but not,

I hope,
I’m not ashamed to be white
Vi doede ikke... vi har aldri levd
Barbarism is the natural state of mankind
Civilization is unnatural

It is a whim of circumstance
an unenlightened one
**** Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
**** YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Best metal news of the year! Matt Barlow = best vocalist in metal history.
The Kovenant of Terror, Marshal of the Legion of Metal.

Quote by GID (Shamrock)
Br00tal, Terror Kovenant=metal's king

This has made my day! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Matt Barlow is god (among gods).
I've found Jesus
Any news on when a new album is going to be released? I can't wait.
◑ ◔
╔═╗
▓▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
╚═╝
Always outnumbered, never outgunned...
Quote by i have to pee
Any news on when a new album is going to be released? I can't wait.

Matt will be singing on Part 2 of the Something Wicked concept CD and we will be looking forward to getting out on tour and delivering a series of Iced Earth shows that will rival any in the history of the band. And there will be a proper DVD filmed from this period, something we’ve all been waiting for.

thats as much as there is right now

Quote by GID (Shamrock)

That is absolutely awesome but I can't help but wonder what's going to happen with the new material form something wicked part one, does Matt have the same range as Tim in the higher registers?

But anyway, this is brilliant news, I'll be getting that DVD when it comes.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
That is absolutely awesome but I can't help but wonder what's going to happen with the new material form something wicked part one, does Matt have the same range as Tim in the higher registers?

But anyway, this is brilliant news, I'll be getting that DVD when it comes.

Matt's voice actually goes higher, its just a lot different than the Ripper.

Quote by GID (Shamrock)

Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
does Matt have the same range as Tim in the higher registers?

What? You say it's amazing news yet you don't even know the potential of Barlow? Go listen to Dracula now.
I've found Jesus
Quote by Contraband
What? You say it's amazing news yet you don't even know the potential of Barlow? Go listen to Dracula now.

Bingo. Barlow hits higher notes in Dracula than the Ripper has ever done with IE.

and besides, the earlier material with Barlow and Greely is IE's best. I certaintly would never be upset if they didnt play any of the new material live.

Quote by GID (Shamrock)

Quote by Contraband

I said it's amazing news because Matt's voice is just better than Tim's imho, that doesn't mean I've heard everything he ever did. I will seek out this song anyway.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
holy **** this is awesome!! this news just made my day!!
Quote by The Kush
This should be put in the ****ing Bible.

Quote by Våd Hamster
You are an inspiration.

Quote by Blackwaterson89
Listen to TheBlessed Dead. The man is a genius. There should be a man of genius song about him. Stephen Hawking has nothing on TheBlessed Dead.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
I said it's amazing news because Matt's voice is just better than Tim's imho, that doesn't mean I've heard everything he ever did. I will seek out this song anyway.

It's possibly IE's best song.

Kudos to the Hitchhiker's Guide username btw.

Oh, yeah, and

YESSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I do hope that Barlow is still album to keep his commitments to Pyramaze, because that band is awesome and Barlow would make a great addition to it.

Quote by GID (Shamrock)

FUCKING FUCK YES CUNT

Sucks to be Ripper, the same thing happened to him in Preist
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
YES!!!!!! one of my favorite singers returns
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.
In related news, I just heard Dracula...
Quote by Senor Kristian
Viking fact no. 1: Viking helmets did not have horn.
Viking fact no. 2: Vikings tobogganed on their shields into battle.
Viking fact no. 3: Vikings drank mead.
Viking fact no. 4: One of your ancestors are likely to have been raped by a viking.
Quote by tehbensonzorz
... IE didn't really go with his voice.

I beg to differ.
I didn't mind the Ripper, but Barlow is pretty much pure win in Iced Earth.
◑ ◔
╔═╗
▓▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
╚═╝
Always outnumbered, never outgunned...
Ripper needs a good band. He is a most awesome singer guy.

BUT **** YES.
WHY DID I BECOME A HOBO!?

Currently playing - Bioshock (360) Forza 2 (360) Mario Kart (Wii) and some CoD4 (360)
best metal news of the past 10 years

I actually got goosebumps when i heard this..
The most talented man on earth...
Quote by Smoke_Beer
Awesome, Ripper blew. Not afraid to say it.

Barlow fit the best, we can all agree on that. But saying the Ripper blew as a vocalist is by far the most ignorant thing ANYBODY has ever said.
My guitar modification blog.
Quote by MuffinMan
Jesus was all like "To those about to rock, I salute you." then he grabbed his mighty axe and rocked the Romans out really hard. Of course they were strict classical music so....
YES !!!!!!!!!! yes YES EYS EYS EYS YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES EY SY EYS YE SY WS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've been waiting for something like this to happen since I heard barlow was back in the metal scene again.. It was only a matter of time
I put a dollar in a change machine. Nothing changed.
goddamn that's awesome news!

I do like Ripper tho
I’m not the man I used to be, I... I can’t go back to Arkham.

I... I should return to Arkham.

Among the churchyard’s mouldering stones I recognise a name – my own.
I have come home to Arkham.

Ready to get pissed?

I think Priest should take Ripper back and make another album like Jugulator! And I'm not even joking...

Does anybody else wonder how the whole "We're going back to our ex" thing went down? You think Ripper was pissed or anything? Are there any statements from him? I know I'd be kinda pissed if I was in a band that decided to switch singers in the middle of what is basically a double-concept album...

anyway, I hope IE does some extensive touring, 'cuz I'd love to see Barlow rippin' it on stage.
Page 1 of 2