Just got a Breed and D-Activator into my RG1570, and have 2 spare humbuckers lying about now. I fancy doing something with my Squiere Strat. Can the V7 and V8 be put into the Squier either as humbuckers, via chopping the body about a bit, or can they be split into single coils? Any advice would be appreciated.
if its a strat with a pickguard, just go buy a HSH, HHS or HH pickguard and that should be it.

if you wanna split them youre gonne have to do some soldering but im not really an expert
Is there room in the cavity then? No need to cut the body apart?

If someone with decent knowledge of humbuckers knows if they can be split that'd be great. I don't have the skill myself but I my dad's pretty damn good with a soldering iron so he can do any work that needs to be done.
Check it and find out, its the only way you'll find out, different models are routed differently

Most squires can take humbuckers though, but some only in the bridge
obviously you'll need a new scratchplate so if you do make a mess of the routing it doesn;t really matter too much

Also, you can coil split them, i'm doing it to my custom strat, 2 humbuckers, each with coil split, but mines just feeding back at me at the minute, a right pain it is
They should fit, but you'd need a new pickguard. Before installing them though, try Corduroy's trick of swapping the magnets round.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
They should fit, but you'd need a new pickguard. Before installing them though, try Corduroy's trick of swapping the magnets round.

Aye, I'd read that a couple of times but couldn't for the life of me work out who said it or where it was. Don't suppose it's stickied anywhere?