Hey guys i got a Peavey classic with celestions vintage speaker in it a few days ago and man it sounds sweet! the stuff i have been using before were solidstate amps and multi fx, anywho one thing that worries me is the stand by switch is it a much of an issue? Also i need some tips on a tube amp since this is my first time.

Thx guys
What worries you about the standby switch?
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
i have one and i just make sure i turn the volume on my guitar all the way down when i turn the amp on. i then wait 30 seconds to a minute before turning the guitar up. its kinda like it being in standby, but not exactly. it just lets the tubes warm up a bit.
ive got a vintage fender tube amp with no standbt, and i just let it heat up for a little while with the volume knob turned all the way down, and then turn it up. also, if youve never used a tube amp before, try out the magic of your volume knob on your guitar
Quote by Soma3009
I came up with this kick ass riff on my ukelele when I was 12. Find out two years later, it was smoke on the water. Got my hopes and dreams killed..

Quote by saintjimmy99
you used the right form of "their!" i commend you sir!

Quote by jof1029
i have one and i just make sure i turn the volume on my guitar all the way down when i turn the amp on. i then wait 30 seconds to a minute before turning the guitar up. its kinda like it being in standby, but not exactly. it just lets the tubes warm up a bit.

+1

I wish it had a standby, too, but you've got to make do.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
I thought the 30 had standby? the 50 does anyway.

But as everyone else has said, turn your guitar volume all the way down, wait a minute or two before starting to play, this acts as a kind of standby.