Page 1 of 2
arcade fire, animal collective, of montreal, the shins, air, broken social scene, lcd soundsystem, mia, pavement, modest mouse, pixies and pulp would all make great christmas albums!

i am going to make a different thread with a poll..
so give me some suggestionz/bands that i am missing, and i am sure i am missing a ton of good ones..

edit: forgot cat power and damien rice
Quote by Guns N' r0ses
I think its 18 in california but I'm just wonderin cuz if i get caught then I can be like "well legally im allowed to watch it" and they'll be like "k koo"
Last edited by bah humbug at Dec 11, 2007,
No one, thing like these are absolutely lame.
Quote by steven seagull
I hate to say it, but chances are the only thing good about that amp is the fact that the name looks a lot like the word "laser"...

Check out my band!
arcade fire have a vaguely christmas themed demo tape out there...
i hear it isn't very good though.

there should just be some compilation album with a bullshit title like "A Very Indie Christmas."

hmm...maybe we could come up with an imaginary tracklisting for that?

for some reason i could see LCD Soundsystem reworking "Little Drummer Boy" into something amazing.
If Apples In Stereo did a Christmas album, it would be quite gleeful.
There's only one girl in the world for you
and she probably lives in Tahiti.
neutral milk hotel-joy to the world
air-santa clause is comin' to town
animal collective-silent night
broken social scene-let it snow
Quote by Guns N' r0ses
I think its 18 in california but I'm just wonderin cuz if i get caught then I can be like "well legally im allowed to watch it" and they'll be like "k koo"
Gang Of Four, so they could sing about what a load of commercial bullshit Christmas has become.

Seriously, though. I'd love a Christmas album from either Elliott Smith or Oasis, even though they aren't capable of writing any/any good material nowadays.
I wouldn't want to hear any one of these bands singing Christmas songs. Maybe a concept album telling the Christmas story.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
xiu xiu - santa claus is coming to town
Member of the We Have Better Taste Than You club
PM DorkusMalorkus with a list of your favorite bands to join

last.fm
Quote by trackmind
Gang Of Four, so they could sing about what a load of commercial bullshit Christmas has become.

Yes!

Quote by Fugazirancid
xiu xiu - santa claus is coming to town

if it's anything like the don't cha cover then no..
Quote by Guns N' r0ses
i was jk.

really -- sonic youth or dinosaur jr. would be awesome. the national would be good too.
Member of the We Have Better Taste Than You club
PM DorkusMalorkus with a list of your favorite bands to join

last.fm
no one, christmas albums suck
Oh, I'll break them down, no mercy shown,
Heaven knows, it's got to be this time,
Watching her, these things she said,
The times she cried,
Too frail to wake this time.
Quote by shamu1001
no one, christmas albums suck

They do. Actually, I'd much rather listen to a regular studio album than an artist's petty attempt to cash in.
Quote by andios
No one, thing like these are absolutely lame.

so true
the heart is a risky fuel to burn
Quote by WyldeGibsonPlyr
I think we at UG should take our instruments and make our own Christmas record.

yes!
I think Sigur Ros should join in.
I'm going back to New York City,
I do believe i've had enough.
Quote by element4433
I wouldn't want to hear any one of these bands singing Christmas songs. Maybe a concept album telling the Christmas story.
God I have good idea's. I'm thinking about doing this myself. Maybe have a Dinosaur Jr kind of sound
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by Tsunoyukami
I agree. Sigur Ros would be very nice.

Agaetis Christmas
Quote by Guns N' r0ses
hey, this has been on my mind.

i was thinking like, is it possible to write another classic christmas song? frosty the snowman, white christmas, jingle bells, etc. i mean, i think it's almost impossible because all the classic songs are classic already. i guess you could have a hit or something, but we don't have frank around these days. and don't get me started on that song that goes 'last christmas i gave you my heart', i mean for for cris sake...
that would be so pretty!
Quote by Guns N' r0ses
I think any one group making an album gets too redundant, but you could make a whole compilation of songs by different artists that would kick ass. I like listening to a lot of songs that remind me of Christmas rather than the same traditional Christmas songs over and over. It brings some freshness to the season.

I wouldn't mind hearing something compiled of songs like Joshua Radin's 'Winter', Vienna Teng's 'Atheist Christmas Carol', Sarah McLachland's version of 'River' etc. Just not one artist singing the same damn Christmas songs we've all heard a million times before.
Quote by NoRomancelnChin
hey, this has been on my mind.

i was thinking like, is it possible to write another classic christmas song? frosty the snowman, white christmas, jingle bells, etc. i mean, i think it's almost impossible because all the classic songs are classic already. i guess you could have a hit or something, but we don't have frank around these days. and don't get me started on that song that goes 'last christmas i gave you my heart', i mean for for cris sake...

Dead on. I wish we had some ORIGINAL Christmas music. I think all the prepackaged pop divas putting out Christmas album after Christmas album kind of killed the concept of Christmas music and people avoid these albums like the plague now.

I guess it all depends on who is putting out the album. Christmas music from Indie artists, I would trust - they still make music for the sake of making music. Pop tarts, I would not trust because it's obvious their management is just trying to squeeze more money out of their pet projects.
the oc destroyed all hopes of christmas songs
and then decided to trash another holiday, hannukah
i present to u, the ridiculous christmakuh mix cd
Page 1 of 2