background info: My new strat has the plastic over the pickguard.

I want to remove it, and so too the volume/control knobs so that there wont be the bit of plastic stuck under the knobs.

So, how do you remove and then put on the tone/volume knobs?
(its a strat)
sh*t..my volume knob came OFF about a year ago lmao. now it's just a metal peg that comes out that's a b*tch to turn lol. it's a strat too..sooooo...

anyone know how to reattach the knob? xD
Quote by led_zep_1789
sh*t..my volume knob came OFF about a year ago lmao. now it's just a metal peg that comes out that's a b*tch to turn lol. it's a strat too..sooooo...

anyone know how to reattach the knob? xD

superglue
Gear
American Fender Stratocaster (SCN pups)
Gibson Les Paul: Custom
Samson Q6 Mic
Balls
Quote by paulefty
background info: My new strat has the plastic over the pickguard.

I want to remove it, and so too the volume/control knobs so that there wont be the bit of plastic stuck under the knobs.

So, how do you remove and then put on the tone/volume knobs?
(its a strat)

hammer
Gear
Samson Q6 Mic
Balls
Thats retarded, they should pop off with a screwdriver pretty easily, and then go back on with nothing other than a sturdy push. If they don't stay on, then you probably bought a really, really crappy guitar. Even a mexican strat shouldn't have problems. If it does, you can widen the screws with a chisel or something until the knobs are firm
Suhr Custom, Flaxwood Rautia or Grosh Tele thru
HBE Medicine Bawl Wah
Analogman BiComp
Texas Two Step OD
Fulltone Ultimate Octave/Fuzz
Boss CE-2
TC Nova Delay
SLO-100, 65 London or Bogner Shiva
Ask me about any of this stuff!
Quote by handlerb
Thats retarded, they should pop off with a screwdriver pretty easily, and then go back on with nothing other than a sturdy push. If they don't stay on, then you probably bought a really, really crappy guitar. Even a mexican strat shouldn't have problems. If it does, you can widen the screws with a chisel or something until the knobs are firm

Shhhhhhh.
Gear
Samson Q6 Mic
Balls
Yea super glue would hold the knobs on until you needed to take them off again. Then they probably would end up breaking something. They are split on the end, just use a flat blade screw driver to widen the slot little so the knobs will stay on but not so tight you have to break something. I guess simple common sense is dead.