So I have been playing for about 8 months now, but when I play I sometimes hear other notes I've hit just before still ringing in the background. I'd really could use some advice on how to mute out notes after you've played them and just to play "cleaner" in general.
Hope you guys can make out what I'm try to say
Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves.
palm mute and fret hand mute ,,,, solve the great majority of your problems
Gear:
Dean Razorback V 255 (explosion finish)
Jackson KX10 (amber sunburst)
Yamaha ERG121
random 50 quid acoustic
Randall RG50TC
Thanks, do you happen to have any link to a lesson? Also can anyone tell me how long it will take at average to get the hang of it?
Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves.
Look at a lesson on some sort of sweep picking/rolling.
It sounds sort of what your after.
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do
Sometimes, you can get sympathetic vibrations from the other strings as you play. You can try the suggestions above and also try reducing the distortion/overdrive (where appl) to the point where you do not hear these anomalies.

You are now chasing your tone which, for some guitar players, is a lifetime hunt. Getting a clean, if you will, distorted signal can be difficult for the uninitiated (read: new) player and even a challenge for seasoned players.

Good luck to you.

Chris
Thanks a lot, I'll try all the above suggestions