Page 1 of 2
I'm Atheist and I go to a catholic school. It pisses me off when I'm learning about something like evolution, and we're taught "God created humans before any other life form." And this kind of thing happens quite often

I don't mind being taught about religion, but i don't like it when it gets in the way of learning something else/something more important.

I also thought that catholics believed in evolution...
sup?
Quote by ldl67
I'm Atheist and I go to a catholic school. It pisses me off when I'm learning about something like evolution, and we're taught "God created humans before any other life form." And this kind of thing happens quite often

I don't mind being taught about religion, but i don't like it when it gets in the way of learning something else/something more important.

I also thought that catholics believed in evolution...

So uhm, which planet were you hiding out on since about 4 A.D?
Feed your mind.
Your thoughts on Catholicism and the belief in evoluion are correct. That is odd what your school teaches. Unfortunately, you do go to a private school, so it sounds best if you try to ignore it.
lol I used to be at a catholic school
My religion teacher was also my science teacher
Quote by Chikitty_China
Good lord. You are amazing.

Quote by Jestersage
It's stereo amp, and I don't think it's tube. However, for a stereo amp, it is very good. Don't plug guitar into it; just use it as hi-fi if it works.
What part of "Catholic School" do you not understand? They're not gonna go quote Darwin, when it clearly goes against thier beliefs. Stop being silly
time machine. Inadvertently, I had created a
Are you mad? Of course not. Put yourself in their shoes, their religion is based on the fact that their god loves them above all else, and then they find out some bearded maniac says they used to be monkeys?

I feel for you. Then again, you've got a great incentive to actually do some education on your own.
I'm a communist. Really.
just go along with it, if you dont they'll beat your with a ruler

i went to catholic school from 2nd-4th it wasnt so bad
Quote by yellowfrizbee
lmao XxGloriousxX is a genius

Quote by Pinky19
You guys fail. Except for you Glorious. You win.

Once again.
Quote by Guitarfreak777
I would shoot them to death yes, but trying to aim for non-leathal, hoping they live.

which one is it Guitarfreak777?
Creating humans first doesn't even make sense; these guys seem to be off.
lol I find that hard to believe. I did high-school in a Catholic school in Alberta, Canada too and the religion was non-existent besides the actual Religion class. I dunno, maybe Edmonton is just weird like that.
Fan of the Ottawa Senators

Quote by apak
My G string keeps slipping when i bend it.
Any suggestions?
Quote by Firebread
So uhm, which planet were you hiding out on since about 4 A.D?
Ever since Pope Leo XIII, Catholics have accepted the theory of Evolution.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Creation-evolution_controversy
Quote by shpangler
lol I find that hard to believe. I did high-school in a Catholic school in Alberta, Canada too and the religion was non-existent besides the actual Religion class. I dunno, maybe Edmonton is just weird like that.

or it could just be this school...
sup?
Quote by iceman_8319
What part of "Catholic School" do you not understand? They're not gonna go quote Darwin, when it clearly goes against thier beliefs. Stop being silly
The theory of evolution doesn't go against the beliefs of Catholicism.
just out of curiosity why is it ok for anyone but the christians or catholics to share their views with anyone without it being considered propoganda?

just my thought
why don't you just consider what they're saying to you. You don't have to accept it obviously but the least you could and should do is to consider it
I'm not in a cotholic school, but I'm actually catholic because I'm bapticed (however it is written, in spanish it is "bautizado") and so, I'm like really tired of "my religion" but my family is like REALLY religious.. so, I've got no choice.. unless I do some sort of strike..

"When I die, I want people to play my music, go wild and freak out and do anything they want to do." - Jimi Hendrix

"A dream you dream alone is only a dream. A dream you dream together is reality." - John Lennon

I'm a GIRL!
Eh, you go to a private school...they can do essentially whatever they want.

Whatever.
Last.fm

WE ARE THE MUSIC MAKERS
AND WE ARE THE DREAMERS OF THE DREAMS
Stop whining... just do the work hold your own beliefs... i went to a christian school my whole basically... and i am not christian... but you are just looking for a reason to be upset... the story of an atheist...
Setup
Shecter C-1 Classic
Ibanez S2170 Prestige
Crate GT120
Ibanez Tube Screamer
Dunlop Cry Baby Original

Quote by GOD*OF*ROCK

And i was all like, no dude show me your DICK
wait...i thought it said in the bible that after god made the earth and animals and everything he decided to make Adam and Eve
When all else fails, ask the pit.
Quote by bluesybilly
just out of curiosity why is it ok for anyone but the christians or catholics to share their views with anyone without it being considered propoganda?
Christian actions (Ex. a Bible placed in front of a court room) have been subject to much controversy in the past.
Quote by hammondrckr
you cant use wikipedia as a source
*sighs*

If you weren't lazy enough, you could have easily found the section that proves my point in a matter of seconds, with a citation of a legitimate source. I didn't link that source because it is a PDF file.
^ yes i suppose you are right but at least their beliefs make sense unlike atheists...
i mean honestly to say you dont believe in god, is basically acknowledging that there is one and you just don't believe in it, its like me saying i dont believe in trees. It doesnt mean that they don't exist it just means i dont believe in them
I went to a Catholic elementary school but we didn't delve too deeply in science at that age so I didn't see too many contradictions. This was also when I still believed in Christianity.

I'll have a bourbon.
Quote by Guns 'n Roses57
why don't you just consider what they're saying to you. You don't have to accept it obviously but the least you could and should do is to consider it

my point exactly...at elast hear their side of the story
Quote by bluesybilly

just my thought

ever heard of the crusades? besides, christians specifically catholics are a large majority, and you know how jumpy minorities (not a black joke so relax) get when they feel threatened by a majority.
Quote by yellowfrizbee
lmao XxGloriousxX is a genius

Quote by Pinky19
You guys fail. Except for you Glorious. You win.

Once again.
Quote by Guitarfreak777
I would shoot them to death yes, but trying to aim for non-leathal, hoping they live.

which one is it Guitarfreak777?
I would express my gr1m frostbitten distaste for generally all religion, but I'd probably get a bit tangental and offend people. I respect people's beliefs, but don't like at all the methods of misinformation, questionable motives, and plain lies that organised religion uses.

Either drop out and go somewhere prepared to teach you the truth; or stop bothering with that **** and teach yourself via INTERNETS.
Last edited by Vermintide at Dec 12, 2007,
I love how Atheism is the new black... seems that you aren't cool unless you're an atheist... i bet you are the same people that that think when a band plays an arena they sell out... and i bet you believe you're a nonconformist... ahh the moronic outlook of an illogical person... got'a love it
Setup
Shecter C-1 Classic
Ibanez S2170 Prestige
Crate GT120
Ibanez Tube Screamer
Dunlop Cry Baby Original

Quote by GOD*OF*ROCK

Quote by I-Watch-Anime
wait...i thought it said in the bible that after god made the earth and animals and everything he decided to make Adam and Eve
Read up on Theistic Evolution.
Quote by bluesybilly

just my thought

Teaching science isn't, or at least shouldn't be, "sharing your view". It's a subject that deals with facts, it's not society class etc
I went to catholic school, i was taught about Darwin, evolution, dinosaurs and all that jazz... They also said "Do not by any means take the bible literally" as it was written for simple people back then, and no one at the time would have understood about it. At least thats what they told me. (I'm catholic but i don't really believe in the whole religion as an institution)
Quote by Vermintide
I would express my gr1m frostbitten distaste for generally all religion, but I'd probably get a bit tangental and offend people.

Either drop out and go somewhere prepared to teach you the truth; or stop bothering with that **** and teach yourself via INTERNETS.

Amen brother!

I'll have a bourbon.
Quote by bluesybilly
^ yes i suppose you are right but at least their beliefs make sense unlike atheists...
i mean honestly to say you dont believe in god, is basically acknowledging that there is one and you just don't believe in it, its like me saying i dont believe in trees. It doesnt mean that they don't exist it just means i dont believe in them

Lol @ this.
Quote by RobCr
I went to catholic school, i was taught about Darwin, evolution, dinosaurs and all that jazz... They also said "Do not by any means take the bible literally" as it was written for simple people back then, and no one at the time would have understood about it. At least thats what they told me. (I'm catholic but i don't really believe in the whole religion as an institution)

A rational out look on a simple book of good morales... taking it literally is stupid... thank you for being logical
Setup
Shecter C-1 Classic
Ibanez S2170 Prestige
Crate GT120
Ibanez Tube Screamer
Dunlop Cry Baby Original

Quote by GOD*OF*ROCK

Quote by Lumpelope
I love how Atheism is the new black... seems that you aren't cool unless you're an atheist... i bet you are the same people that that think when a band plays an arena they sell out... and i bet you believe you're a nonconformist... ahh the moronic outlook of an illogical person... got'a love it

These days, it's pretty conformist to act "non-conformist". Who's the conformist now?
I'm a communist. Really.
some of you need to go watch Inherit the Wind.
TS, i don't mean to offend you, but i think you're exaggerating a TAD bit. also, this isn't a blog, so is there a purpose to this thread at all other than whining?

My mind is going. I can feel it.
Quote by ldl67
"God created humans before any other life form." :

welll that's clearly not even biblical. i'm pretty sure it says fish and such first in the bible. maybe birds?
Too cool for a signature.
Page 1 of 2