I decided instead of saving for a Randall RG50TC I thought I could get much better deals used. I am a big fan of Wylde's rich full overdriven Marshall tone but also the tone's of FFDP and KSE. I was wondering if it would be better to save for a Marshall JCM800/900 with an overdrive for HARD-hard rock and metal or just buy a versatile high gain amp like the Carvin V3? I like the 212 combo because it goes for 500 used and it's loaded with V30s. I also saw a JCM900 combo that was going for 600 used. Or since I won't be a gigging for a long time (years) would it be better just to wait for the Windsor Studio? I saw some videos of some dude playing straight into the head and DAMN it is versatileXinfinity.
i want the windsor studio. it's cheap, it's got a built in attenuator, and it sounds like a hairy marshall. what else do u want??? the only review/demo i've found of the windsor studio is the guy on gearwire, but he sucks ass at playing and sucks balls at tweaking the EQ, so i wouldn't base my thought from that. windsors imo sound like hairy marshalls. they're voiced similar to the JCM800, which i really like too.

i wouldn't say Wylde has rich full overdrive from his marshall tho. when it passes some point, it's not 'rich' anymore. its just too much distortion haha.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
well, my definition of "rich overdrive" is not the same. but i'm really urging to play the windsor studio. see how the attenuator holds up to the EL34.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Est. 2007

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
do you think i can tell you something if only people at the NAMM show have even seen the studio? i think it would be a wonderful amp. but i've never had a chance to play it. I would wiat till i get to check it out.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Est. 2007

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
^how the **** would i know dummy.

windsor studio isn't even out in the market yet. just be patient.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Est. 2007

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
it won't be the same. it has less tubes, which means less distoriton available?

but the attenuator in the back. you never know the potential.

i'll say one thing tho. if you decide to either get or not get the windsor studio because somebody told you the windsor head great/not, you're a complete idiot.

that's only if u do decide tho.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Est. 2007

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Obviously I'll test them before I buy them. But I need more opinions on the V3 and Marshall+od. EDIT: The reason why I'm asking for opinions is so I have an idea of how much monehz I need to save up.
Last edited by Hellscream91 at Dec 12, 2007,