any Line6 amps after haveing the spider...whatever you get, make sure it's a tube amp!

although, the biult in tuner, is very usefull...best part of the amp, still doesn't make up for the sound.
Quote by gibsonpenguin
And Marshall designed the MG, your point?

Actually that was a company called park amplifiers or something like that, which marshall bought and rebranded their line of practice amps. But that's an other story.
I was looking at getting a Line 6 Spider III (the 30W) but after trying a few different amps I came to realize what everyone meant by "digital" sounding. The spider wasn't too bad, but the tone just wasn't right...I can't even really describe the tone besides the word "digital". The 4 channel selection is kinda cool, though the 2 different channels for metal/insane is kinda of useless and the "crunch" channel wasn't too good...the overdrive on all the other amps I tested out were better than the Spider's crunch channel. Basically, if you like it buy it, but there is better stuff out there, especially when you get to 150 watts.

Unfortunately I've never tried out the Flextone, so I can't help you there.
Schecter C-1 Classic
Crate Flexwave 65/112
Art & Lutherie Cedar Sunrise
Quote by sensfan99
My budget is about $800. I play mostly metal and classic rock (ie. metallica, guns n roses, pantera, black sabbath, lamb of god, etc.). Right now, I would use it to play by my self, but my friend and I are thinking of making a band and playing at the next coffee house (show) at our school. Any suggestions for amps would be appreciated.

for 800 bucks you can do much better than a flextone for those tones. go to your local guitar store and try a bunch out. used marshall jcms, used peavey 5150, b-52 at-100, used mesa f-series or a mark iii (iv if you're incredibly, incredibly lucky) are all possibilities, and there are many more. the main thing is that each amp sounds different: the crunch of a marshall jcm is going to be brighter than a peavey 5150, etc. best you can do is try a bunch out that are in or near your price range, figure out what tone you like, and go from there.