tommorow I have a show and my guitar needs to be in drop D, I've had it in drop D once, since I never play in drop D, anyway i noticed it when out of tune alot, I think i'm going to put it in drop D over the night(like before i go to bed I'll put it to drop D) and then should I leave it ? Or is it dumb or what? I have an Rg1570 with 10's (Don't know if that matters..) But anyway, it's just for one night. Should I do it ?
uhh yeah i would drop it to D the night before, cause it could take awhile and you'll end up rushing if you wait til the next day
Two things...1)About tuning the guitar you should do it the night before, give time for the neck to get comfortable with the tuning. Or if you're planning to change from drop d to standard on the show take de 6th and 5th string's clamp, I use it that way and it's, actually pretty good, doesn't go out of tune that much.
2)YOU'RE USING.10 IN A GUITAR WITH A FLOYD ROSE!!!??? Are out of your mind? that will make your neck bend as my granfather's back lol. Put some .09 on it, that shall make it.
^ Theres nothing wrong with using .10s on a floyd rose.

Just take the string clamp off and tune it down for the one song, then tune it back up and tighten the string clamp.
Quote by jojoel10

2)YOU'RE USING.10 IN A GUITAR WITH A FLOYD ROSE!!!??? Are out of your mind? that will make your neck bend as my granfather's back lol. Put some .09 on it, that shall make it.

No it won't. All you have to do is put another spring in to level out the tension of the bridge and the strings, or tighten the screws in the back of the guitar. That doesn't effect the neck that much (if at all) if he's using a high quality guitar. I could understand what you're saying if he put 12's on it, then he would have to adjust his truss rod, but 10's aren't going to effect it.
Gear:
Ibanez RG7321 Seven String
Epiphone Iommi Signature SG
Digitech Scott Ian Black 13
VOX Valvetronix AD100VTH
Laney 4x12 w/Celestion 50s
Quote by guitarrocker_77
tommorow I have a show and my guitar needs to be in drop D, I've had it in drop D once, since I never play in drop D, anyway i noticed it when out of tune alot, I think i'm going to put it in drop D over the night(like before i go to bed I'll put it to drop D) and then should I leave it ? Or is it dumb or what? I have an Rg1570 with 10's (Don't know if that matters..) But anyway, it's just for one night. Should I do it ?

You've only been in Drop D tuning once, and you have a show to perform songs in that particular tuning? I mean, you might as well drop the tuning the night before, and save the hassle. Or have a chromatic stage tuner.
Tune the E string down to D and adjust the spring tension accordingly, it's no big deal. Do it the night before the show, you'll probably want to mess around a little in drop D first anyway, especially if you're not used to it.
Quote by XxGibsonSGxX
You've only been in Drop D tuning once, and you have a show to perform songs in that particular tuning? I mean, you might as well drop the tuning the night before, and save the hassle. Or have a chromatic stage tuner.

Yeh... I've had IT, my guitar, in drop D once, but I play a guitar that's in drop D everyday at school. And yeh im just gonna put it to drop D the night before..