i like the look of burnt picks but will it make them weaker? i was just melting a tiny bit of the edges and when i was playing with it the kinda make cracking noises.... does this mean there getting weaker when i burn them?

yes.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
well is there anything i can do to make them strong again?

my freind rekons put them in freeqqing cold water for a few minutes...
I don't know but when you burn Dunlop picks the fire turns the color of the pick... and it sets leaves on fire out of nowhere and it spreads fast... basically don't burn picks in the woods.
C2B3
Colnel Claypool's Bucket of Bernie Brains

Quote by larry jones
I don't put people's quotes in my sig, but this would go there if I did.
Um... Why don't you get new ones? Picks aren't exactly that pricey...
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by human-blasphamy
I don't know but when you burn Dunlop picks the fire turns the color of the pick... and it sets leaves on fire out of nowhere and it spreads fast... basically don't burn picks in the woods.

lol dunlop picks are flamable? wow
Why on earth would you burn picks?
Suhr Custom, Flaxwood Rautia or Grosh Tele thru
HBE Medicine Bawl Wah
Analogman BiComp
Texas Two Step OD
Fulltone Ultimate Octave/Fuzz
Boss CE-2
TC Nova Delay
SLO-100, 65 London or Bogner Shiva
Ask me about any of this stuff!
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Um... Why don't you get new ones? Picks aren't exactly that pricey...

lol thats not the problem ... i like the look/feel of burnt picks and i was just wondering if they would be weaker eg. snap in half while im playing
Quote by Final !mpact
lol dunlop picks are flamable? wow

ANYTHING can be flamable. Just don't quit and you will find a way.
C2B3

Quote by larry jones
if u burn them too much then yes they will
Quote by Eminored
Hentai. It's a completely different world that will rip your eye-sockets and and skull-screw you with its tentacles.
Quote by Final !mpact
lol thats not the problem ... i like the look/feel of burnt picks and i was just wondering if they would be weaker eg. snap in half while im playing

Are you burning pearloid picks or something? Because the picks I use don't burn all too well. Then again, I don't try to burn them. If you're looking for a pick with relatively the same texture, the Dunlop Tortex picks kind of feel like burnt plastic. They last for ages too.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by human-blasphamy
ANYTHING can be flamable. Just don't quit and you will find a way.

obviously a man whos never tried to burn water
when the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace

Starsceam of the Decepticon Transformers G1 Club
PM irishmatt1992 To Join!
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Are you burning pearloid picks or something? Because the picks I use don't burn all too well. Then again, I don't try to burn them. If you're looking for a pick with relatively the same texture, the Dunlop Tortex picks kind of feel like burnt plastic. They last for ages too.

thanks man il go buy a few next time i have guitar lessons
Quote by jonnyrotten45

pfft scientist found a way to burn salt water....

yep...

um... i believe you can burn water, but it has to be under a whole lot of pressure so it can't turn into steam first.... something like that.... i think i heard that somewhere.....

*tries really hard to remember where he heard it*

*gives up*

*goes to google*
Quote by jonnyrotten45

there is a type of fire that is made worse by water...so.......yea
C2B3

Quote by larry jones
It will make them weaker, but with the price of picks being so low you shouldn't have to worry about it. Just keep a pocket full if your jamming with other people or something.

Edit:^Greek fire??
epic7734
Quote by epic7734
It will make them weaker, but with the price of picks being so low you shouldn't have to worry about it. Just keep a pocket full if your jamming with other people or something.

Edit:^Greek fire??

well the picks im using are 10 dollers for 21 picks so im not worried about it lol
No, not at all. In fact, you're making them stronger, ever heard of tempered steel?

Quote by BeefWellington

what's the point in being "philiosophical"?

Interesting question...
put some thought into it.
your burning it until it changes its forms, how would that not make it weaker. wh ywould you do that anyway? no one can see it anyway unless you really really inspect it.........waste of time.
Member #19 of the "Use Your Fucking Dictionary Club."

Quote by chaoticmayhem
Toads are cool; it's those frog bastards that I don't like.

Whats your philosophy on life?
its so good to be back!
I'm guessing there plastic picks because nylons just melt. But it definatly will make it weaker but how much i don't know.
Quote by The*Music*Man
put some thought into it.
your burning it until it changes its forms, how would that not make it weaker. wh ywould you do that anyway? no one can see it anyway unless you really really inspect it.........waste of time.

i dont care if anyone can see the damn pick. i like it ...
STOP EVERYTHING! while we have been trying to give you answer I just realized. Couldn't you tell if it was better or worse after a while and just come to the answer naturally?
C2B3

Quote by larry jones
Quote by human-blasphamy
STOP EVERYTHING! while we have been trying to give you answer I just realized. Couldn't you tell if it was better or worse after a while and just come to the answer naturally?

i have come to the answer but people kept posting stuff like "omgz why wuld u do taht? it l00ks teh gay"
Quote by Magero
I burnt a pick once....it burst into flames about 20 cms high and nearly took out my eye.....

lol thats awsome... except the bit about almost taking out ur eye
Quote by jonnyrotten45

it's possible to burn water. you just need to put oil on top. or get a bunsen burner and get it really really really hot.
Quote by ortrigger
it's possible to burn water. you just need to put oil on top. or get a bunsen burner and get it really really really hot.

oil and water dont mix so only the oil will burn and the water will just evaporate =D
Quote by Vornik
No, not at all. In fact, you're making them stronger, ever heard of tempered steel?

I don't think it works that way. Tempering steel or glass causes changes in the properties by modifying the structure while maintaining basically the same materials. But by burning plastic you are reducing the polymer chains into simpler hydrocarbons or even just carbon (which would probably flake right off). I would think if you were carefull you could singe the pick just a tiny bit so that it still works but has a burned look.

Personally I like my picks rare, but my bacon well done. (Mmmmm BAcONe!)
Quote by BearWithAGun
I've only known one man to use such a gun, and I believe I've killed him two times
Quote by Magero
It was pretty hilarious.

well i just set fire to one of those cellouid picks (cant spell lol) and i burnt my hair a little =|