Hey guys, got a Carvin last week. I was hearing a bad ringing noise, so I decided to check it out to fix and see exactly how easy it is to navigate the chassis. It turns out V3 (which is a Groove 12AX7 Preamp tube) wasn't in all the way. I took it out, inspected its pins (which were fine), and attempted to put it all the way in. It won't budge, and its a real pain in the ass trying this for about an hour. 1 other socket seems crooked as well. How can I fix this?

Also, my power tubes have resistor clamps around them, but the resistors have dug their way into the sides of the tubes because of force and its really hard and impossible to force all of them down. I'm not sure what to do about this, because I want them changed soon and its a pain in the arm to get to the preamp section which are behind the power tubes. Any ideas? Do I really need these clamps, and is there a way to loosen them? Thanks guys
"Don't panic, everything is falling neatly out of order"
- Douglas Adams
I can't really say i know how to fix this..but the best advice i could give you is to take it to a professional music shop and have them take a look at it. And if you bought it new and it came like that, then Carvin should provide whatever you need to fix it, otherwise I would demand a refund.
Gear --

Gibson Les Paul Special

Marshall JCM2000 DSL100 half stack

Dunlop Crybaby + Various Boss Pedals
Quote by SLVRSTN+HH4LIFE
I can't really say i know how to fix this..but the best advice i could give you is to take it to a professional music shop and have them take a look at it. And if you bought it new and it came like that, then Carvin should provide whatever you need to fix it, otherwise I would demand a refund.

Well I bought it used but it was only played for about 20 hours, and I can tell these are stock tubes and the owner probably never went back there based on how seamless things were. I can see how anyone themselves besides the amp manufacturer could mess up the placement and routing of the sockets. And the power amp tube's clamp is a whole other issue.

I'm going to call Carvin tomorrow about this. Do you think they will allow a replacement or repair if I bought it used?
- Douglas Adams
they might do
it is after all one of their amps most manufacturers do repair ALL of their products,,,,the question is whether or not you'll be charged or directed to a stockist to do it then the charge depends on them
Gear:
Dean Razorback V 255 (explosion finish)
Jackson KX10 (amber sunburst)
Yamaha ERG121
random 50 quid acoustic
Randall RG50TC
Quote by sajuuk
they might do
it is after all one of their amps most manufacturers do repair ALL of their products,,,,the question is whether or not you'll be charged or directed to a stockist to do it then the charge depends on them

Well, this is Carvin, and I hear they have excellent customer report.

I kind of look forward to finding out for myself

Any other suggestions? Is this fixable by myself?
- Douglas Adams