Vintage VEC500N
or
Fender CD-60CE
or
Yamaha FX310A
? ? ?

Basically I have around a £100-£150 MAX to spend. I don't wanna hear people saying that i can't get anything good for that money, coz I don't care - thats all i can afford! So for that price range, which of the above (or any other suggestions) should I get?

Would really appreciate any advice!
I started learning on a Yamaha F310, nice guitar and sounded great for the money.
James
One day I'll play like Jimmy Page...........one day!
Ok, I understand you dont care that you cant get anything good. But may I ask why? I mean, I dunno...are we on the same wave length about how bad a bad guitar is? Maybe I'm just more picky or whatever...

Also how open would you be to the idea of getting something like a Yamaha FG700S and a soundhole pickup or something? Not exactly sure how the exchange rate is going over there and the general price of guitars relative to say here (Australia) or the States. Or if you already have an acoustic guitar you can just add a pickup to it now...that works too.

Basically I wouldnt get any of those, I'd do that ^^^^ providing its in the right sort of price range. If it wasn't, well... I dunno what I would do...
If I really really had to choose one (I'm not recommending any as such keep in mind, I'm just err.... recommending NOT getting some more than others) First off the Fender would be out cos in general there crap, apparently there are some (according to Corderoy EW) but there more expensive so don't apply to you. Other than that Fender acoustics are generally considered crap. Never heard of the brand Vintage, so can't even say I've heard there good or anything, dunno if they have decent specs or not so meh, I'll leave that to someone else.
Yamaha's are usually great (think the FG series) but here, not so sure. But based on Yamaha's track record it would probably be more likely to work, and would be mroe likely to play OK, and be more likely to sound less bad etc etc. So If your completely set on those three, Yamaha i think is the way to go....

Also unless you actually need a pickup (well no one really needs it cos you can mic the guitar and buy pickups later and things like that) it would be much better to buy a non electro acoustic. I think you should be able to get a decent Yamaha for that money without pickups, to which you can mic if your gigging, or add a pickup to later if you need it, which takes me back to my first suggestion... Obviously I'm not really aware of your situation but this is the wodner of the web... And choose to ignore my advice and opinion or take it on board, you got my opinion, lol.

Anyway, Good luck with whatever you do
thanks guys.
basically its a present for someone and thats all i can afford.
i got a crafter electro acoustic for about £100 a few years ago and it sounds fine for me so i'm gonna spend the same again this time.
id take the yamaha over the fender. but at this kinda price range, it really doent make much of a difference... either are decent choices.
Quote by johnos

Also how open would you be to the idea of getting something like a Yamaha FG700S and a soundhole pickup or something? Not exactly sure how the exchange rate is going over there and the general price of guitars relative to say here (Australia) or the States. Or if you already have an acoustic guitar you can just add a pickup to it now...that works too.

I would do the same too
soundhole pickups are never as good as built in pickups though. the signals are always a bit weak. although, i have to admit. it's a good option for low prices
Quote by captivate
soundhole pickups are never as good as built in pickups though. the signals are always a bit weak. although, i have to admit. it's a good option for low prices

the best thing you can do is invest in a preamp when you buy a soundhole pickup.

'67 Gibson SG Standard
MXR Phase 90 | Ibanez Tubescreamer TS9 | Vox V847A Wah-Wah
'65 Fender Bassman
Quote by jimmywc
thanks guys.
basically its a present for someone and thats all i can afford.
i got a crafter electro acoustic for about £100 a few years ago and it sounds fine for me so i'm gonna spend the same again this time.

why not get another crafter?