i have a problem with my guitar i think. i play an epiphone les paul and lately the second, third, and fourth strings have been sounding weird when i play them. this is most noticeable when i play over the bridge pickup, and id describe the noise as buzzy and like something loose moving around i guess? its hard to explain, but its really starting to annoy me and im sure im not the first with this problem, so does anyone have any idea what this is and how to fix it??

any help is appreciated thanks
My Gear:
Epi standard les paul
Taylor 110 acoustic
Fender blues junior amp
Fulltone OCD
i dont think its fret buzz it sounds similiar i got that on my squier higher up the neck, but this is most noticeable when i play open strings... how do you mess with the action?? lol would i be better off asking my guitar teacher i have lessons on monday??
My Gear:
Epi standard les paul
Taylor 110 acoustic
Fender blues junior amp
Fulltone OCD
some epiphones have a little wire in the bridge or the tailpiece to "stabilize the strings" and sometimes they get loose and rattle.
Did you know the odds of a Vault-Tec shelter failing are 1,763,497 to 1?

So imagine life in a Vault-Tec Vault. Not just a future.
A brighter future... underground.

Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.
Quote by ryanh09
i dont think its fret buzz it sounds similiar i got that on my squier higher up the neck, but this is most noticeable when i play open strings... how do you mess with the action?? lol would i be better off asking my guitar teacher i have lessons on monday??

yeah u should wait for him, but it most likely fretbuzz. also the action is where the ends of the strings are(not on the headstock) pretty much it is the bridge and you should have gotten a hexagonal key with your guitar the you put into these little holes and when you turn it, the action moves up or down. when you buzz that means the action is to low which means your strings are too close to the fretboard which creates buzzing which means you have to raise your action.
Quote by ironman1478
yeah u should wait for him, but it most likely fretbuzz. also the action is where the ends of the strings are(not on the headstock) pretty much it is the bridge and you should have gotten a hexagonal key with your guitar the you put into these little holes and when you turn it, the action moves up or down. when you buzz that means the action is to low which means your strings are too close to the fretboard which creates buzzing which means you have to raise your action.

That's not a "key". It's called an allen wrench buddy. Learn your tools.