Okay so, I've been debating for a long time on the next guitar that I want to buy, and I'm convinced tha I've narrowed it down to two.

Should I buy a Gibson Xplorer = 1100$
http://images.guitarcenter.com/products/optionRegular/Gibson/273905jpg.jpg

or

A Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR = 799$
http://images.guitarcenter.com/products/full/Schecter/633154428149686964.jpg

I've heard great stuff about both of them and I've played each. I enjoyed the C-1's floyd rose tremolo even though I didn't know how to use it well and the fact that it had EMG's, and I love the body style and tone of the Xplorer.

I cant make up my mind!!!
HELP ME!
I'd go with the Gibson, as I'm not really a trem player. It depends on if you are or not though.
ESP LTD M-400
Marshall JCM 800 2205 Halfstack
Dunlop Crybaby
Keeley BOSS SD-1
MXR 10 band EQ
iSP Decimator
yeah.. depends if u want to use tremolo... i personally would go for gibson
Quote by Moggan13
Serjem is like a Bishops testicals: Swollen
ಠ_ಠ
IIIIfb * KARKOLI * ytIIII(mostly rock... a little funky, a little hard just the way you want it )
depends if you want the floyd rose and EMG's or not really.What styles do you play?
well the gibson looks pretty nice, but the Schecter C-1 Hellraiser looks like a badass ton of fun. personally i'd go with the schecter.
"yeah, well, you know...

that's just like... your opinion man."

-The Dude, His Dudeness
As with anything - it's largely a matter of preference.

From my perspective, I bought a Jackson Kelly Standard (replete with Floyd Rose tremolo system) at a young age and have to admit that I regret it! Beautiful guitar though it is, unless you are a budding Jimi Hendrix, I would avoid Floyd Rose systems like the plague! Nice and novel to begin with, irritating after a bit.

If you can stretch to the extra cost, gotta be the Explorer!!
i could say something corny like... listen to your heart.... but im gonna say listen to your wallet. lol jk but yeah i'm no budding hendrix as that guy say but i'd still love to get accquanted with a floyd rose, and eventually become good friends with it (now that was corny haha). but yeah like other people said: what do you play/prefer.
"yeah, well, you know...

that's just like... your opinion man."

-The Dude, His Dudeness
I'm really into metal and some metalcore even; Killswitch Engage, Metallica, Iron Maiden, Trivium, As I Lay Dying, Dethklok (Brendon Small lol), Avenged Sevenfold just to name a few. Thats the kind of music i've been playing most. The Xplorer can get the job done for that kind of music as well right?
Middleground?

How about an ESP EX-400? Explorer shape with more metal oriented pickups and such, and none of the hassle that comes with the Floyd.
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.
Quote by Cerrus100
I'm really into metal and some metalcore even; Killswitch Engage, Metallica, Iron Maiden, Trivium, As I Lay Dying, Dethklok (Brendon Small lol), Avenged Sevenfold just to name a few. Thats the kind of music i've been playing most. The Xplorer can get the job done for that kind of music as well right?

Doesn't Skwisgaar play an Explorer?
Quote by doctor woot
Doesn't Skwisgaar play an Explorer?

Yes, but it has EMGs in it.

EDIT: Oh, and the real question would be doesnt Brendon Small play an Explorer.
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.
Quote by mafropetee
Yes, but it has EMGs in it.

EDIT: Oh, and the real question would be doesnt Brendon Small play an Explorer.

Yeah, but Skwisgarr is the little cartoon guy that keeps me entertained, so.... poop :P

I still think if it's a close call for you then you should try playing them both somehow and see what suits you best.