Page 1 of 3
Yo yo yo, since we all know that every time someone posts a super cool thread about Choking Victim, Leftover Crack, Crack Rock Steady Seven, INDK, etc, etc, it dies within a day.

SO, I'm now starting a super awesome thread for people talk about all these bands, and bands related to this...genre? Whatever, but don't just be like "ZOMG LOC ARE TEH SUXORZ!"
official threads need emoticons, cause emoticons are awesome, and check out what i learnt
¡¡¡¡¡™™™™£££££¢¢¢¢¢¢¢¢??????§§§§§§¶¶¶¶¶¶•••ªºª÷÷÷÷÷?????????æ÷

and choking victim was the best incarnation of LOC.
and my collection of there eps is scratched, damn cds.
and i lost '**** world trade' burnt edition (both from punkalaskan) and now i only have their split with Citizen fish to listen to which....... sucks.
Quote by crustyreed
official threads need emoticons, cause emoticons are awesome, and check out what i learnt
¡¡¡¡¡™™™™£££££¢¢¢¢¢¢¢¢??????§§§§§§¶¶¶¶¶¶•••ªºª÷÷÷÷÷?????????æ÷

and choking victim was the best incarnation of LOC.
and my collection of there eps is scratched, damn cds.
and i lost '**** world trade' burnt edition (both from punkalaskan) and now i only have their split with Citizen fish to listen to which....... sucks.

I disagree, I think LOC was better. Choking Victim was too much ska for me. Besides, LOC was an incarnation of Choking Victim, not the other way around. One reason for my preferring of LOC over Choking Victim is that song, Crack Rock Steady...I hate that song!

But anyways, if any of you guys are fans of these bands, you might like INDK. they were another incarnation of Choking Victim that has the lead guitarist from LOC (Ezra) as the vocalist...I think it also features Skwert on drums. But like Choking Victim, this band broke during the recording of their first album, KILL WHITEY!. I wonder why there's so much constant tension between the crack rock steady clan?

Listen to INDK....
EDIT: ^Stza is the lead singer for LoC, not Ezra.

I don't mean to rain on your parade, but I believe there is already a Crack Rock Steady thread. In fact, there's probably at least 3 already.
Quote by hardrock1315
Seriously, I can't figure out why anyone listen to this crap.

I hate when people post on threads just to make notice that they don't like the topic of them. Stop being assholes and find better things to do than slam other people's musical taste.
Quote by neidnarb11890
EDIT: ^Stza is the lead singer for LoC, not Ezra.

I don't mean to rain on your parade, but I believe there is already a Crack Rock Steady thread. In fact, there's probably at least 3 already.

I know...I fixed it.
I used to absolutely hate crack rock steady but then I realized it's not that bad once listening to some Choking Victim some more. I might see LoC and Citizen Fish when they tour next(Mostly for Citizen Fish). The other thing is all the nu metal Slipknot kids have Leftover Crack. Their fans are as bad as Casualties fans.
I'm the same as I was when I was six years old
And oh my god I feel so damn old
I don't really feel anything
oh and i had some agnostic front/CRS7 split cd i got burnt. on the whole thing there was only one good song 'So you wanna be a cop?" and i lost that too.
damn i lost alot of LOC related bands stuff.
I like Choking Victim better than LoC. That being said, I don't listen to a whole lot of either.
and aren't threads supposed to be discussions for the most part? if so, then I don't see why people can't share their 'negative' opinions.
Quote by crustyreed
oh and i had some agnostic front/CRS7 split cd i got burnt. on the whole thing there was only one good song 'So you wanna be a cop?" and i lost that too.
damn i lost alot of LOC related bands stuff.

you mean f-minus?
And clenching your fist for the ones like us
Who are oppressed by the figures of beauty,
You fixed yourself, you said, "Well, never mind,
We are ugly, but we have the music."
Quote by jpate770
I hate when people post on threads just to make notice that they don't like the topic of them. Stop being assholes and find better things to do than slam other people's musical taste.

Forums are about opinions. You obviously have a problem with this.
Quote by Ska Wars
you mean f-minus?

lol shows how much i enjoyed it.
i just new the band were from new york and were 'tough'
Quote by StreetLight3989
I used to absolutely hate crack rock steady but then I realized it's not that bad once listening to some Choking Victim some more. I might see LoC and Citizen Fish when they tour next(Mostly for Citizen Fish). The other thing is all the nu metal Slipknot kids have Leftover Crack. Their fans are as bad as Casualties fans.

+ A million
I love all forms of Rock 'n' Roll, past and NOT present
i seriously have no idea what crack rock steady is. the bands stated dont sound very similar and they are not different enough to deserve another subgenre...

but you should not judge a band by its fans. just because the emo kids in your school K N O W the unseen or the casualties or leftover crack, doesnt mean you have to hate them for that.
Quote by crustyreed
lol shows how much i enjoyed it.
i just new the band were from new york and were 'tough'

Then your not talking about F-minus...they were from SoCal...Huntington Beach, I think.
Quote by hardrock1315
Seriously, I can't figure out why anyone listen to this crap.

Because Morning Glory ****ing rules

All the other CRS7 bands are debatable...

But Morning Glory ****ing rules.
I'm the type of nigga that's built to last
If you fuck with me, I'll put my foot in your ass
See, I don't give a fuck cause I keep bailin
Yo, what the fuck are they yellin?!

GANGSTA, GANGSTA
ya morning glory is good.

gimme heroin is very catchy. by far their best. and the remake of "gang control" is good to
Quote by punkalaskan

gimme heroin is very catchy. by far their best. and the remake of "gang control" is good to

Where do you get their music from? I haven't found any CDs out, and I tried to find some songs on my file-sharing network, but it doesn't show any. They seem interesting and I'd like to listen to them.
Quote by punkalaskan

"gang control" was done by morning glory first, and then leftover crack re-recorded it
And clenching your fist for the ones like us
Who are oppressed by the figures of beauty,
You fixed yourself, you said, "Well, never mind,
We are ugly, but we have the music."
Quote by recklessnick
i seriously have no idea what crack rock steady is. the bands stated dont sound very similar and they are not different enough to deserve another subgenre...

but you should not judge a band by its fans. just because the emo kids in your school K N O W the unseen or the casualties or leftover crack, doesnt mean you have to hate them for that.

It's not just that they know them, they wear their shirts. I really could care less what kind of fans a band has. I mean I like Green Day. It's just every Slipknot kid has an LoC shirt and then talks about how "gay" punk is. It annoys the crap out of me. Leftover Crack are not a bad band, their fans just irritate me.
I'm the same as I was when I was six years old
And oh my god I feel so damn old
I don't really feel anything
Quote by jpate770
Then your not talking about F-minus...they were from SoCal...Huntington Beach, I think.

guess i know now. still suck.
Quote by Ska Wars
"gang control" was done by morning glory first, and then leftover crack re-recorded it

Oh wow! I thought it was LoC first...oh well, they both rule.
actually Itunes is selling "This is no time ta sleep" and "the whole world is watchin" by morning glory.

but i got all my songs off myspace and limewire
Firstly, I must say I hate leftover crack

but Choking Victim is not bad, the song Money is very awesome.

the whole crack rock steady thing just bothers me cuz some of the music is just...... so poppy.... I can only listen to the stuff occasianlly, the thing that really saves them is the singer's crack addicted-smoking-a-carton-of-cigarettes-a-day voice. I think he sounds bad ass, kind of a moron in terms of morally speaking, but then again he is a smack head.
Mav-16]Firstly, I must say I hate leftover crack

but Choking Victim is not bad, the song Money is very awesome.

the whole crack rock steady thing just bothers me cuz some of the music is just...... so poppy.... I can only listen to the stuff occasianlly, the thing that really saves them is the singer's crack addicted-smoking-a-carton-of-cigarettes-a-day voice. I think he sounds bad ass, kind of a moron in terms of morally speaking, but then again he is a smack head.

Whats that supposed to mean? People on drugs can't be intelligent? Maybe they just have different views on drug use than you? That makes them no better, no worse, just different. Stza is, from what I see, a very intelligent individual who knows a great deal about what he sings for and stands for. Subjects like police brutality, commercial radio, overpopulation, religion, and America's obsession with television...these things Stza knows about and has strong opinions on. And just because he believes in radicalism, it doesn't make his opinions any less intelligent, it may just help to make them more affirmative. So next time, think before you accuse someone of being a moronic "smackhead", when you actually don't know that much about the person or the type of intelligence they actuallly possess.
Quote by jpate770
Whats that supposed to mean? People on drugs can't be intelligent? Maybe they just have different views on drug use than you? That makes them no better, no worse, just different. Stza is, from what I see, a very intelligent individual who knows a great deal about what he sings for and stands for. Subjects like police brutality, commercial radio, overpopulation, religion, and America's obsession with television...these things Stza knows about and has strong opinions on. And just because he believes in radicalism, it doesn't make his opinions any less intelligent, it may just help to make them more affirmative. So next time, think before you accuse someone of being a moronic "smackhead", when you actually don't know that much about the person or the type of intelligence they actuallly possess.

1. Every punk band in the world has an anti-authority song. That does not make them intelligent.
2. Overpopulation? If the whole human population was in one spot, it would only take up 1% of the earth.
3. Intelligence about religion? "DEAD DEAD DEAD DEAD, Your God is dead to me!" Very intelligent verse.
4. They write songs about doing crack. How intelligent is that? They are high school drop outs, so why would you listen to someone preaching about their political view if they havn't even gotten an education? Oh wait, "School is Bull****". I forgot.
Quote by llanafreak44
1. Every punk band in the world has an anti-authority song. That does not make them intelligent.
2. Overpopulation? If the whole human population was in one spot, it would only take up 1% of the earth.
3. Intelligence about religion? "DEAD DEAD DEAD DEAD, Your God is dead to me!" Very intelligent verse.
4. They write songs about doing crack. How intelligent is that? They are high school drop outs, so why would you listen to someone preaching about their political view if they havn't even gotten an education? Oh wait, "School is Bull****". I forgot.

1. While most punk bands do hate police, leftover crack delves more into the actual injustices they commit against the people rather than just bitching about them. listen to and research Operation M.O.V.E. you'll see what I'm talking about.
2. While you speak of overpopulation in an ignorant manner, thinking the concept revolves around actual "space"., educated people, like Stza, who actually know what they're talking about, know that it's more of a problem concerning the earth's resources being rapidly used up. It also concerns the amount of poverty on the earth, that results from such factors as a lack of education to other parts of the world, and certain religions and governments being against the advocation of birth control.
3. If you will listen to such songs as "Feed the children (Book of Lies)" you would realize that unlike the song you mentioned where they pick at Christianity for fun (what punk band doesn't?), here they exemplify the need for a rethinking of the benefits of Christianity. They state that they feel it's more important to feed the hungry rather than to waste money on missionary trips, forcing beliefs on people not use to the customs. It also touches on the moral issue of how Christianity destroys who we are essentially by inhibiting our actions, inhibiting our decisions, and disenabling our personal development and worldwide tolerance.
4. So your saying you have to have a high school education to be successful and/or intelligent? Maybe the only information you corrode your mind with is that tbeing spoon fed to you through our "fine education system", but some others, maybe feeling public education is not of benefit to them, seek to learn on their own or in different manners, and I personally don't think your anybody to judge them for it.

And once again, many of their beliefs are represented through radicalism. Meaning some of the crazy things they say is genuinely how they feel, while others are simply stated for shock value and/or just to be controversial (such as the satanic symbols they use in their logos). So don't take everything you hear leftover crack say that makes you gasp in disbelief so literally. It could be used simply for the point of getting a higher, more specific point across.
Quote by jpate770
1. While most punk bands do hate police, leftover crack delves more into the actual injustices they commit against the people rather than just bitching about them. listen to and research Operation M.O.V.E. you'll see what I'm talking about.
2. While you speak of overpopulation in an ignorant manner, thinking the concept revolves around actual "space"., educated people, like Stza, who actually know what they're talking about, know that it's more of a problem concerning the earth's resources being rapidly used up. It also concerns the amount of poverty on the earth, that results from such factors as a lack of education to other parts of the world, and certain religions and governments being against the advocation of birth control.
3. If you will listen to such songs as "Feed the children (Book of Lies)" you would realize that unlike the song you mentioned where they pick at Christianity for fun (what punk band doesn't?), here they exemplify the need for a rethinking of the benefits of Christianity. They state that they feel it's more important to feed the hungry rather than to waste money on missionary trips, forcing beliefs on people not use to the customs. It also touches on the moral issue of how Christianity destroys who we are essentially by inhibiting our actions, inhibiting our decisions, and disenabling our personal development and worldwide tolerance.
4. So your saying you have to have a high school education to be successful and/or intelligent? Maybe the only information you corrode your mind with is that tbeing spoon fed to you through our "fine education system", but some others, maybe feeling public education is not of benefit to them, seek to learn on their own or in different manners, and I personally don't think your anybody to judge them for it.

And once again, many of their beliefs are represented through radicalism. Meaning some of the crazy things they say is genuinely how they feel, while others are simply stated for shock value and/or just to be controversial (such as the satanic symbols they use in their logos). So don't take everything you hear leftover crack say that makes you gasp in disbelief so literally. It could be used simply for the point of getting a higher, more specific point across.

1. You got me
2. I am fully aware of the resource consumption problem. In that song though, it mentions nothing about that. When I read the lyrics, it seems to me that they are just anti-breeding not because of the whole problems, but because they just hate people and believe that "life quality goes".
3. You can't be tolerant and hating christians at the same time.
4. If some one was "intelligent", I think they would further their education. Plus, what's so corrupt about school besides History, which no one believes anyways. Like I said before, I wouldn't listen to someone uneducated preaching their politics like Stza, compared to Fat Mike who actually has a P.hD and knows what he is talking about because he has the knowledge to back him up. How often do you think Stza keeps up with political news or votes? If he wants so much change about our ****ed up world, he should take action. He's not going to though because he's Nihilist, so I don't understand what he's complaining about. He doesn't pay taxes, he squats. In my opinion, he has nothing to complain about since none of these things apply to him because he doesn't have to go through what every other person does. Trust me, I'm pretty liberal, but I think it's ridiculous that some lazy person complains about things that don't apply to him.

I'm aware of their little shock satan stars and whatnot, but honestly, Leftover Crack make their fans stupid. I know a bunch of kids who want to start a ska/punk/"death metal" band that make their little logo's with 666's and pentagrams, and it gets old.

I'm not asking you to agree with me, I'm just giving my thoughts.
i like LOC because i agree with alot of what they say, quite obviously i'm not gonna agree with them on all fronts, but who f*cking cares?

i like CV basically cause they're LOC

i like morning glory because they're more listenablre than some LOC stuff.

I like No Ca$h because they aren't LOC. No Ca$h has songs about homelife and personal problems, which i can relate to.

i think LOC is wrong on just hating christianity, because it is a choise to have faith, you don't have to be an atheist. However, having faith does NOT mean you have to confine yourself to a religion, which is what i think they mix together and get confused on.

And yeah, i'm gonna say they're pretty intelligent individuals, sure they do drugs, but so have many great minds in our world, they aren't doing them so much now, but i think its mainly because of their anti-straight edge stance. to piss peopel off. like their satanic imagery, they've said its all just to piss people off.

while i do agree alot of their fans are pretty ****headed, that doesn't make them dumb
Quote by llanafreak44
1. You got me
2. I am fully aware of the resource consumption problem. In that song though, it mentions nothing about that. When I read the lyrics, it seems to me that they are just anti-breeding not because of the whole problems, but because they just hate people and believe that "life quality goes".
3. You can't be tolerant and hating christians at the same time.
4. If some one was "intelligent", I think they would further their education. Plus, what's so corrupt about school besides History, which no one believes anyways. Like I said before, I wouldn't listen to someone uneducated preaching their politics like Stza, compared to Fat Mike who actually has a P.hD and knows what he is talking about because he has the knowledge to back him up. How often do you think Stza keeps up with political news or votes? If he wants so much change about our ****ed up world, he should take action. He's not going to though because he's Nihilist, so I don't understand what he's complaining about. He doesn't pay taxes, he squats. In my opinion, he has nothing to complain about since none of these things apply to him because he doesn't have to go through what every other person does. Trust me, I'm pretty liberal, but I think it's ridiculous that some lazy person complains about things that don't apply to him.

I'm aware of their little shock satan stars and whatnot, but honestly, Leftover Crack make their fans stupid. I know a bunch of kids who want to start a ska/punk/"death metal" band that make their little logo's with 666's and pentagrams, and it gets old.

I'm not asking you to agree with me, I'm just giving my thoughts.

2. (and yes I'm continuing this pointless number carry on) I wasn't telling you problems they state in the songs, I was giving you actual problems caused by overpopulation (the overall concept they're against as mentioned in the song, while anti-breeding does play a small part in that) that everyone can agree on...including Stza. But if you want to talk about life is pain, yes it has a primary message of anti-breeding linking to another warning of overpopulation. And no the song doesn't point directly to the reasons I gave for causing it, but like I said I wasn't giving them stripped from the lyrics. I was merely assessing the overall problem represented through the song, which is overpopulation. Stza's views on what are the main causes, I don't know. But I do know his views on the overall subject, and thats all I was saying.
3. Like I said before they use radicalism to get their point across. But I do share their belief that you have to get rid the majority of intolerance before tolerance can truely exist.
4. First of all, I don't belive a P.hD makes you any overall smarter than anyone else. Maybe on certan topics yes, but overall no. Knowledge is everywhere and all it takes is an ambitious person to go out there and pursue it, and they don't necessarily need a college education to do that. Besides I don't think stza's in the situation right now to pay for a 4 year school, what with still living in C-squat and all. And who knows maybe he made some bad choices in high school that led to his dropout or maybe he something within the school conflicted with something he believed in which of course led to his having to leave out of self-obligation. Or even maybe he just couldn't learn a certain way and his area didn't have any more options for a poor kid. Who knows? What I'm saying is I don't care what knowledge he's pursued in the past, what I care about is that he's still pursuing today on issues important to him and what he believes and I share. And this is his contribution to the world, spreading the message. His only way of contributing really withou straying away from his beliefs on nihilism. And you can say what you want, but it's his philosophy of life, and yours differs from his. And I'm sure you don't support his philosophy of sitting around and doing nothing to better the situation, but maybe he doesn't support your philosophy of getting out and doing something, when ultimatey it will probably end in wasted effort. It's all different point of views, and you can't change that. And by the way, Fat Mike is one of the most ignorant sons of bitches on the planet, and a poster boy for forcing beliefs, so he's not a really good comparison.

....And I'm pretty sure the band can't help that kids are stupid and will eat anything up they can't get their hands on, and turn it into something it totally isn't. I bet they think its hilarious. But anyways you can reply to this but thats where it ends, because as I've stated before when it comes down to a simple difference in opinion instead of just misinformation or whatnot, there's really no point in continuing the argument because it will ultimately lead nowhere. So thanks for the discussion...
awwwww poor stza, did too much crack and dropped out of school cuz he's a tweaker......

anyone who gets hella money from tours, shows, and the record label he's on, and lives in a squat is a moron in my opinion. He's not poor, he WAS, until he started playing guitar, singing about the world and how it sucks, he wants to live in a squat. he probably thinks it's like more cool or "punk rock" to live in a squat.
Quote by Mav-16
awwwww poor stza, did too much crack and dropped out of school cuz he's a tweaker......

anyone who gets hella money from tours, shows, and the record label he's on, and lives in a squat is a moron in my opinion. He's not poor, he WAS, until he started playing guitar, singing about the world and how it sucks, he wants to live in a squat. he probably thinks it's like more cool or "punk rock" to live in a squat.

awwwww poor ignorant bastard who has no idea what hes talking about. Listen up kid, most of their shows are free of charge or really cheap admission in ****ty venues..their not coliseum people.
And secondly he's on alternative tenacles, a small record label. It's not gonna render the profits the david geffen company might. And I'm pretty sure they pay for their own transportaion when touring...airline tickets when touring internationally. And don't give me that bull**** about being cool living in a squat. Some people live the way they feel without having or needing the luxury of nice material possessions or expensive, modern technology...it's called anarcho-primitism. Read up on **** before you open your smartass mouth and come back with an INTELLIGENT opinion.
Quote by jpate770
awwwww poor ignorant bastard who has no idea what hes talking about. Listen up kid, most of their shows are free of charge or really cheap admission in ****ty venues..their not coliseum people.
And secondly he's on alternative tenacles, a small record label. It's not gonna render the profits the david geffen company might. And I'm pretty sure they pay for their own transportaion when touring...airline tickets when touring internationally. And don't give me that bull**** about being cool living in a squat. Some people live the way they feel without having or needing the luxury of nice material possessions or expensive, modern technology...it's called anarcho-primitism. Read up on **** before you open your smartass mouth and come back with an INTELLIGENT opinion.

ummmm

no

they played at a pretty ****ty venue about 3 weeks ago for 20 bucks, and they were on hellcat records and Go Kart records so they have a nice paycheck threw the rolaties bud and they are only getting more popular. (you can thank the emo/scene kids for that one) And I don't know how much longer Jello is gonna let that band stay on Alternative Tentacles. Considering the fact Jello is quite the control freak i have herad, and Leftover Crack don't seem to take no for an answer. (god they are such rebels)
And usually when a band tours, it is always paid for, so you need to read up on that one kid. You obviously don't know much about the Music Business - remember that. And I do know what Anarcho-primitism is, in fact am in the sorts, I think technology has gone too far and eventually money will be controlled via computers but that doesn't matter cuz you wouldn't care about my opinion obviously anyway.

have a nice day
oh yeah.... leftover crack sucks
Quote by jpate770

would you just leave already?
Quote by BrianApocalypse
Rancid are the best punk band ever.

Tim Armstrong is a songwriting genius, is a complete fashion diva and has an incredible singing voice.

He doesn't sound like Opie from family guy at all.
Page 1 of 3