I can get a KV2 used (but condition: new, ie absolutely nothing wrong with it/ pristine condition)for $1500. (sick color too, black with white bevels)

A new S2170SE is $1300.

So were looking at the same price range in my particular case.

Genres: Metal, Classic rock, melodic, neoclassical.

Pros and cons to each?

I know what I think of each of them, but I want to know what you think.

If you can suggest something better in the 1500 range, please do.

Thanks
At this price I highly doubt there would be any problems that would be beyond personal taste... I'd personally go for the Ibanez, more versatility with the HSH layout, good trem and fast neck.
Call me Callum

Current gear - 06 MIM Strat, '02 Epiphone Les Paul, Peavey Rockingham, Tanglewood TF8, BLACKSTAR★ HT-5 Combo, EHX Holy Grail, Boss DS-1, Arion SFL-1

Newcastle (and Port Vale)
Quote by roythereaper
At this price I highly doubt there would be any problems that would be beyond personal taste... I'd personally go for the Ibanez, more versatility with the HSH layout, good trem and fast neck.

And there is the deal... taste What you like he may not and vice versa. That said you're 100% right with at that price range, its all about what you like. Quality is going to be equal, so try 'em and see what you want. Since the Jackson is used, you don't have to worry about it having any retarded issues from the factory, though do be sure to go over it like any new guitar..