Great, now I'll have to buy a new guitar for them and throw out the existing pickups straight away. What a waste...
none that i know of
You get nothing! You lose! Good day sir!
Quote by Horlicks
Or put them in your old guitar, why are you desperate for blackouts?

Because I like their tone. Isn't that why anyone replaces their pickups?

I like the pickups in my guitars already, and none of them are really metal anyway. My Gibson LP could be metal, but I like how it sounds already. Hence why I'm looking for a new guitar to go with the blackouts.
Where have you played a guitar with Blackouts?
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Quote by FacingUsAll
Where have you played a guitar with Blackouts?

I haven't, but I really like an album on which Blackouts feature on nearly every song. I've watched various demonstration videos too.
What amp do you have?

EDIT: Ahh, nvm. I see you have a Mesa. And a really nice one.

There aren't any guitars out right now that use Blackouts, so your only choice would be to buy a new guitar and put them in. Just pay attention to woods and things like that, as they can affect your tone as well. I'm not entirely sure, but if Blackouts are anything like EMGs, they will sound amazing in a mahogany body.

That being said, you could buy an Epi LP Standard and put the blackouts in it. Or the limited edition Studio with the floyd, if you want a trem.
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.
Last edited by mafropetee at Dec 12, 2007,
^^ i did the same as what your thinking of... i bought a Warlock and i had the pickups replaced with EMG`s b4 i even brought it home.... it`s not a waste pickout your favrite guiar you can afford and put the blackouts in it and either A sell the old pickups or B what i did, put the replaced pickups in a different guitar.
I wonder how a BC Rich Mockingbird would sound with them. Haha, the guitar is as cheap as the pickups. It still looks amazing.

Anyway, yeah, something mid-range from Epiphone or Ibanez would probably be perfect for Blackouts.
The pickups should never cost as much or more than the guitar. That's just plain idiocy.
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.
Quote by Ki'
I wonder how a BC Rich Mockingbird would sound with them. Haha, the guitar is as cheap as the pickups. It still looks amazing.

Anyway, yeah, something mid-range from Epiphone or Ibanez would probably be perfect for Blackouts.

You DO get expensive B.C. Rich Mockingbirds; there is more than just the usual crap Bronze Series.
Quote by Ki'
I haven't, but I really like an album on which Blackouts feature on nearly every song. I've watched various demonstration videos too.

What album?
Quote by RG_FANMAN
What album?

If it wasn't a live album, then I'd be wary of buying gear just because someone used it. There are so many other variables that contribute to tone in the studio.

Someone needs to A/B the EMGs and the Blackouts in the same guitar
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
/\

Yea, but i'm saying, what album has been recorded with blackouts? aren't they pretty new (are they even sold at Guitar Center or Musiciansfriend?), so i'd think it odd an entire album was recorded with them at this point.
Quote by RG_FANMAN
/\

Yea, but i'm saying, what album has been recorded with blackouts? aren't they pretty new (are they even sold at Guitar Center or Musiciansfriend?), so i'd think it odd an entire album was recorded with them at this point.

Bleed The Fifth by Divine Heresy. Dino has Blackouts in his signature 7-string Ibanez guitar, and a rare 8-string version of EMG pickups for his 8-string Ibanez.