Been following this vote for "best rock band of all-time" and it is odd
Queen is winning but bands like Zeppelin ( my fav) and the Beatles trailing?
not sure, but Queen has a big fan base on the net
if you like Zeppelin or whomever else, you can vote at:
vote here

should be an interesting finish,,,probably Zep & Queen
btw, they do have best guitarist and best rock singer as well
I had to sidestep Page on that and vote for Steve Lukather from Toto...the guy is a master!
Last edited by zepfan111 at Dec 11, 2007,
There's no such thing has a "best of all time", so voting would be useless. It proves nothing.

And the list isn't great, either. They never are, because people have too broad of tastes to pick from just a select few.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
id have to say, going by the numbers, you cant say anything but the beatles...even tho they may not be the most talented or w/e, they clearly sold the most records (just speculation but im pretty sure thats right)
I dont understand why guns n roses fails to make that list or deep purple. Kiss as the greatest rock band....**** that. But i guess it's the same old list cliche. These things are always pathetic
Out of those The Beatles are an obvious choice.

Second Choice is Led Zeppelin.

I agree with Fallenangel20 on the uselessness of polls like that.
wth.... how is bon jovi on there?
Quote by tarheelfan2
Oh ****, I just found out I got pwned by Joey! Damn...

Quote by funkbass369
GASPPPP! another one pwned by joey!

Quote by funkyfigure8
Lulz Joey Is Teh Ownage I Want His Penus
"Favorite Rock Band Of All Time" would be more appropriate.
My Gear:
-Schecter C-1 Plus (Vintage Sunburst)
-B-52 AT-212 Tube Combo
-ZW-44 Zakk Wylde Overdrive
-Digitech RP350 Multi-Effects Pedal
-Hamer Slammer Strat Copy
Yep, plenty of those don't even deserve to make the list. Of those... gotta say the Beatles.
I think "best" and "favorite" have to be separated but here's the thing...
does favorite lead to best...meaning biggest fan base? what does "best" mean?
it is hard to choose, but someone is gonna win it so I had to vote for Zeppelin considering they are true rock. Beatles were pop but would have to classify them as rock too so everyone is in the same pot unless you are truly a country band.
btw, would rather see a vote by the fans than some execs at a magazine voting
Quote by noahray
beatles are a pop band

You're right. But they also have Metallica in there which is Metal (gasp!).
Quote by fallenangel20
There's no such thing has a "best of all time", so voting would be useless. It proves nothing.

And the list isn't great, either. They never are, because people have too broad of tastes to pick from just a select few.

/thread
A ' Best Rock Band ' list without Pink Floyd or Rush ( or both ) is a list that is wrong.
Quote by civildp1
It's not rocket surgery.
Quote by Kensai
That was so hot my penis exploded.
Quote by killthekingx
I **ing hate Opeth. They make every other band I know look bad.

Quote by beckyjc
some cockwanks just wan to throw 5 stars at her because she has a vag
metallica is dope. But what defines the greatest rock band? is it their style, because wtf is the greatest style? is it their populatrity? coz then the thing is titled wrong. is it theiur album sales? i dont think so, or is it their music? and u cant honestly say that u can agree on who has the greatest music, because music is music. And music becomes whatever the listener wants it to be. If some guy wants to listen to Stairway To Heaven as the greatest song, thats wat hell get 7 minutes of bliss, if a guy wants to listen to it as an over rated over played song, tahts wat hell get, he'll have to turn it off halfway through. You cant vote on this subject, because declarin a winner is in a vague way forcin ur opinion on everyone else, u cant keep everyone happy and theres a ****en reason for that, because everyone has different tastes and opinions. Which is why there is no greatest rock band but only a debate on which band has a had a greater effect on everyones life
Quote by MASTER JiMMY
metallica is dope. But what defines the greatest rock band? is it their style, because wtf is the greatest style? is it their populatrity? coz then the thing is titled wrong. is it theiur album sales? i dont think so, or is it their music? and u cant honestly say that u can agree on who has the greatest music, because music is music. And music becomes whatever the listener wants it to be. If some guy wants to listen to Stairway To Heaven as the greatest song, thats wat hell get 7 minutes of bliss, if a guy wants to listen to it as an over rated over played song, tahts wat hell get, he'll have to turn it off halfway through. You cant vote on this subject, because declarin a winner is in a vague way forcin ur opinion on everyone else, u cant keep everyone happy and theres a ****en reason for that, because everyone has different tastes and opinions. Which is why there is no greatest rock band but only a debate on which band has a had a greater effect on everyones life

Although the way you presented your point left a lot to be desired, I'm going to +1 that.

On top of that, I'm going to use this smiley. Be proud, I've never done that before.