Hey, I am planning on making a nice funk guitar for my friend for christmas, I have a squire strat I am using as the base, and I'm gonna trick it out, so what are some parts that will give it that heavy wah/whammy funk sound.

I need new pickups and a new tremolo minimum. The more input the better.
DiMarzio pickups.

COMEDY! PROGRESSIVE! PUNK!

Quote by darkrikku

MY SETUP
ESP Ltd. F-100FM
DiMarzio PAF Pro DP151
John Pearse #2500 Strings
Crate GTX65
Behringer Ultrastack BG412H
just get some rough sand paper, and give it a v shaped neck while your at it... as for the trem, id go wilkenson... the pick ups... for funk...not sure...
Quote by Gibson_Rocker13
you are my new hero cause i do the exact same thing but i suck at it

#8 of the EHX USERS GUILD
Quote by SublimeGuitar
Orange Rocker 30. Best Marshall ever

epi firefly dsp 30, epi sg, big muff
olp five string, peavy max 158
For the pickups, just get high quality strat-type pickups. You don't need any rediculously crazy DiMarzios or SDs for this, because funk is all about the pure strat tone.

I would also upgrade all the electronics. And maybe if you can just replace the neck altogether...
Funky pickups? No, not DiMarzio! Get some Texas Specials!

But I agree, Funk is defined by the style of playing rather than tone. But also, give it a coolass paintjob, I'm sure your buddy will like it. By the way, that's an expensive gift, is it not?
WHY IS EVERYONE IN THE PIT A FUCKING METALCORE KID
Ya, it's a spendy gift, but he is playing on a piece of **** 1/2 broken no name guitar, so I'm gonna surprise the **** out of him.

And forsakn, it's cause the trem on squires are absolute crap (also replacing the pegheads) and they lose their tuning in a day if you use the whammy.

And although I MAY replace the neck, I think I will keep it cause it is really short (Les Paul Short, little smaller actually.) And I think it will fit the look well.

And I will look into the equiptment.

EDIT:On second thought I may try to replace the neck with a Les Paul neck, make it really unique, ya know?
Quote by fatal-emu
And forsakn, it's cause the trem on squires are absolute crap (also replacing the pegheads) and they lose their tuning in a day if you use the whammy.

Not true. If you know how to setup it up, it'll be just relatively fine, for a vintage style trem.

Get a graphite nut, lubricate the fulcrum points of the trem, lubricate the string trees, and improve stringing technique (http://www.stringthis.com/howtostringu.html). I guarantee that tuning stability will improve 20 times.

And you can't replace the neck with a Les Paul neck. Incompatible neck pocket/heel and different scale length.
eh i can do it on my Les Paul invader/jazz no problem.. but i prefer the sound of a strat;. like the guy way above me its about technique.
Not sure yet, I think what I'm gonna do is make a cutting of the head, then build a design around it, the when it's done paint over it so that it looks like one piece, then with the pegs I can just get some that face up. (They sit at the front of the guitar and point up as apposed to being under and being sideways.)
Also, how easy/effective would it be to pop a humbucker on it?

I'm looking to make it look awesome and sound good aswell.
Quote by fatal-emu
Not sure yet, I think what I'm gonna do is make a cutting of the head, then build a design around it, the when it's done paint over it so that it looks like one piece, then with the pegs I can just get some that face up. (They sit at the front of the guitar and point up as apposed to being under and being sideways.)

...Hmm...I don't quite understand your plans...But they sound like a bad idea, from what I gathered...

Quote by fatal-emu
Also, how easy/effective would it be to pop a humbucker on it?

If it already is routed for humbuckers, easy! Just needs a new pickguard.
Quote by forsaknazrael
...Hmm...I don't quite understand your plans...But they sound like a bad idea, from what I gathered...

If it already is routed for humbuckers, easy! Just needs a new pickguard.

Alright, thank's for all the help, btw, do you know what the less expensive version of the texas specials are?