Hello

We all know that rockstars (and also "rockstars") like to do shocking things on stage, or in every day life. But since they are meant to be musicians (well, some are "musicians"), do any of them write shocking songs?

Are there any songs which you would consider as shocking? Stuff that can be played/sung without any weird costumes, pelvic thrusts, making out with bassists and biting heads off of animals and still shock people?

I know when Iron Maiden released Number of the Beast, people in america were burning and smashing their records. Protestors came to their gigs carrying crosses and handing out leaflets.

I think Ozzy's song "Mr. Tinkertrain" is in a way shocking. First of all cos it's about pedophiles, and second of all cos of the sudden entry of the guitar riff at the beginning.

The Doors' song "The End" was really shocking at the time. I think it still is. How many songs sing about murder, rape, incest and ancient greece all in one?

Other ideas?
There're bands that are incredibally vile and plenty shocking... but most of them are so bad that they don't get a lot of attention.
Gear:
2003 Fender Standard Strat w/ Texas Specials
2010 EBMM BFR JP6
2012 Babicz Identity Dreadnaught
2015 Gibson Les Paul Traditional SR
Line 6 POD HD500
Peavey XXX 112
Fender Blues Jr
Alice Cooper- I Love the Dead?

Shock in music isn't really too refined. Most of the time it's just for the sake of it, Cannibal Corpse style.
Quote by aaron13
well i get on the net and chat with hot chicks alot.
most of them want to see me naked.. and they are over 18..
I guess 'Polly' by Nirvana because its a true story in which a women gets kidnapped, brutally raped and tortured with a blowtorch and anyone who can understand and catch the lyrical content will know its quite clever but also shocking.
Suffer Little Children by The Smiths is pretty bad to me. The issue is a bit too much of a taboo.
"And after all of this, I am amazed...

...that I am cursed far more than I am praised."
combichrist is pretty shocking. First time I listened to him, I was like "damn... can you say that?"

Oh, there's a line in a dimmu borgir song that promotes the holocaust.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Suffer Little Children by The Smiths is pretty bad to me

+1

also 4st7lb by manic street preachers. now theres harrowing.
Got the spirit, but lose the feeling
Quote by Hobolad
Alice Cooper- I Love the Dead

That song creeps me out! Not really shocking though, I haven't found a song that I find truely shocking ever. Its just music.

EDIT: Except for Soulja boy.
NO ONE EVER READS MY POSTS.
the entire band PsyOpus puts out really mind****ing stuff
If you can play music with enthusiasm and an honest effort, then no matter how flawed, noisy and unclean the music is, you are a musician. If you play just to be the best, you are not a musician, nor are you worthy of any musician's recognition. - me
Quote by rabidguitarist
combichrist is pretty shocking. First time I listened to him, I was like "damn... can you say that?"

Oh, there's a line in a dimmu borgir song that promotes the holocaust.

I fucking LOVE Combichrist
Our hearts are with Nick Grundy.
Quote by Ez0ph
I think AvengedThrice is pretty cool guy, eh raeps kittens to death and doesn't afraid of anything.

He knows me well..
That song creeps me out! Not really shocking though, I haven't found a song that I find truely shocking ever. Its just music.

Same here to be honest. When people try too hard to be shocking they just become a joke.
Quote by aaron13
well i get on the net and chat with hot chicks alot.
most of them want to see me naked.. and they are over 18..
its not a shocking song, but i got kinda shocked when i found out u could hear Hitlers famous speach in the background of Dimmu Borgir - Puritania near the end :O
Quote by ealtdharkon
Sorry to break this to you, but you "hardcore" fans don't HAVE mosh pits.
You have epileptic line dancing.

Quote by NotTheSun3290
Well... I AM a virgin, afterall...
Quote by magvol
its not a shocking song, but i got kinda shocked when i found out u could hear Hitlers famous speach in the background of Dimmu Borgir - Puritania near the end :O

It's used as the intro to Jesus Hitler by Carnivore

Jesus Hitler
Adolf Christ
Is this the second coming
Or the fourth Reich?
His mother a nun raped by nazi
Near the end of the second great war
Gave birth to the son who will change the future
For better or worse he's not sure
I am what should never have been
The ultimate abomination
Have I returned to save the jews
Or to destroy them?
Hear thee my fellow nazolics
Keep der race pure practice eugenics
And swear to the holy swazafix
I have returned
Reich and Roll!
Hess to my left and Hitler on right
Will it be war or peace
Tantalization on his throne of blood
Commands both man and beast
A pair of souls trapped in the body of one
Both prisoners of reincarnation
Torn between good and evil
I have returned for salvage elimination
Quote by Ichikurosaki
Chocolate Rain

or Cherry Chocolate Rain
That jesus hitler song was shocking in how terrible the lyrics were. It's pretty funny in a way.
What about stuff like chuck berry? Back in the 50s that was like blasphemy.

And Number of the Beast was based on Tam O' Shanter, a famous piece of literature, and in no way endorses the worship of Satan, murder, or Jerry Fallwell's ferrari, so I don't know why anyone would be offended.
My Blog
New bands you wish you knew about!

Check This Band:As Blood Runs Black
Guitarist of the month: Quorthon

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.
Most black blues singers were refering to sexual exploits and extreme racism etc from "mama"

Screaming Lord Sutch was like Marlyn Manson in his day, and Joe Meek was way ahead of his time in the early 60's, not only revolutionary in his production mehtods, but also being homosexual.

When Pink Floyd hit the charts, they were pretty shocking as the song "Arnold Layne" about a guy with a fetish for underwear and going to prison for it.

Piper at the Gates of Dawn is just an acid trip in stereophonic sound
Squier Classic Vibe Custom
Vox Pathfinder 15R
Fender Jazz Bass
Jesus Christ Allin
a.k.a
G.G Allin
He was messed up from the start, his dad thought he was the messiah and named him Jesus Christ Allin. His songs got even worse.
NOIZE
F*cked with a knife
Hammer Smashed Face
5 Nails through the neck

And so on for the entire Cannibal Corpse discography.

Their album artwork is censored in many coutries, and they are outright banned in a few.

And so on for much of brutal death metal.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
Last edited by gm jack at Dec 12, 2007,
Slayer.

Stuff like 213 is just weird...

And Slipknot's song Prosthetics. You can say what you want about them but that song isn't only creepy sounding but the lyrics are about a guy who kidnaps a girl, kills her when she tries to escape, and then rapes her dead corpse.
Colt 45 by Afroman... Another one that caused outrage in the USA!!
Quote by Atomic_Assault
lololololol that was epic andyd93. you just made my day

PROUD EVERTONIAN
anything by Macabre
Decaptivated

Ibanez S370 (all custom)
Mesa Boogie Studio Pre
Fender Champ 25se (used to power Mesa pre)
Custom 2x12 cab w/ Eminence Texas Heats
Quote by phatsack
anything by Macabre

They did that concept album on Dahmer, didn't they?

Yeah they're fucked up too.