I'm looking to start recording songs i have come up with, but i have a tiny budget of under £150. I was wondering if it was possible and, if so, what i could get? This is for recording of acoustic and electric guitars. I've been looking at the Samson CO1U to record vocals and acoustic guitar, but i don't know what setup i could have for the electric guitar. Thanks in advance.
It's gonna be a blue day
£150?

My band has just recorded our demo for less than $300AU, so surely for £150 you would be able to go to a recording studio and recording for 80 minutes or so there...?
Should have said, for home recording. Plus, i don't have a recording studio near me.

PEZEDIT: Ordered a Samson CO1U to record vocals and acoustic guitar, but still don't know what to get for an electric guitar setup.
It's gonna be a blue day
Last edited by perry589 at Dec 12, 2007,
There are some stickies on top that you can read.

I would get a computer then an interface to connect your mic and electric to the computer, download some software and you are ready to go.
Do you have an audio interface?

For electric guitar you need a dynamic microphone, I recommend the JTS NX-7 for smaller budgets, although you may be able to find a Shure SM57 on www.gak.co.uk for around £70, if your budget stretches enough.
You could also use the Samson for mic'ing a guitar amp, but it won't work very well for high gain channels, it's clean/crunch/fuzz/fizz/buzzsaw only.
^ Looked at a Samson mic for micing a guitar amp, but it didn't look good, so got the Samson mic that works well for vocals and acoustic guitar.

Quote by metallhead
There are some stickies on top that you can read.

I would get a computer then an interface to connect your mic and electric to the computer, download some software and you are ready to go.

So say, i got a Shure mic and the Line6 Toneport UX1, those would be all i needed to record my electric guitar?? I got confused by the stickies, or else i wouldn't of made this thread. And thanks guys.
It's gonna be a blue day
Quote by perry589

So say, i got a Shure mic and the Line6 Toneport UX1, those would be all i needed to record my electric guitar?? I got confused by the stickies, or else i wouldn't of made this thread. And thanks guys.

If you have the Line6 Toneport UX1 you don't need any mic for recording the guitar. Just plug the guitar into the port and then into the computer. Toneport comes with modeling software (amps and effects) so you should be fine.

If you want to record voice then you can also plug a microphone into the Toneport but it is not supposed to be for guitar.