Page 1 of 2
so, a while ago in summer, i was in my loft playin my guitar and stuff and i i heard the slightly distant drone of a lawnmower. I was kind of day dreaming at the the time but as i played an open string G with distortion, it sounded just like the drone of the lawnmower. WTF, i kno. it didnt have the same effect with any of the other strings, only the G.
so yeah, is that weird?
SLAP
Nah, everything has a note.

I have a friend who can tell me the note of pretty much anything I ask him to.

Of course, I can't tell if he's lying or not when it comes to those things, but he's always got notes on a musical instrument right when I've asked him.
Quote by shreddyz11
so, a while ago in summer, i was in my loft playin my guitar and stuff and i i heard the slightly distant drone of a lawnmower. I was kind of day dreaming at the the time but as i played an open string G with distortion, it sounded just like the drone of the lawnmower. WTF, i kno. it didnt have the same effect with any of the other strings, only the G.
so yeah, is that weird?

How old are you?
Quote by SaXXoN

Of course, I can't tell if he's lying or not when it comes to those things, but he's always got notes on a musical instrument right when I've asked him.

Your bud may have perfect pitch
every sound will be a certain note. so yeah, it can play a g
UG's Stock Market Guy

Hablo Español
Wǒ néng shuō Zhōngwén

So you can speak to me in English, Spanish or Chinese

My Recordings:

Dissident Blues
El Farol
Lenny
We'll Make This Work
Stop This Train
Quote by Sabu

yeah! yeah!!
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

neh, not wierd theres a note that can make you sh!t yourself
Jackson RR3
ESP LTD MH-250NT (EMG 81-85)
Peavey Valveking 100 Head
Harley Benton Cabnet
Blackstar Distx Valve Distortion
Boss DD3
Dunlop Cry Baby Wah
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Boss Noise-Gate
A Member Of The Jackson Players Group
The toilets at my old highschool were in E flat.
Wolfie, Moley, Witty, Dgmey, Grundy
Maybe if you get 5 or 6 different lawnmowers together you can play a song. (3 of them to play green day)
Nope, no sig here.
Quote by Sabu

Yeh. I mean, he never ceases to amaze me. Clasically trained Double Bassist and owns everyone I know on electric bass - which really sucks, cause I play bass. >.<
Quote by prison sex
neh, not wierd theres a note that can make you sh!t yourself

Brown noise ftw.
MG Free At Last
yeah, that makes sense
i like to match the pitch of the fire departments alarm when goes off everyday at 6 PM (theres not a fire, it just does that, i don't know why)
Quote by SaXXoN

Perfect pitch is great fun .
Quote by fukyu1980
LOL ! muther fuker i was gonna say that LOL!
Quote by SaXXoN
Yeh. I mean, he never ceases to amaze me. Clasically trained Double Bassist and owns everyone I know on electric bass - which really sucks, cause I play bass. >.<

Well that explains it..he plays fretless.
Nope, no sig here.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Nah, you have inbetweens. Not every frequency is a recognised note.

But you can get pretty close to any note. It's not like there's a huge frequency gap between notes.
MG Free At Last
everything can play a note - look on youtube for an F1 car playing the english national anthem
Quote by add666
everything can play a note - look on youtube for an F1 car playing the english national anthem

I have the F1 car sound on keyboard Usually stuff doesn't sound very good when you use that effect but it's still pretty funny for a few tunes
there should be a lawnmower orchestra! and they could use the doppler effect to play bends, have someone run at the audience with a flymo and run away again
and what about the sound that you make when you accidentally run over the cable then go to move it, not realising its exposed? (true story (painful true story)) that could be incorporated.

electrocute different sized people to achieve different notes!

yay, we could have a orchestra with electrocuted midgets and lawnmowers.

i think my brain just commited suicide.......
Fun Animal Facts #23: The pit can skeletonise a cow in under three minutes
Quote by SaXXoN

**** if he can do that it's really unusual only a few people in the world have the ability to hear any tone without any reference! cool!

And yes every sound has a pitch because when for example a lawnmower causes a sound that is because th vibrations of the engine " pushes" the molecyles in the air, creating a wave (thats right a sound wave). It is the same thing when a guitar string wobbles it pushes the molecyles around it causing sound.

Different tones comes from how often these waves come (read per second) thats why a tighter string that wobbles faster gives i higher pitch!
And depending on how much the lawnmower vibrates it causes different tones! therefore of course it could be a G!!

Hope that gave a little light to thw situation now keep rocking!
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Nah, you have inbetweens. Not every frequency is a recognised note.

-Jäpp, obviously sound contain notes, there are "recognisable" notes and "inbetweens". A lot of notes created simultaneously is referred to as Indefinite pitch.

Quote by ljplum12
Do Swedes call molecules molecyles?

Ehmm, what, no, it's Molekyler.
You are currently reading my sig.

"Ah yeah, ah yeah, ah, ah, ah. Ah yeah, ah yeah, ah, ah, ah." - Robert Plant
Last edited by Der Bomber at Dec 11, 2007,
Quote by Mutant Corn
Maybe if you get 5 or 6 different lawnmowers together you can play a song. (3 of them to play green day)

how true...
that post just made my day
UG POKER!
Quote by WyvernOmega

TL;DR: Saw a girl at Wal-Mart, she started feeling me up, I jizzed in my pants.

Shit, I'm so pathetic.

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']I agree, tone does sound better the closer your genitals are to the ground.

Crabcore?

UNACCEPTABLE
Quote by guitaringsailor
**** if he can do that it's really unusual only a few people in the world have the ability to hear any tone without any reference! cool!

I don't think it's as uncommon as you make it out to be but yeh it's still pretty rare. He's the only person I'm sure that can do it.

I'd get really annoyed if I was him though. I mean, we do ask him to give us a note for the stupidest things =/.

...Seems like a fair trade. That'll teach him to be so musically skilled.
Everything has a Frequency (F in physics)
Audible frequencies range from 20 - 20000 Hz (i believe?) - so anything hitting that frequency, and emitting a wave will produce a ''note''

perfect example, two solid state Tesla coils with their frequencies being alternated to produce... well... just watch
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1O2jcfOylU
1st ever MOD challenge winner
Rush Club Member #5
Member of the Frank Zappa Fan Club. PM deadhead313313 to join
Member #4 of The Geddy Lee Fan Club
Member #21 of the Steve Irwin Memorial Club, pm Clincher09 to join
i remember seeing on TV that all cars honk in the key of F. im not sure if that applies to the Duke boys or not though
Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Ibanez TS-9
EHX Big Muff Pi
Companion Fuzz Box
EHX Pulsar
Boss DD-6
Fender Hot Rod Deville 212
That's pretty ace about SaXXoN's friend. Is there a name for that? Perfect pitch?

Can he sing too? Y'know, one of those "give me an A flat" "aaaaaa" guys? Cause I wanna be that guy.
Quote by blu_flame34
That's pretty ace about SaXXoN's friend. Is there a name for that? Perfect pitch?

Can he sing too? Y'know, one of those "give me an A flat" "aaaaaa" guys? Cause I wanna be that guy.

Yeh, it's known as perfect pitch and yes he can do that. I'm a firm believer that if you sing the letter of the note, it's right >.< Well, that just makes up for my lack of pitch :p

If I could just find a video/recording of him.
People with perfect pitch can determine the note of everyday sounds like that, not saying you are and that only people with perfect pitch can do it but they can which gives them a definite experimental advantage over others.
I don't even shred
As I research it it seems to be popularly believed that perfect pitch is inborn.

I wonder if practice will get you there, or atleast pretty close.
yea, so lets move on to perfect pitch, my guitar teacher said i had pretty good pitch because he played a note on the piano and told me to sing so i did and got it right straight away
SLAP
Quote by shreddyz11
so yeah, is that weird?

holy crap i noticed the same exact thing lol
SPEAK OV ME NOT AS ONE
SPEAK OV ME NOT AS NONE
SPEAK OV ME NOT AT ALL
FOR I AM CONTINUAL
Quote by shreddyz11
yea, so lets move on to perfect pitch, my guitar teacher said i had pretty good pitch because he played a note on the piano and told me to sing so i did and got it right straight away

But would you be able to tell him what that note was if you didn't know?
Did anyone else think of the car commercial where the cars play "Smoke On The Water" when they saw this?

I didn't.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
Page 1 of 2