Im getting a couple pedals tommorow (ds-1 and blues driver) and i need to buy some cables. right now all i have is the basic one that came with my squire guitar that goes from the guitar to the amp. Is there a special cord i need specifically for pedals or can i just buy any cord i see up at guitar center?

What brand would you guys recommend?
You can use an 1/4'' amp cord.
Most commonly people will have something like:

AMP-------Xfeet-------pedal-1 foot-pedal-1foot-pedal---------xfeet----Guitar

Any brand, just remember, it will only sound as good as your worst cord.
Like the guy above me said, you can use any 1/4" amp cable. Most people get shorter cables to go in between their pedals.

I've never had a Peavey cable die on me. Stay away from Fender brand cables, they don't seem to have a very long life.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke