So last night i was standing in front of my van about to put both my stratocaster and my Transparent Red Jackson DKMGT Dinky when my straplocks on my jackson fail and it fell to the cement...
i was left with a bruised guitar wondering why my straplocks failed and why it happened to me...

can i get it repaired...if so how much is this estimate...

MY GEAR:
Jackson Dinky DKMGT
Fender MIM Fat Stratocaster
Peavey ValveKing halfstack
Samick Acoustic
first off sorry to hear.

second, wondering what type of locks, and where it came off.

third, if the guitar works ok?

and lastly, u can get it refinished. maybe a couple hundred?

or you can raise dents, and use touchup paint urself.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
(taken out the bit about not seeing a picture just popped up lol)

we arent the ones who are going to charge you so it doesnt matter what we think in this instance

take it to get looked at and you'll get a price from whomever looks at it

(no rudeness intended btw I just woulda thought you'd ask the people who may be doing it for you how much)
Gear:
Dean Razorback V 255 (explosion finish)
Jackson KX10 (amber sunburst)
Yamaha ERG121
random 50 quid acoustic
Randall RG50TC
ummm...
they are German Made i think...Schaller
the guitar works fine...its just my baby and i dont have it looking like a piece of trash...

i reallly dont want to do a self job, not my specially
MY GEAR:
Jackson Dinky DKMGT
Samick Acoustic
You know, whenever a guitar falls, it always seems to be right above cement : /

As for repairs, is the input jack alright? I don't know if that type of work is doable, and besides, now your guitar has built some character with battle scars

Also, I like your Magic Tree House Book
"Don't panic, everything is falling neatly out of order"
- Douglas Adams

best shots of the worst damage...^^^
MY GEAR:
Jackson Dinky DKMGT
Samick Acoustic
LOL...
thank you

best prop around =]
MY GEAR:
Jackson Dinky DKMGT
Samick Acoustic
well, it's a refinish job on a transparent. so here's an example site.

http://www.bostonguitar.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=BGWI&Category_Code=53GTRF

and schaller are pretty good, did the peg itself fall out? im just confused how the strap gave way.

OH and you are so lucky it fell ass first.

maybe you can save a bunch if you ask for a touch up job instead. that damage isnt that bad at all.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

he was just asking. if nothing else, then he get's information.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...but...its my babyyyy

and i guess it IS only paint...
and yeah look the straplock on the strap gave way...

MY GEAR:
Jackson Dinky DKMGT
Samick Acoustic
^ahh that sucks. guess its faulty. maybe popped out of the peg hole?

too bad. auto shop touch up paint is really easy to use. clear coat can be substituted wt clear nail polish, and for a smooth surface, a light fine sanding on those edges will help. just dont scuff too much of the surrounding area.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

it adds to the personality of the guitar doesn't it? I mean, all guitars have dents and scratches, if not, then it seems you're not playing enough, **** happens, I wouldn't spend money on getting it re-finished, id rather buy a pedal or something else, if the wood is exposed and you're afraid of it getting damaged from humidity, then jus buy some clear coat, apply, sand and repeat a couple of times.

Nice guitar BTW
lol...
im not going to even try...maybe ill get my dad to look at it...

i dont wanna mess it up anymore...
dam my bad luck...im standing on concrete with my guitar maybe 2% of the time...im usually over a stage, carpet, or grass....
bleh...thats wut i get for messing with kharma
MY GEAR:
Jackson Dinky DKMGT
Samick Acoustic
GOD. that sucks.

On one hand tho, free relic job

Nah, sorry to hear man. It could be worse tho. and I have tho straplocks too and they take my abuse so you might not have installed them properly.

^^^What she said too!
dont worry, i've had my Jackson DK2M snow white guitar fall 5 feet to the ground once! it looks similar to what yours does now...still works but damn, had to fix the tremolo a bit though.
http://www.myspace.com/wolfblackblues
Sometimes i walk outside and stare at the Sun and sigh at its massive beauty, a Glowing Beacon of Light. Then i begin to see spots...My Eyes Burn, Retinas begin to become Torched!....Sometimes i Hate the Sun...
i would have to say they were installed correctly...since they were by my local music store, a luthier...
but yeah the wood is exposed...ill get my dad to do some quick work...so the humidity wont damage it...
MY GEAR:
Jackson Dinky DKMGT
Samick Acoustic
You can probably get a settlement from schaller, I'd definety shoot them an Email.
Quote by R_H_C_P
^Oh my God! You're the first person to actually notice that link! A pringle to you my friend!

My Surf-o-Strat Project
^^really? damn.. This isnt the first time like I have heard/seen this. You got lucky tho, one fella I know had a gibson LP studio. Straplock at the neck broke and the neck broke off.

So once it plays fine thats all that matters!
i did that...i was hoping to get that or take it to small claims court...
but they are in Germany...

and alas i am in Georgia...
MY GEAR:
Jackson Dinky DKMGT
Samick Acoustic
Hmmm. I kinda like the way the knicks look, but I can understand if you don't like them. Bring it to a local shop soon.

My strap locks get loose a lot, and that always makes me nervous.

I used to read Magical Tree House books too.
Great books, great books.

alright...well i guess my dad will clear coat/quick sand the gashes...and ill call it a day...thank you all
MY GEAR:
Jackson Dinky DKMGT
Samick Acoustic
ah dont worry about it. Now it is a relic. People pay tons of money for a fender that looks all beat up.