If I get a Classic 30 and but put the MXR over the amps lead channel could I get a great sustaining screaming lead tone or is the classic to classic?
I am assuming you want Zakk Wylde type distortion here... The classic has a vintage sounding speaker and control board, and no matter how 'metal' your stomp box is, it won't sound anything like, say a triple rectifier. Short answer, yes it is too classic.
Suhr Custom, Flaxwood Rautia or Grosh Tele thru
HBE Medicine Bawl Wah
Analogman BiComp
Texas Two Step OD
Fulltone Ultimate Octave/Fuzz
Boss CE-2
TC Nova Delay
SLO-100, 65 London or Bogner Shiva
Ask me about any of this stuff!
What in the same price range could do that? Please don't say a VK I played one the other day and I have come to a conclusion that it's the worst tube amp ever.
Well... I am a classic rock and blues player, so metal isn't my field of expertise. However I do know that if you want good sound (tube), there is basically nothing in the sub 1000 range that satisfies players. Do not under any circumstances buy a line 6 amp, they are gadgets for practice in a bedroom. If you are willing to give up on tube tone, marshall makes decent solid state hard rock amps (there are a bunch of other options too). Go to guitar center and mess around for a while. Sorry I couldn't be of more help

Best of luck
Suhr Custom, Flaxwood Rautia or Grosh Tele thru
HBE Medicine Bawl Wah
Analogman BiComp
Texas Two Step OD
Fulltone Ultimate Octave/Fuzz
Boss CE-2
TC Nova Delay
SLO-100, 65 London or Bogner Shiva
Ask me about any of this stuff!
When does the Peavey Windsor 15 watt combo come out? I heard it was like a cheaper version of the JCM800?
Quote by Osiris77
When does the Peavey Windsor 15 watt combo come out? I heard it was like a cheaper version of the JCM800?

Yeah, it is very similar to an 800. I own a 900 and it's pretty nice, especially for what I got it for. It does anything from blues to metal fairly well.
Emo is to music as etch-a-sketch is to art.

Quote by TMVolta19
Music can't really be judged, since it's all on the same level. Unless it's screamo. then it sucks.
Quote by omarrodrigez
Yeah, it is very similar to an 800. I own a 900 and it's pretty nice, especially for what I got it for. It does anything from blues to metal fairly well.

How much did you get it for and where for that matter?
I think it sould do well, I plan on geting a classic 30 after Christmas, and have been trying on out the last few weeks just to make sure its what I want. I have to dissagree with handlerb I played it with a TS 808 as well as a Maxon OD 820 a it screamed the sustain lasted forever and then went right into feed back and the clean channel is very very clean, almost as clean as fender, so it sould love any quailty OD or ditortion you put in front of it. I am starting to love this little amp. I play any thing from quite clean stuff to U2 sound to a very hard rock in droped D and I think this amp will cover all the sounds if I add a nice distortion pedal and OD.... I plan going with the jekyll and hyde, OD and distorion in one pedal.
Quote by Osiris77
How much did you get it for and where for that matter?

I got it on ebay for $550.
Emo is to music as etch-a-sketch is to art.

Quote by TMVolta19
Music can't really be judged, since it's all on the same level. Unless it's screamo. then it sucks.