so ive got a traynor ycv40t and im pretty happy with the tone i have now, but when i turn up the gain + my overdrive (zakk wylde overdrive level maxed and gain turned down) i get alot of fuzziness...not alot of note definition, just fuzz, how can i get rid of this without lowering my gain level??
Guitars
Epiphone Les Paul Custom (Alpine White) (retired)
Gibson Les Paul Swamp Ash studio
Gibson Les Paul Standard Faded (Tobacco Burst)

Bass
Squier Vintage Modified Jazz
You probably can't I mean if you build up a wall of fuzz and gain that's what you'll get but you might be able to tame it with a noise gate like ISP decimator or w/e
i dont get noise when i dont play, its when i strum that i get alot of fuzz rather than note definition
Guitars

Bass
Quote by Guitar Eater
You probably can't I mean if you build up a wall of fuzz and gain that's what you'll get but you might be able to tame it with a noise gate like ISP decimator or w/e

You'd be able to cut off the edges but you wouldn't get rid of the fuzz, that's what happens when you pile tonnes of gain on top of each other, so unless some other guy has some whacky scheme to get rid of it, you'll have to make do.
i tried my micro amp as well and its the same thing good amount of gain, but alot of fuzz as well, is it the preamp tubes?
Guitars

Bass
well then logic would dictate there might be a problem with your pedal if it's happening with multiple amps. something like a grounding/internal wiring problem is common
oh sorry not a roland micro amp, but an mxr micro amp
Guitars

Bass
try different eq's in amp and in the OD. how about turning the level down a bit?
GRUPO EN ESPAÑOL

SI BUSCAS BANDA EN LATINOAMERICA O ESPAÑA, ENTRA AQUI