Page 1 of 3
Exactly what the title says, name the first death metal song you heard, and your reaction

I heard Cryptopsy's "Graves of the Fathers" and Impaled's "Operating Theatre" (forget what was first, someone burned me a CD) when I was like 11. Loved the Impaled song, thought Cryptopsy guy was just grunting.
Nile ... Sacrifice Unto Sebek
think i was like...12..13..?
I will kill you by Cannibal Corpse. Thought it was ok, stuck by them, and now they're my favorite band.
I was watching Headbanger's Ball a while ago and a Cannibal Corpse video came on. I didn't really like the music that much but the video was cool and so i looked the band up. Then I downloaded Hammer Smashed Face. I never listened to it until I got into extreme metal and then I realized what I had been missing.
WATCH THIS

Quote by GabeT347
does anybody have a sitar?
Quote by highway62
you have to buy them from george harrison. He owns all of them
I'm not sure if it was either Dead and Dripping by Cryptopsy or Hammer Smashed Face by Cannibal Corpse. I was kind of confused while people liked that kind of music back then, but now I like those songs.
burrit0: I was kind of confused while people liked that kind of music back then, but now I like those songs.

That was exactly my reaction to Cryptopsy. I was like why in the **** would you listen to this, but now they're one of my top Death Metal bands.
Probably very young..We use(maybe we still do) to have this radio show that played a lot of extreme metal. And to me it was just noise and the oh so lame "can't hear what they sing".
Quote by 'rockintheblues 14, 2007 2:38 am'
but i really do hate you and hope you and everyone you love is killed in the worst possible ways. i hope i get to spit in your eyes as you let out your final breath
Pounded into Dust-Cannibal Corpse. I heard it in 4th grade. My friend showed it to me on the bus. He said that the vocalist had to get throat surgery after every concert because he would be bleeding. At that age, I believed him.
Suffocation - Seeds of the Suffering was the very first Death Metal song I heard and from that moment on, I was addicted like a crackwh ore. That song still rocks my ass to this day
The Kovenant of Terror, Marshal of the Legion of Metal.

Quote by GID (Shamrock)
Br00tal, Terror Kovenant=metal's king

Vital Remains' Dechristianize; it blew me away because it was death metal and then in the middle it had this awesome melodic riff interlude. I'm not big on death metal, I tend not to like American bands, but I do enjoy euro melo-death bands.
Cause of Death by Obituary when I was like 10. My cousin played them for me and I've been a fan of death metal every since.
Quote by biteme398
Zombie Ritual - Death, over a year ago now.

Damn, you're a vet!
J/K bro, don't get pissy....

...hmm... I think it was "Keep On Rotting In The Free World" by Carcass
I went out and bought Necroticism on accident, but was cool with it
I think that was in late '98, so about 9 years ago...
Hammer Smashed Face, a year ago. That really turned me off death metal for quite a while.
Summoning Redemption - Morbid Angel, unless you count the electric crickets into track, I didn't really get into true metal till about a year after that but I always liked Morbid
Cannibal Corpse's Hammer Smashed Face in Ace Ventura: Pet Detective. I think I was 4 and didn't really start getting into death metal until I was 16. Second death metal song I ever heard was I believe Bolt Thrower's Cenotaph.
Cybershark of the Maximals Beast Wars Club
PM NightmareXT To Join!
Cannibal Corpse - Hammer Smashed Face. It's in Ace Ventura, yo.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
If you count Slayer...Raining Blood. If not, then something by Morbid Angel.
Quote by raise_the_dead
I wouldnt be surprised if the first thing Varg did was sign up for WoW so he could kick some Judeo-Christian ass.

Final Fantasy

Cid Highwind of the Final Fantasy Elite - PM me, Ichikurosaki, Gallagher2006, or Deliriumbassist to join!
My first extreme metal song was I Cum Blood by Cannibal Corpse. I was freaked out and I never listened To Cannbical Corpse again, but I love bands such as Death and Opeth... I even listen a little to Cryptopsy, lol. There's just some death metal bands I can't stand. Death metal bands with too deep growling and where everything is overdriven (to me).
C4C
Please check out some of my original music and leave me a comment @ SoundCloud
(or in my profile!)

Progressive|Thrash|Math|Metal
the first i heard was some deicide song when i was maybe 7 or 8 years old...i was more a fan of black metal at the time though, my brother just showed me the one deicide song, i thought it was alright, and went back to listening to emperor and covenant.
Quote by B4Dkarma
When you look at a guy and immediately go, "wow, what a douchebag"

that is what girls find attractive.
Hah! I was listening to The Offspring and AC/DC back then!
Quote by raise_the_dead
I wouldnt be surprised if the first thing Varg did was sign up for WoW so he could kick some Judeo-Christian ass.

Final Fantasy

Cid Highwind of the Final Fantasy Elite - PM me, Ichikurosaki, Gallagher2006, or Deliriumbassist to join!
Foul Body Autopsy- Necrophagist....****in awesome...i was like..11? haha
Quote by tarlkea
When I say offensive I mean offensive like dressing up as superman in a wheel chair offensive, not penis suit offensive.
Hammer Smashed Face by CC at a friend's place 6 years ago.. I was 10 (didn't like it, because of the growling... and I still don't like growling. screaming ftw.)
Proud member of the UG Hate Crew

Laguna Loire of the Final Fantasy Elites - PM metacarpi, Ichikurosaki, Gallagher2006, or Deliriumbassist to join!
Wow, Hammer Smashed Face is responsible for a lot of intros into death metal...

For me it was Decapitated - The Fury. Awesome track.

I had heard Napalm Death - The Kill before, but thats not death metal and I thought it was rubbish.
'Thine Eyes Bleed':

Quote by CSguitarvocal
More like... Thine Butthole Bleeds... from all the gay sex you have!!! Ahahaha!

Quote by Butt Rayge
Fuck off already, you fucking faggot fuck.

amidoinitrite?

Quote by DeAd-RiP
I don't care for slipknot unless I'm so drunk I don't care about anything.
Possessed - The Exorcist. Still the best death metal song ever, I think, especially compared to the garbage we have today.
La mayyitan ma qadirun yatabaqqa sarmadi
Fa idha yaji' al-shudhdhadh fa-l-maut qad yantahi

Raptoral judgement upon all our sins
This placid island of ignorance
I think it was either the Lord Hypnos youtube video (hilarious), or something by Opeth.
Quote by Terror Kovenant
Suffocation - Seeds of the Suffering was the very first Death Metal song I heard and from that moment on, I was addicted like a crackwh ore. That song still rocks my ass to this day

What a savage song to start off with.

Mine was 'Dead By Dawn' by Deicide, I thought it was an unreal song, and still do.
Quote by Ultraussie
I want to try that while playing the opening riff to "Tempting Time".

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.
Bolt Thrower - The Killchain was the song that made me start listen to death metal but the first dm song I heard was probably Hammer Smashed Face, and I thought it sucked balls.
children of bodom - silent night bodom night

other than melodic,

Nile - cant remember what song, Amongst The Catacombs Of Nephren-Ka
Quote by Karl Sanders
its like a four finger, diminished thingy
I can't remember the songs, but it was probably "Raining Blood" by Slayer. I then bought the album.

I was like. o_O This is where I want to belong lol. Then I bought Burzum's self-titled.
The very first extreme metal I heard was some lo-fi production Bathory from their debut album. The track was Hades. I didn't really get much and was rather confused. Then after sometime there was this music video I saw called "Lack of Comprehension" by Death. It basically blew me away to a new stream of thoughts. I could finally understand the extreme vocal styles and the instruments of the genre. Then I tried out a lot of other bands. Morbid Angels was one and I loved them. I loved Autopsy.

I was so glad it was Death that got me into the genre. I probably would miss a lot of good kickass tunes if it was a band like CC. Even today I can't seem to really enjoy CC. =s
Devotion eludes
And in sadness I lumber
In my own ashes I am standing without a soul...
She wept and whispered: "I know..."
Opeth - Ghost of Perdition.
I hated the vocals at first, and didn't listen to the album for ages, but after I got used to growled vocals I loved it.
NO ONE EVER READS MY POSTS.
Page 1 of 3