Is there are music playback program (itunes etc) that, when a new song comes on, something pops up in a corner to tell you the track name? I pretty much only listen to albums all the way through and not individual songs, so I never know the names of half the songs on some of my CDs (which is a bitch because I look like a fool when I want to discuss them with people ><. I thought an audio player like this could be a nice solution...
They make me do push-ups in drag :[.
i think theres a plugin for windows media player like that

& nice mcr reference in your sig
Quote by hightension01

Tell her
"I could be playing this *inserts Job For a Cowboys Doom Cd*
but i'd rather play this *inserts *David Crowder followed by Brewster*"

haha yeah that should work

Quote by Aqua Dementia
richrawr FTW!
yeah there is a plugin for windows that downloads the song names. If not, you go onto library and go onto "FIND NAMES" or something. GL
The new version of Winamp does exactly what you want. If you do indeed want to try it, head to www.winamp.com and download the installer. Choose the newest skin ("Big Bento"). A little message pops up in the bottom left corner of the screen telling you info about the track being played, and disappears a few seconds into the song.
Rig

Jackson DK2M -> ISP Decimator -> Peavey 6505 Combo
yeah you can do it on windows media player. right click on the bar on the bottom of your screen and go to "toolbars" and check windows media player. then whenever you minimise your media player, the title of the track will pop up whenever it changes
Quote by x_themetalfan_x
The new version of Winamp does exactly what you want. If you do indeed want to try it, head to www.winamp.com and download the installer. Choose the newest skin ("Big Bento"). A little message pops up in the bottom left corner of the screen telling you info about the track being played, and disappears a few seconds into the song.

That's exactly what I'm after, cheers!

Quote by richrawr
& nice mcr reference in your sig

I aim to please .
Or you can look on the CD case... Perhaps not being so reliant on the computer and more on common sense would help as well.

I think you just download crap off of limewire and need the right tag information for it.
◑ ◔
╔═╗
▓▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
╚═╝
Always outnumbered, never outgunned...
Quote by i have to pee
Or you can look on the CD case... Perhaps not being so reliant on the computer and more on common sense would help as well.

I think you just download crap off of limewire and need the right tag information for it.

Good idea, I should walk over to my CD rack, which is in another room, everytime I want to check the name of a single track that I'm playing in iTunes.