Hey everyone, I have a Squier Affinity Strat that I currently run through a Randall RX50D, but will soon be running it through a Mesa Mark IV (yay ). Anywho, I was wondering what pickups would give me a good bluesy tone, as well as a hardrock tone. I'd like to be able to get Hendrix, Led Zep, ACDC, Freddie King etc. sounds. All replies are appreciated, thanks in advance
...........upgrade your guitar first dude......... then get a mark IV, well sell your randall, then get a new guitar and new amp. squiers will bring down your mesas sound
Quote by digger35
Thanks, but I was thinking of staying away from stacked humbuckers, but I might consider it for the bridge. Thanks

Why is that? They still have a single coilish tone, i mean, they lose a little bit of character, but you can still tell theyre single coils
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Quote by convictionless
...........upgrade your guitar first dude......... then get a mark IV, well sell your randall, then get a new guitar and new amp. squiers will bring down your mesas sound

No, thats the worst idea ive ever heard. Squiers are fine, except their electronics suck. Some squiers are JUST AS GOOD or better as most mexistrats.
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Quote by kool98769
Why is that? They still have a single coilish tone, i mean, they lose a little bit of character, but you can still tell theyre single coils

I disagree. Cool rails are meant to sound like humbuckers. And still, Fender Vintage noisless are supposed to sound like singles, and IMO they sound nothing like it.

I'd recommend some rockmonkeyguitar.com Pickups. I got a set, custom, and it was exactly what I wanted. Just make sure you replace your pots and switches too, for best overall sound.
FOR AWESOME HANDWOUND PICKUPS, CONTACT CorduroyEW
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123
Good for you. Have a cookie.

But really... there's no cookie. And if there was, you wouldn't get one.
i dont get it. when someone has a **** amp but ok guitar, UGers say get a new amp before anything else. **** guitar and and **** amp and gettin ready to get a good amp, they say get new guitar first instead of amp....yet amp is supposed to be a major factor (more so than guitar) in ur tone. so which is it? make up ur minds please.
i believe it is more on the amp's part than the guitar
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
*fellow LEO feel free to give a shout out
Quote by slash_rocks2005
i dont get it. when someone has a **** amp but ok guitar, UGers say get a new amp before anything else. **** guitar and and **** amp and gettin ready to get a good amp, they say get new guitar first instead of amp....yet amp is supposed to be a major factor (more so than guitar) in ur tone. so which is it? make up ur minds please.
i believe it is more on the amp's part than the guitar

Go for the amp. That guy doesn't know what he's talking about, and he hasn't played that guys particular squier, so he doesn't know how good the Neck or Alder body is. He's making a general statement about a brand, because he feels too good to spend only $150 on a guitar.
FOR AWESOME HANDWOUND PICKUPS, CONTACT CorduroyEW
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123
Good for you. Have a cookie.

But really... there's no cookie. And if there was, you wouldn't get one.
Okay, here's the thing. I'm looking for pickups to upgrade my guitar with in the future i.e. after I get my Mark IV. I'm getting an RGR1570 for xmas, and then I'm getting a Mark IV, purely because I want a new guitar with 24 frets and a locking trem and I'm satisfied with my amp for the time being. Glad I could clear that up.