Is the amplifier loud enough for smaller gigs, bars, and clubs?

I am looking to buy my first amplifier for rehearsals and for first gigs and I have ended up with this option against Fender FM212R (which is 100 w - surely loud enough).

Our drummer can sometimes be quite loud during band rehearsals (so that it would be good to use ear plugs) - Is this without doubt loud enough for some heavy drumming to cut through.

If you turn up the volume up closer to 10 will it start screaming, does the sound go **** and giving way too much feedback?
Or does it hold up even with higher volumes?

We play rock, not really heavy stuff...

If I should compare our music, it would be something like the more melodic red hot chili peppers stuff...classic rock, or just rock...
I have a Vox AD30VT and it holds up fine for small gigs and can even fill a small hall and still cut through the other instruments (I'm using a Dimarzio Paf Pro humbucker though which really cuts through other instruments anyway) and on 10, it doesn't screech and it holds up well.

I'd say get the Vox because it has a better sound than most Fender amps and it's readily programmable or has custom distortion settings which you can tweak a bit
It would be, but for Chilis, classic rock and hard rock, there might be something better out there for you. The Palomino V32 ($100 more than the AD50VT) would be really good for that kind of thing and would be loud enough for the gigs you'll be playing and then the bigger ones, so it's definitely worth looking into that.
Quote by XianXiuHong
I have a Vox AD30VT and it holds up fine for small gigs and can even fill a small hall and still cut through the other instruments (I'm using a Dimarzio Paf Pro humbucker though which really cuts through other instruments anyway) and on 10, it doesn't screech and it holds up well.

I'd say get the Vox because it has a better sound than most Fender amps and it's readily programmable or has custom distortion settings which you can tweak a bit

What kind of music do you play?
The Frontman is meh - the quieter ones are worth a look maybe, but 100 watts of "meh" isn't really what you want.

How much do you have to spend? The Vox is a better amp but there still might be something that's even better for you.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
The Frontman is meh - the quieter ones are worth a look maybe, but 100 watts of "meh" isn't really what you want.

How much do you have to spend? The Vox is a better amp but there still might be something that's even better for you.

I can spend about the amount of money that the VOX costs.
NO Frontman, its a fuzz clipping machine. The Vox will start to clip if cranked. You would be better off with a tube combo for gigging volume.
well if your ganna go vox then go for the ad60vtx series more amp models, more effects, more memmory and its sounds ten times bettor i dont know why it just does
i guess you could say that the advt series are like their spiderscounterparts and the advtx series are like flextones
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by the-kid66
well if your ganna go vox then go for the ad60vtx series more amp models, more effects, more memmory and its sounds ten times bettor i dont know why it just does
i guess you could say that the advt series are like their spiderscounterparts and the advtx series are like flextones

trouble is at the price of the vtx range you might as well save up a little more and get an AC30. they are only about £100 more.
Rig Winter 2017:

Fender Jazzmaster/Yamaha SG1000
Boss TU-3, DS-2, CS-3, EHX small stone, Danelectro delay
Laney VC30-112 with G12H30 speaker, or Session Rockette 30 for smaller gigs
Elixir Nanoweb 11-49 strings, Dunlop Jazz III XL picks
Shure SM57 mic in front of the amp
I use VT50 at our rehearsals ands it works mighty fine for me! We play alternative/indie stuff and we have 2 guitars (the other amp is a fender ss 85watter) and drums. I usually use the wattge control a bit over the halfway up and with volume usually nearly cranked and that works more than fine considering the level.
The tone and touch don't go too out of control at high volumes I feel kinda opposite and that's why I use a pedal to boost solos and that works fine for me.
Unfortunately I have no gigging experience with the amp but it does everything I could ever ask at the rehearsals...
Quote by jss1
I can spend about the amount of money that the VOX costs.

Sorry for the late reply...

I mainly play metal songs and some old 80s rock (Racer X's stuff)

It can get pretty loud with all the distortion everyone uses but the Vox pretty much cuts through every other instrument (or should I say my Paf Pro humbucker XD)

But yeah, the Vox is a good selection to use, it's suited to nearly all genres.