I am not sure if I should post here or in the guitar gear section...but here it goes.
But before I start, I dont wanna hear things like...your insane for paying $300 for headphones. I am a person who can actually appreciate the sound differance.

So for christmas I was looking around for some around ear headphones...noise cancelling too. I cant stand the earbud headphones...and they suck really bad.

I was looking at the Bose Quiet Comfort 2 (noise reducing)
http://www.bose.com/controller?event=view_product_page_event&product=qc2_headphones_index
a lot of people say there not worth it?
I've tried them out at the store along with the Quiet Comfort 3 and they beat them by far.
Are there any other headphones I could possible take a look at that sound great but might not necesarily be as expensive?
Help would be appreciated.
Quote by punk n' metal
RnB is emo for black people

UG's Nudist Club. PM Me to Join.
to each is their own
every person enjoys the little things in life differently. For you it may being able to block out every sound imagainable and just hear crystal clear music. for others its a differnt story.
Bose is way overpriced imo- you can get even better sound from a company like sennheiser or something like that. I've never been a fan of Bose
Schecter Hellraiser C-1
Fernandes Dragonfly
Peavey Valveking 112

If I could write off your murder, I'd save all of my receipts,
because I'd rather you be dead, than lose a tiny shred of what I made this fiscal year - Dethklok
http://www.blackboxonline.com/

These things are awesome, a new kiwi invention.

The headphones are around $350NZ, the in-ear ones are around $170NZ.
Quote by kriscornella2@g
I know i wish i was as cool as you and be into Sum 41 and Taking back Sunday. Gaylord.

Quote by civildp1
you should call one of the songs, "Respecting Old People" just to mix things up.

Quote by вяaи∂ иєw
You just made a very powerful enemy BenFoffenbock.
Quote by BenFoffenbock
http://www.blackboxonline.com/

These things are awesome, a new kiwi invention.

The headphones are around $350NZ, the in-ear ones are around $170NZ.

Those look awesome, i'll have to get myself a pair.
I'm nothing if not extremely satisfied with my Sennheiser EH150's, but I haven't tried any other headphone models with which to compare aside from the Bose models in Target. The Sennheisers were $100 cheaper and sounded about as good as the display models.
If your going to listen to The Cure I do not recommend these headphones. Mainly because The Cure are terrible.
Quote by ironman45
Bose is way overpriced imo- you can get even better sound from a company like sennheiser or something like that. I've never been a fan of Bose

+1. Bose is good but its not the best. And you can get better for cheaper from sen, shure, and others i cant think of right now.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
How are the bose triport headphones?
last.fm
Quote by darkstar2466
*head explodes*
You sir, are a god.

Quote by BBW
This song is about Little Red Riding Hood and her trials and tribulations with the Big Bad Wolf. He was a cunt who liked to bother pigs when they relaxed after work in their houses.
Quote by M3T4L69
I am not sure if I should post here or in the guitar gear section...but here it goes.
But before I start, I dont wanna hear things like...your insane for paying $300 for headphones. I am a person who can actually appreciate the sound differance.

So for christmas I was looking around for some around ear headphones...noise cancelling too. I cant stand the earbud headphones...and they suck really bad.

I was looking at the Bose Quiet Comfort 2 (noise reducing)
http://www.bose.com/controller?event=view_product_page_event&product=qc2_headphones_index
a lot of people say there not worth it?
I've tried them out at the store along with the Quiet Comfort 3 and they beat them by far.
Are there any other headphones I could possible take a look at that sound great but might not necesarily be as expensive?
Help would be appreciated.

like you, I care about the sound quality. That's why I use my old $40 ear phones. When i got them, they were good now there filled with junk

My rule is, if you can buy it, buy it.
hope that helps
^^ The Triports sound pretty decent, but not $140 worth of decent. I'd only pay $50 for them new, and not just because I'm currently unemployed.
What else would you recommend for that price range?
last.fm
Quote by darkstar2466
*head explodes*
You sir, are a god.

Quote by BBW
This song is about Little Red Riding Hood and her trials and tribulations with the Big Bad Wolf. He was a cunt who liked to bother pigs when they relaxed after work in their houses.
Sennheiser HD212, but I don't know too many models over $50.

I'll vouch for anything in the HD or EH lines. Whatever you get should serve you well.
Last edited by Quintessence153 at Dec 11, 2007,
Thanks Man!
last.fm
Quote by darkstar2466
*head explodes*
You sir, are a god.

Quote by BBW
I've never been completely satisfied with a Bose product, whether it was the Wave Radio we got as a wedding gift or the Bose system factory installed in my father-in-law's Nissan. You can get a lot more bang from your buck. I agree with the Sennheiser recommendations.
Hi, I'm Peter
Quote by guitarplayer116
like you, I care about the sound quality. That's why I use my old $40 ear phones. When i got them, they were good now there filled with junk

My rule is, if you can buy it, buy it.
hope that helps

key words...old headphones. I am using my dad's old sony headphones. They look cheep but sound good. I used to have a pair of $70 in ear Sennheisers
but they broke...the magnetic part fell out. The sound was AMAZING!

Any particular noise cancelling model I can look at??
Quote by punk n' metal
RnB is emo for black people

UG's Nudist Club. PM Me to Join.
Circuit City, my friend

I personally work at Circuit and in mp3's section. These things sound stellar and are really comfy ... and they won't cost you $300 lol. Trust me, this is your best solution unless you're monitoring professional recordings, man. Either way, Bose makes awesome products (although a bit overpriced sometimes) and i hope you enjoy them..

....christ, I'm not even at work and I'm working...
Quote by Briyan_15
I think this man has a reputation to defend and "poop head" is not in that reputation.

Quote by omegasus
RUSSELL! WHAT THE ****!!!!
My EH150's do a pretty decent job of noise canceling (somewhat better than my supra-aurals), so I'd assume the rest of the line would, too. The guys in art class usually have to kick me if there's anything that I need to hear. The HD models are supposed to have roughly the same ability. Granted, they can't hold up to friends' cranked car speakers unless my volume is up ridiculously loud, but I doubt many headphones could.
Last edited by Quintessence153 at Dec 12, 2007,
If you're going to drop $300 on headphones and can appreciate the sound difference then buy a ****ing headphone amp at your price range the limiting factor of sound quality is not your headphones it's your player