My brother bought a bass, and now he already wants to sell it. He hasnt even got the chance to play it. any help keeping him on it?
Quote by silhouettica
Oh, DON'T use a knife. It cuts through your strings. I did that once, thinking, its the Low E, its invincible. Turns out, its not...

Quote by Kensai
Awesome
If he doesn't have the motivation to continue (or start for that matter), what use is persuading him to continue? To become good, playing has to be your passion, not just a hobby.
Gear:
Ibanez S470 (EMG 81/S/85)
Sigma DMC-15E
Laney VH100R
Laney 4x12 Cab
Ibanez Weeping Demon
M-Audio ProKeys 88
Mbox 3 Pro
KRK RP6 G2's
Plum Team FTW!

X
i say if he doesn't like it he doesn't like it, but really try to convince him, show him some video's of his favorite band live or something? i'm not sure, what made me start playing guitar was seeing my uncle play and seeing my favorite band live, assuming you play bass try showing him a few good licks, just impress him i guess, but if he's really set on not playing, he most likely just won't
I'm guessing he's not into it 'cause bass in general terms is not at the forefront of a lot of music or "pretty" to beginners. Show him bass stuff, without forcing him on it, that sounds cool based on his type of music. He'll either get into it or dislike it, there isn't much you can do outside of let him live it out.

But don't try to force it on him, he'll resent it.
Quote by soccermom
The only epic thing about the bass forum is Pete Wentz penis. Its Epic. Epic penis.
BASS, MT, AND PIT JUNKIE

^ i agree with him ^
Quote by Jackal58
That's the thing though. What can you do to a group of people that believe if they abandon their cause they will burn in hell?

yeah imma troll

whatcha gon do bout it?
Your brother's an idiot. Bass guitars cost REAL money, not freaking monopoly money. Jees, taking up bass, not even playing it once, and then wanting to sell it off again?! Madness, I tell you!
Ego inflating praise here:
Quote by Fishyesque
That is SOOOOOOOOOOO sig worthy! Pure awesomeness to you, sir.

C wut I did thar Fishy?

's UG
well, he was really psyched about it, but then he decided he needed money. So, i know he wants to, but i need to convince him to at least try it. and Chad11491, no, i play electric guitar. just plain, electric guitar.
Quote by silhouettica
Oh, DON'T use a knife. It cuts through your strings. I did that once, thinking, its the Low E, its invincible. Turns out, its not...

Quote by Kensai
Awesome
Quote by Angus_Junior35
well, he was really psyched about it, but then he decided he needed money. So, i know he wants to, but i need to convince him to at least try it. and Chad11491, no, i play electric guitar. just plain, electric guitar.

Well if he needs the money, then I encourage him.
Proud Owner of a Fender Jazz 24 V

Private Simmons of the Red vs. Blue club. PM Fret13 to join.

Things to come:
Carvin or Trace-elliot rig
EBS Valvedrive (Newest edition )
Buy it off him and let him use it, this way its your's and since its around he'll try it enough to get into it?