I'm thinking about switching the pickups in my MIM strat. What I want for the bridge pickup is a really fuzzy type of sound. I basically want it to sound like ...And you Will Know Us By the Trail of the Dead and British Sea Power. Some song I want it to be like are Another Morning Stoner, Relative Ways, How Near How Far(for Trail of Dead) and Fear of Drowning, Carrion(for BSP). I don't really know how to better explain it than those songs sound.

For the neck I want to get a light RHCP sound like in Under the Bridge or Snow (Hey Oh).

I have no idea about the middle pickup, as long as I get those sounds. Also, it would be a plus if the strat could also do a decent Jimi Hendrix style sound. I am completely lost when it comes to pickups, so any suggestions would be appreciated. Also, for the amp, it will probably be a small 5-15w tube amp that I will be getting for christmas.

Also, first post here even though I've been lurking for a week or two now.
If you want something done right, do it yourself.
It depends on what amp you get.

Wait 'til you get the amp and then see if you want new pickups.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
To be honest I think you just need a decent amp and a fuzz pedal...I don't think you need new pickups at all.

Crate Palomino 16 + Big Muff = you sorted.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com