hey guys. not sure if this is the right place, but ill give it a shot

k so, ive been playing for roughly 6-7 years, i would like to consider myself somewhat decent as a player. ive been in a band before but it was more of us just jamming and stuff. but now im going to get a little more serious with another band. and i was wondering what types of equipment you guys think is necessary to play small clubs and bars and stuffs. we play a lot of different music ranging from blues based rock to stuff like breaking benjamin. so basically what im saying is what types of pedals do you think are sort of necessary?

thanks. sorry if that makes no sense at all
Quote by Gunpowder
Just remember, you can't spell "Ugly" without "UG"

Quote by tands

nasstyman you are full of win in the same way tobacco companies are full of ****
Honestly, you don't need much. If you have a decent amp, then get a distortion pedal and a chorus pedal. Those are the two I use the most by far.
Suhr Custom, Flaxwood Rautia or Grosh Tele thru
HBE Medicine Bawl Wah
Analogman BiComp
Texas Two Step OD
Fulltone Ultimate Octave/Fuzz
Boss CE-2
TC Nova Delay
SLO-100, 65 London or Bogner Shiva
Ask me about any of this stuff!
well, what gear do you have now?
"Notes are expensive. . .use them wisely"-B.B. King

"It's been very important throughout my career that I've met all the guys I've copied, because at each stage they've said, 'Don't play like me, play like you."-Eric Clapton
I don't think any pedals are completely necessary. But there's definately ones that will be used more than others. If your amp doesn't have a footswitch or you don't like the OD channel, you need a distortion pedal of some sort. And you'd get lots of use out of delay and chorus pedals. If you solo, a wah is also really good to have.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
right now i have a epi flamekat(i hate it by the way) i have this old samick guitar that kind of looks like a fender but i have to idea what it is. its alright. sometimes i use my buddy's gibson les paul if he'll lend it to me lol and i only have a marshall MG30DFX as an amp. and i do have a footswitch for it
Quote by Gunpowder

Quote by tands

nasstyman you are full of win in the same way tobacco companies are full of ****
just make sure you have a decent PA or your singer will be totally drowned out.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
Buy a decent amp before thinking about pedals and stuff.
all the world's indeed a stage and we are merely players
Quote by nasstyman
right now i have a epi flamekat(i hate it by the way) i have this old samick guitar that kind of looks like a fender but i have to idea what it is. its alright. sometimes i use my buddy's gibson les paul if he'll lend it to me lol and i only have a marshall MG30DFX as an amp. and i do have a footswitch for it

First things first, you need a new amp. 30 watts of solid state isn't usually powerful enough to gig with (I know, I tried it once) Plus the amp sounds like ****.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
yeah i know the amp sucks. but i just wanted soemthing to jam around with by myself when i bought it. plus i got it for $100. thought it was a good deal. but like you guys are saying, i know i need a tube amp
Quote by Gunpowder

Quote by tands

Quote by nasstyman
yeah i know the amp sucks. but i just wanted soemthing to jam around with by myself when i bought it. plus i got it for $100. thought it was a good deal. but like you guys are saying, i know i need a tube amp

You don't necessarily need a tube amp...just a better and louder amp in general lol...
Fender American Telecaster (60th Anniversary)
Egnater Rebel 30 Head/Cab
Boss RC-20XL Loop Station
Simply put....effects pedals are simply for.....well.....effect! A good amp is the core.....different pedals will color and/or "add to" whats already going on, but I wouldnt call it a necessity.

I am not recommending this for small clubs and such, but I have a mesa triple recto solo head(very very loud which is why I woudlnt reccomend it just for practice and small club gigging). But here is where Im goin with this. This thing is real versatile in my opinion, and its REALLY good at doin what its know best for....punishing, crunching gain if you want it to. There is no distortion pedal out there that will re-create the gain my amp has all by itself. Some real good pedals may add a little "something extra" and color the amps sound to make it sound more pleasing to some(and less pleasing to others), but overall the "sound" is there and I dont need a pedal. Whether the right pedal makes it sound just a little better or not.....I dont NEED one. See what Im sayin! Same with good cleans. Good cleans that punch and project well are a product of a good amp. Chorus, verb, and delay often go very nicely with clean sounds(and gain sounds when used right), but again they are not needed.

I do have a Robert Keeley modded AD9 delay that I just recently got(and like a lot)...but its not a necessity for good sound either. Adds nice ambience the way I use it, but I did without it for a while.

Point is....get your hands on a nice amp! Take all the money you woulda spent on effects, sell and/or trade your amp, bring a few extra bucks and get into something good. A 30 watt max all tube combo will go a real long way(30 watt all tube will be much louder than you think). An amp with a good clean and good distortion sound will be your backbone. Anything else you buy(effects) will just dress it up a little, but it wont make or break your sound.
To hear what can be done with a pretty bare bones computer home studio, minimal cash and lots of time.....visit http://myspace.com/redlightcrisis I play the guitar on the tracks and take care of recording duties.
OK mate, you need a new amp, that's the main thing, anything after that is just to help tweak your tone.

We need to know what genre's you play and what your budget it is.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
Get a Orange AD30 Twin channel and some sort of treble booster. I love mine:-). Though if you need more edgy rock marshallesque distortion look into the Rocker.