Okay so here's the deal i have had pretty bad OCD for 2 and a bit years now it is irratatiing me and the thing is that my father has offered me that if i can over come my OCD he would buy me a new guitar and a cool one.

So basically i want a new guitar because i am bored off my Encore.

SO basically can you give me tips to fight it off because i am being in school now ( i am in Alevels)

SO yeah when i say 'overcome' i mean that i know its impossible to beat. But what i mean is that me being in charge of my body not OCD.

Thanks Guys Rock On,

SOrry if this exsist i couldn't find it out because of the search bar being diasbled thanks.
You never said what what your OCD consists of.

Trust me, masturbation is not OCD.
OKay this sounds stupid but my OCD says i would go bold during my 20's I DONT WANT THAT TO HAPPEN BECAUSE IT WONT GO WITH MY GUITAR lol.

i already have a thearapist.
I have OCD too sept its not with cleaning or stuff like that...Its like I end up counting things out (like my steps or how many times I take drink) when I dont even mean to

also have a bit of having to make things so perfect WHICH actually helps sometimes when it comes to guitar...sept other times it frustrates me because most of the time it doesnt sound perfect at all to me. Just makes me practice more though
YELLOWFRIZBEE s FreezerBurn

Stepco's Master
|Colowomble 2016|PSN=yellowfrizbee| + UG Community Radio|
Quote by yellowfrizbee
I have OCD too sept its not with cleaning or stuff like that...Its like I end up counting things out (like my steps or how many times I take drink) when I dont even mean to

also have a bit of having to make things so perfect WHICH actually helps sometimes when it comes to guitar...sept other times it frustrates me because most of the time it doesnt sound perfect at all to me. Just makes me practice more though

Same.
Quote by ibikinz
OKay this sounds stupid but my OCD says i would go bold during my 20's I DONT WANT THAT TO HAPPEN BECAUSE IT WONT GO WITH MY GUITAR lol.

i already have a thearapist.

Get used to wearing a hat.
i used to have OCD pretty badly when i was younger, but now it's just a few things which i can usually control. i HAVE to wash my hands if i touch something "dirty" or if someone else touches something then touches me or whatever, and i have to have some things a certain way otherwise i'm convinced something bad will happen, and i count odd things too, but it's not so bad as to be debilitating.

it's something that will either get better as you get older (lots of teenagers suffer from it then "recover" as they mature) or something that won't. you can't just make it go away; doesn't your dad realise that?

i think it's a little bit sick to try and bribe your child to get better from something they have no control over.
MEMBER OF THE LAUGAM BRITISH HIT SQUAD! HONORARY MEMBER OF THE SWEDISH LAUGAM HIT SQUAD!
I'M JUST SEE THROUGH FADED, SUPER JADED, AND OUT OF MY MIND
<//////>~ dA
Esther is officially awesome and smart - Frenchy
Quote by esther_mouse
i used to have OCD pretty badly when i was younger, but now it's just a few things which i can usually control. i HAVE to wash my hands if i touch something "dirty" or if someone else touches something then touches me or whatever, and i have to have some things a certain way otherwise i'm convinced something bad will happen, and i count odd things too, but it's not so bad as to be debilitating.

it's something that will either get better as you get older (lots of teenagers suffer from it then "recover" as they mature) or something that won't. you can't just make it go away; doesn't your dad realise that?

i think it's a little bit sick to try and bribe your child to get better from something they have no control over.

I know lol but i NEED a new guitar lol. + He's a nice dude.
Last edited by ibikinz at Dec 11, 2007,
I have OCD as well, like if I touch something with one of my fingers, then I have to touch it with all of them ect.
But specify what kind of OCD you have and I wil help.

-TheOneAndOnlyIsaac

I-I

I----------------I

TheOneAndOnlyIsaac

Quote by esther_mouse

I have most of those ..I kinda have a feeling ill outgrow it though lol because when I was younger I used to have ALOT more and worse ones.

try seeing a psychiatrist, it might help but other then that im pretty sure just slowly practicing with patience to control it is the only way

EDIT: wow I feel like I just have EVERY OCD there is lmao I also have something similar to TOAOIsaac's.... waaah

Stepco's Master
Quote by TOAOIsaac
I have OCD as well, like if I touch something with one of my fingers, then I have to touch it with all of them ect.
But specify what kind of OCD you have and I wil help.

-TheOneAndOnlyIsaac

Just Random things really say stuff, cross words out then re rright/type then again, and pick random things of floor, wash hands etc.......the usual...........
Quote by ibikinz
Just Random things really say stuff, cross words out then re rright/type then again, and pick random things of floor, wash hands etc.......the usual...........

Did you re-write that sentence?
Soon you will sit on the bench
of those who deny I have my soul
You sell a dream you create
Condemned by what you condemned before
Smooth are the words you sing down and high
Underground is your joy your laws
Quote by yellowfrizbee
I have most of those ..I kinda have a feeling ill outgrow it though lol because when I was younger I used to have ALOT more and worse ones.

try seeing a psychiatrist, it might help but other then that im pretty sure just slowly practicing with patience to control it is the only way

EDIT: wow I feel like I just have EVERY OCD there is lmao I also have something similar to TOAOIsaac's.... waaah

i have a threapist dude.
Quote by ibikinz
I know lol but i NEED a new guitar lol. + He's a nice dude.

i don't really know what to suggest i just try and think of something else when i get weird urges. sometimes it works, often it doesn't. i don't really know how to help, sorry :\
MEMBER OF THE LAUGAM BRITISH HIT SQUAD! HONORARY MEMBER OF THE SWEDISH LAUGAM HIT SQUAD!
I'M JUST SEE THROUGH FADED, SUPER JADED, AND OUT OF MY MIND
<//////>~ dA
Esther is officially awesome and smart - Frenchy
Quote by MedicreDemon
Did you re-write that sentence?

Yes up to 4 times or untl it feels right genrally ill have to cross till lines run out.
oh thats good..hmm not sure there is much else you can do with OCD. Im assuming hes prescribed you medicine already sorry I cant be much help to you

Stepco's Master
Quote by esther_mouse
i don't really know what to suggest i just try and think of something else when i get weird urges. sometimes it works, often it doesn't. i don't really know how to help, sorry :\

i do the same.

No probs dude.
Some things aren't hard overcome. Just have yourself I little routine to avoid this and that.
Well, I'm pretty sure there are certain types of medication you can get for that. But y'know, just keep your mind off it. If you're out with your friends a lot, get them to tell you when you're doing your OCD things. Notice them and see why you do them, and try to eliminate that reason.
Quote by killadelphia222
Try to do the opposite of what your OCD tells you.

do you know how hard that is?

i do try though!
Quote by koikomoru
You never said what what your OCD consists of.

Trust me, masturbation is not OCD.

I lol'd. Are you sure its not OCD?

Apparantly i do stuff without me noticing, but i coudlnt tell you what they are cause i dont know myself lol
Quote by ibikinz
But what i wanna know is that if OCD is real or not?

OCD is an anxiety disorder, has to do with the brain and Serotonin. I might not understand your question as to what you mean by is it real

Stepco's Master
i need to have letters and pepperpots etc all parrallel on a table. otherwise it annoys me and i can consentrate til i change it.

im sure ill grow out of it
Quote by yellowfrizbee
OCD is an anxiety disorder, has to do with the brain and Serotonin. I might not understand your question as to what you mean by is it real

What i mean is that for example if my brain says if i don't touch the computer three times my guitar will snap into two pieces then the reaction would kill me and i didn't touch the computer three times would my guitar break?

Thanks pleaes i need the reply back.
I don't think it's possible to 100% "overcome" OCD. I have it terribly myself, and have been diagnosed and he prescribed Zoloft because it's been proven to help OCD as well. It helps, but it's still there. Especially when I get stressed.
Quote by Mudvayne_4_Life
I don't think it's possible to 100% "overcome" OCD. I have it terribly myself, and have been diagnosed and he prescribed Zoloft because it's been proven to help OCD as well. It helps, but it's still there. Especially when I get stressed.

Yup its not 100% too overcome OCD, but like atleast i could be in controller cos atm i am not in controller of my OCD.
Over the last week or two I've been redeveloping my old case of OCD. And it's driving me nuts..

If I write a word, and one letter is spaced out more than the others, I absolutely have to rewrite the word or the entire day I won't be able to stop thinking about it.
Quote by ibikinz
What i mean is that for example if my brain says if i don't touch the computer three times my guitar will snap into two pieces then the reaction would kill me and i didn't touch the computer three times would my guitar break?

Thanks pleaes i need the reply back.

oh I see! no, your brain is making it up but you feel the impulse that you just have to do it in order to relieve what your brain has just made up for you. Chances are you understand that this is unreasonable but no matter what, you are probably still going to do it. That is just part of the disorder If any of that made sense to you. I apologize, Ive never been the best at explaining what I want to say

Stepco's Master
Quote by yellowfrizbee
oh I see! no, your brain is making it up but you feel the impulse that you just have to do it in order to relieve what your brain has just made up for you. Chances are you understand that this is unreasonable but no matter what, you are probably still going to do it. That is just part of the disorder If any of that made sense to you. I apologize, Ive never been the best at explaining what I want to say

THANKS DUDE I FEEEL SOOO MUCH BETTER ....AND JUSTICE TO YOU!
Quote by ibikinz
THANKS DUDE I FEEEL SOOO MUCH BETTER ....AND JUSTICE TO YOU!

Np Im happy to help!

Stepco's Master